VincentL's dialogues - A Girl's Submission (NEW) and Loving Wife (3 Viewers)

VincentL

Vivacious Visitor
Re: Loving Wife - complete version

Pim_gd said:
VincentL said:
Oh, now that's an important one. Hm, not sure what to do with this, I did it like this so the change of position is not visible (realism omg) and it looks like a smooth transition. Just wondering, would simply making it a thought line solve the problem?

Yes, this will solve the problem.
I did some testing and apparently it was not entirely a solution, because if sucking during the transition triggered a thought line, it would be incomplete. It wouldn't actually break the dialogue, but the best case scenario required clicking the button again and I guess it could be confusing for many people who wouldn't know what's going on.

The funny part is I didn't realise that the animtools trigger for changing position has its own brief fade out/in and a cinematic transition is why I made the whole complicated line in the first place :P so it turns out it was all kind of pointless and now the transition is just almost instant with everything working the way I intended.

tl;dr: A fixed version is up, I believe there's no way to crash the transition after clicking the button now no matter what you do.

Slingerbult said:
OK, I've played through the full version. Good work on your first full dialogue! I think it's technically advanced from the perspective of using variables, buttons and different positions, but it's missing some of the simpler technical details to make it come alive.

Right now, the net result is mostly text and the mouse providing back and fourth action. What about using hand jobs, hand position changes, more sounds and eye movements (shock and moan triggers etc)? Maybe spice it up a bit with automation turning on and off during certain circumstance?

From a story point perspective, I also missed a good ending. She promises him to suck him all night if he fucks her once, so why not have an option of switching back to oral after fucking? And maybe fade to black once he cums on her face, perhaps as part of a restart trigger? You could even give the option for anal if she cums twice from vag... Just a thought.

Literally - and I'm nit-picking here - I also found some of her comments a bit repetitive. The term "slutty lips" is specific enough that I feel once is enough, and she shouldn't refer to her slutty lips twice in a row in different sentences because it gets a bit weird ;) Grammar and language is good otherwise I think.

I'm prepared to rate this 3 dildos out of 5 right off the bat, but if you can make the models come alive a bit more, this could easily be a 4.5!
Thanks a lot for the detailed feedback :)

Now, the main thing (which I kinda forgot to mention in the first post but then I wanted to avoid it being a huge wall of text explaining my epic philosophy behind this dialogue :P ) is that I did not want to dialogue to be too complicated. Generally I've noticed a tendency that most dialogues are either very simple and basic like the default dialogue with little to no triggers and such, or very ambitious and complex, and these also tend to go for a linear story kind of approach.

I wanted to do something in between - a dialogue which you can still just launch whenever you like using almost any character, which does have its own theme but besides that remains pretty open. It actually turned out more complex than originally intended, but in terms of complexity I'd like to keep it the way it is - as generally more triggers means also less freedom for the player. This is also why I wanted to have a simplified vanilla version too.

As for your ideas, I considered some of these:
- I did not want a specific ending for the above reasons - I wanted the dialogue to remain more or less open. It would also be difficult to write a specific ending - the point is you can play the dialogue in full and get multiple blowjobs followed by an epic sex marathon, but you can also skip right into a quick fuck or you can be absolutely fucking evil and just get several blowjobs and leave her like that. Each one would require a separate ending and I'm not even sure how to handle that.
- switching back to oral - first of all, I'd have to look into it but it might end up being a nightmare to script due to the way the dialogue is constructed (and I swear I tried to find the simplest way to do it). Also, it would be hard to keep it logical and consistent, or I'd need to split it into at least two versions, one if it's after she had just one-two orgasms and is still in "ahegao" mood, and another if it was more and she's sort of satisfied, so I'd probably need to write an entire third part and split it into 3A and 3B as well... I think you see where this is going :P
- fade to black - hmmm, not sure about that. Do you mean during (as I indeed intentionally set the lines so that she closes the eyes while he's cumming on her face) or afterwards? As for the former it could be done although I've always thought that seeing it is one of the things SDT is famous for :P as for the latter, uh, I guess that's subjective but I generally meant it to avoid her eyes. Not sure.
- anal sex - that's actually one I was wondering about. Would there be more interest in this? It could be interesting and I think not that hard to write.

As for comments, for the exact earlier reasons (to give the dialogue some replay value) I tried my best to avoid repetition and write a variety of lines, but if you find it repetitive I guess I should look into it a bit more as that's definitely important. I think slutty lips are there twice :P and just like a few other phrases, they're in different linetypes so it might happen that it repeats but hopefully not too often. Some lines are meant to be slightly over the top (especially the ahegao part) due to how horny she's supposed to be. But also in some cases I just couldn't think of more that would be decent enough. This is something I can update fairly easily though.

So, thanks again for the feedback. Meanwhile, you got an epic chapter out of "VL's Dialogue Philosophy". :D

Slingerbult

Content Creator

OK, then I understand better what you were going for. I like the idea of an open ended dialogue with a loving wife who'll fuck all night. So if you want to develop it one step further, why not just make it three buttons for oral, vag and anal and the player can switch as he wishes? Then, if you want to make it more complicated, you could try to make her historically aware, so that she'll say different oral lines when she's just sucked, as compared to if you've fucked her vag or anal.

VincentL

Vivacious Visitor

That sounds interesting, but it will also be somewhat difficult to implement. And well, I'd like to keep the structure the way it is, the progression is what I had in mind all along and I really like how the dialogue grows more intense and after a while mellows a little bit ;) But it is an interesting idea and I could consider just making an alternative version.

I already have an idea for a second dialogue though which I might start working on soon, it's very loosely inspired by WW's Slave Trainer (mainly in terms of structure), but centered entirely around pretty much consensual submission. Pretty much your good old "shy girl turns out to have her fantasies" kind of story. I think it should go a lot more smoothly than this one as now I should more or less know what I'm doing. :P

But if anyone has any ideas/suggestions for this dialogue, go ahead, I'd be very interested to hear it.

Ironbrony7

Potential Patron

Played through the whole thing. Nice work. I do like the idea of having options for progression beyond just the "fuck her" button. The only problems I have is that sometimes I'll see a text box on the bottom but no words appear. Also it seems like it doesn't matter at which point in the sex I press the the "Her pleasure" option, it always says the same thing, "She's just had an orgasm or is just starting to have sex." But sometimes the "pleasure" box will also have no words.

EDIT: Oh, also sometimes I'll see the text in the upper right corner of the screen that says loving_wife.txt not found. But the dialogue will stay play. Don't understand that. It's likely something that I have set up wrong though.

VincentL

Vivacious Visitor

As for the first part, that is very weird, I had a bug like that but then I realised it was caused by a really dumb mistake of mine and after I removed that, it seemed to work fine. I'll look into it.

As for the latter, did you put an animtools position for the sex part into the Settings folder and rename it to Loving_Wife.txt? If not, then that's probably the issue. (That trigger has been there for ages and never received that error myself.)

EDIT: Ok, did some testing, and I know where the empty box came from - was frankly fairly stupid of me to overlook that one too, it's fixed now. However, I've tried the button _a lot_ of times and besides that one empty box it always worked as intended and it really should. I can't think of any way it could have displayed her pleasure wrong.

Thanks for the feedback and the information ^^

[Oh, and decided to add "(Full)" to the filename just to make it more obvious it includes the first part too in case anyone got confused :P ]

Blazer

Vivacious Visitor
Re: Loving Wife - complete version (4th Jan - bugfixes)

Is there a position txt file you recommend? Not super familiar with animtools.

VincentL

Vivacious Visitor
Re: Loving Wife - complete version (4th Jan - bugfixes)

My personal favourite for testing was ATV_Missionary_V2table.txt, which should be one of the default positions coming with animtools. But literally _anything_ you like will be fine with the dialogue. (My main problem with animtools sex positions is that many of them are very cool but it's hard to find a background on which it doesn't look like they're floating in the air, which narrows the options down quite a bit)

VincentL

Vivacious Visitor
Is it a bird?
Is it a plane?
Is it an uber laser from space?

HOLY SHIT NO, IT'S AN UPDATE

In the way too long wait for when I'll actually get to write my second dialogue (which I might actually start doing soon as I've been feeling creative again), I did what I've wanted to do for way too long and "upgraded" the Loving Wife dialogue a little.

The update adds:
- lasers from space
- no-gravity sex feature
- she can transform into C3PO
- Twilight references
- unicorns

...on a more boring note [hint: I did not actually add the above], I added quite a few lines, especially under linetypes where I felt it was much needed, as well as modifying a few lines which I felt could have been written better. The update is not massive, but it is significant, and I think it should help a lot in adding variety.

However, request for help:
There is one (harmless but annoying) bug which I can't figure out for the life of me - for some reason these days it happens to me regularly that the "Fuck her" button needs to be pressed at least twice to properly work (the first time usually results in mood change, but not position change). Anyone else experience this? Does anyone smarter have any ideas what could cause it?

Pim_gd

Content Creator
v2.20 reports tons of false positives for your dialogue, will look at getting that fixed.

EDIT:

Alright, it's fixed in v2.21. To remove the remaining errors in your dialogue, please change your initial_settings line to the following:

Code:
initial_settings:{"position":"oral","Pleasure":0,"Orgasms":0}

As for the button taking two hits to take proper effect, I dunno what's causing that.

Thanks.

VincentL

Vivacious Visitor
It does indeed seem to fix the problem (and makes a lot of sense actually...). Thanks!

Reuploaded the fixed version.

EDIT: Uhm, one more bugfix. This one was quite significant.

MAGPIE

Potential Patron
I can't figure out how to go back to the BJ mode after clicking the Fuck her button. How do you go back?

VincentL

Vivacious Visitor
Er, it's not really possible. I intended to make it rather linear as I thought it would be a bit complicated to have a return button that would make sense and be consistent with the "progress" so far.

Now that I think about it, I guess it could be possible to implement so that it makes sense...

MAGPIE

Potential Patron
VincentL said:
Er, it's not really possible. I intended to make it rather linear as I thought it would be a bit complicated to have a return button that would make sense and be consistent with the "progress" so far.

Now that I think about it, I guess it could be possible to implement so that it makes sense...

Ah okay. I just wasn't sure id I was missing something or not so I just wanted to make sure. But I really enjoy this dialogue at any rate xD

VincentL

Vivacious Visitor
Glad to hear that ^^

I'll consider implementing that although I'm not sure yet. The main issue is how to make it consistent with what's happened so far in the dialogue, and in most cases that would mean:
1) writing lots of new lines - that worries me less
2) TONS of new ways for me to screw up and make bugs
...which worries me a lot more :P

VincentL

Vivacious Visitor
OK, this is long overdue, but: second dialogue is underway, and while I'm really happy with how it's turning out, it's an enormous pain in the ass to work on (which is why it's been taking almost a year, besides the fact I also actually do other things than SDT). So in the meantime, Loving Wife got some well-deserved love, and I think the updated dialogue is worthy of calling v2.

New stuff:
- can now return to blowjob after satisfying her (i.e. fucking her long enough). I made completely separate speech and thought lines for that! omg! You can also go back and forth between blowjob and sex at that point whenever you like.
- added her moans to the sex part of the dialogue, because apparently I was living in 2012 and didn't realise this option has existed in DA for ages. I think they're balanced enough to reflect how enthusiastic she is without being over the top - let me know if you disagree. (If something, you can just turn down the volume.)
- LOTS of new lines and updates of old ones. Changed some lines I thought sounded derpy or uninteresting, added variety where I thought it was needed, and as mentioned before, the "post-sex blowjob" part has it own, new lines.

Please report any bugs you may encounter, although I think they should all be gone at this point.

Oh, and the vanilla version is updated too with the new lines added in v2, in case anyone wants it.

LeaValk

Potential Patron
Just wanted to say, this is really hot. I love the variety of lines and moaning, and the fact she sorta keeps track of how many times she's came, and tasting her own juices if you go back to BJ after sex. This really well done. Thank you. :)

VincentL

Vivacious Visitor
^ sorry for the greatest reaction time ever, but thank you :)

Okay, consolation: that probably took less than Duke Nukem Forever. But well, I just lacked motivation at times.

So, from a technical point of view this dialogue is an enormous clusterfuck, but I'm really happy with the result and it's something I've always missed - there are plenty of domination dialogues, but they're most if not all rather rough for my taste. So there you go, a domination/submission dialogue that starts slow and is nice and fluffy. But I like to think it's quite hot and spicy in the end, to say the least.

A bit of credit to WeeWillie: the original idea was to make it "kinda like Slave Trainer just all consensual", with a similar 4-phase structure, but the end result is a bit different.

So, that's it, enjoy, and I really hope I've managed to hunt down every single one of the 4542983028392358 bugs I've encountered along the way. If I haven't, please let me know.

Lizoran

Potential Patron
I really like the concept and execution of the dialogue, though i had a problem where most of the lines didn't play, which was after i collared her and she was able to deepthroat, the button lines still played but everything else just showed up blank.
Sorry to put more work on you, i just hope there's a fix.
I hope you have more ideas like this though, Thanks.

Edit: So i just found a solution myself, all i had to do was enable the borders on the loader settings and now it works fine. Sorry to bother you :oops:

Last edited:

VincentL

Vivacious Visitor
Hmmmm, maybe something derped again... I'll look into it if there isn't some way that could get screwed up I missed. I've encountered a whole bunch of bugs when the dialogue broke and started producing empty bubbles at some point while testing but I thought I had hunted all of them down.

Thanks a lot for the feedback, though :)

NyehKid123

Potential Patron
Does this not work with clothing mods? When I press undress, nothing comes off, rather, it turns the clothing color to black.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.