v1.11.1b problem (1 Viewer)

Arty Morty

Potential Patron
The description says that it is now possible to toggle mod elements, but it seems it is not possible to save those changes correctly in the form of a custom character. For example, I have a mod I don't like, except for (let's say) the collar. I load the mod, remove everything but the collar, make my character around it and save. However, the game won't let me load that character, the file-paths are all screwed up. If anyone understands what I'm talking about, please help. Maybe the new version needs some tweaking, or maybe I'm doing something wrong. I'm talking about chopping up one mod only, not combining different mods, but if that would be possible, so much the better.

In addition to this, I haven't figured out a way to import some types of mods into the game, not into the loader. For example, there is a mod that does something, let's say, to the arm and it is called SomethingArm. Is there a way to import it into the game itself and use it to create a custom character, avoiding the loader completely?

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
Arty Morty said:
The description says that it is now possible to toggle mod elements, but it seems it is not possible to save those changes correctly in the form of a custom character. For example, I have a mod I don't like, except for (let's say) the collar. I load the mod, remove everything but the collar, make my character around it and save. However, the game won't let me load that character, the file-paths are all screwed up. If anyone understands what I'm talking about, please help. Maybe the new version needs some tweaking, or maybe I'm doing something wrong. I'm talking about chopping up one mod only, not combining different mods, but if that would be possible, so much the better.

In addition to this, I haven't figured out a way to import some types of mods into the game, not into the loader. For example, there is a mod that does something, let's say, to the arm and it is called SomethingArm. Is there a way to import it into the game itself and use it to create a custom character, avoiding the loader completely?
First, your large font distracts me.

Anyways, your post is very vague and confusing. I have no clue what it is you are doing or trying to do, I can't tell if you are butchering mods in MSpaint or if you are just talking about character code stuff in the game. I need specifics to help you out, otherwise you are talking about vague theory.

Anything that is made for the mod loader only works with the MOD LOADER... real simple to comprehend.

Arty Morty

Potential Patron
First of all, I understand why large fonts bother you. I can assure you, that was quite unintentional. Everything I was trying to do was in the game itself, like the name of the post says. Anyway, thank you for everything. I am looking forward to not hearing from you again.

ModGuy

Content Creator
Arty Morty said:
into the game, not into the loader
Arty Morty said:
avoiding the loader completely?
Arty Morty said:
I am looking forward to not hearing from you again.

These posts annoy me..... so much.
If you bothered to read in to the mods forum you'd find that everything in there requires the loader.
And what is it with people not being able to figure out the loader?
Bros like Faceless and Anon figured it out when there was no tutorial, I'm shocked to see that people are still having trouble.
Your inability to work with things doesn't bother me, it's the lack of appreciation that gets on my nerves.
I don't need you to say nice things or +karma me, I need you to be clear and polite. Can you do that?

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
Arty Morty said:
First of all, I understand why large fonts bother you. I can assure you, that was quite unintentional. Everything I was trying to do was in the game itself, like the name of the post says. Anyway, thank you for everything. I am looking forward to not hearing from you again.
Never said it bothers me or makes me angry, just said it's distracting.

The name of the post doesn't say anything about that.

and my caps rage was to do with people continuously asking if it will work without the mod loader when it's explained thoroughly.

ModGuy said:
Speaking of which, I don't suppose there is a way to give mod loader imports a different file extension. Like... let's say the modders publish the Mod.swf but rename it to Mod.mod. But when you load .mod files with the loader it will read them as .swf files.

ModGuy

Content Creator
Anonymous said:

:D

Anonymous said:
Speaking of which, I don't suppose there is a way to give mod loader imports a different file extension. Like... let's say the modders publish the Mod.swf but rename it to Mod.mod. But when you load .mod files with the loader it will read them as .swf files.

Might work?
Would require a rewrite of a few paths and require modders to reupload all mod stuff.
Or I could make it backwards compatible..... ughhhh.
You and your suggestions.

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
ModGuy said:
Might work?
Would require a rewrite of a few paths and require modders to reupload all mod stuff.
Or I could make it backwards compatible..... ughhhh.
You and your suggestions.
Yeah, personally I'd rather everyone re-upload their stuff with new extensions so that it will just not be a confusing thing. But what's the chances everyone is going to follow that example unless you force them to.

ModGuy

Content Creator
Setting extension to *.mod works.
But.... seeing as how this was already possible by changing Mods.txt to contain lines with that extension I don't think anything will change.

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
ModGuy said:
Setting extension to *.mod works.
But.... seeing as how this was already possible by changing Mods.txt to contain lines with that extension I don't think anything will change.
That's right, forgot about that. Now we just have to convince the modders to take the extra 2 seconds to change the file extension from .swf to .mod or something before they upload their imports (as well as take the time to reupload their previous imports [of which I could do for them if I cared])

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.