Why does dialogue not show? (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter absolutebun
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
A

absolutebun

Okay, so I've been trying this for about an hour now and regardless of what I do, dialogue just does not show up at all..
I've been searching also and there doesn't really seem to be any solutions..

Can someone please explain why dialogue refuses to display? I've loaded the text file, enabled dialogue, what else is there to do?

:S :S :S

I

ixagnoh

i had a similiar problem, and i got it to work just by selecting all the lines in the in-game editor. just click each one with the mouse or something untill its greyed out, then they might show up

AaRL

Vivacious Visitor
I think the whole editor is bugged. Kona said he would address major bugs sometime soon.

For me, it works when testing in game. The problem I have is using the actual editor. Its built into the game itself, thus SWF. Random crashes losing all dialogue that you havent saved. Im trying to learn the new triggers and "thinking" and "him talking" dialogue so I can just write it out in Notepad like Ive done all my other dialogues.

But triggers like [ADD_TEARS] doesnt work or just stops the dialogue completely. And I still cant get the "thinking" one to work properly. It just comes up with the new box for it and nothing else. Her normal dialogue and his dialogue work fine.

Plus Im not a fan of how it saves anyway. Its ONE continously line with no breaks.

AaRL

Vivacious Visitor
Ive manged to get the her "thinking" during him holding her down.

For example:
held:"To be honest... I really enjoy this!"{"style":"Thought"} - works

However, if you include any triggers in lines of thought ( [ADD_TEARS][ARMS_LOOSE][BLINK] and the others) it will break the dialogue and you will have to restart the game. She will complete the trigger action though like [ARMS_LOOSE] but nothing more will happen. The dialogue will display up the trigger placed in line and freeze.

For example:
held:"To be honest... [BLINK]I really enjoy this!"{"style":"Thought"} - doesnt work and stops dialogue until game restart
held:"[HAPPY_MOOD]To be honest... [BLINK]I really enjoy this!"{"style":"Thought"} - doesnt work and stops dialogue until game restart

This "rule" ONLY applies to the held lines it seems. You can place triggers in other lines that Ive tested.

UPDATE:
This has been corrected in the latest SDT v1.15.1. Dialogue clears and triggers no longer break/freeze dialogue

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.