Trying to combine something for dialogue. (1 Viewer)

Bobert216

Potential Patron
So I am writing some unique dialogue where I want the girl to scream a few times and then after that amount is met she stops. Now I already know how to do this but I am not sure how to combine it with the ability (Dialogue 01) that only certain dialogue will be used in certain positions.

For example I want it so that if the woman is still able to scream and HIM is about to precum with her vaginally (using Animtool) she will scream something like: "NO! I DON'T WANT TO GET PREGNANT!"

Now there is a way of doing this (as seen in Dialogue 02) but my problem is I am not sure how to combine the two dialogues.

Dialogue 01:
Fleack said:
Bobert216 said:
Thank you. This helps a lot. Now does it matter where I put this in the dialogue or is anywhere fine?

Anywhere's fine. Here's how I'd do it:

vigorous/general:"[scream]"{"style":"thought","check":{"scream":"<3"},"set":{"scream":"+1"}}
vigorous/general:"[accept]"{"style":"thought","check":{"scream":">2"}}

scream:"Stop!"{"style":"thought"}
scream:"Aahhh!"{"style":"thought"}
accept:"Well okay then."{"style":"thought"}
accept:"Nice day we're having."{"style":"thought"}

Make sure you put "scream":0 in the initial variables.

So now I am trying to do this again but I only want it to apply to certain positions.

Dialogue 02:
It should be a simple substitution like so:

general:"[gen*atv_position*]"
gen0:"This is an oral line."
gen3:"This line is for anal only."

Any help with this will be appreciated. ;D

Pim_gd

Content Creator
Code:
pre_cum:"NO! I DON'T WANT TO GET PREGNANT!" {"check":{"atv_position":2, "scream":"<3"}}

Another method would be to use DialogueActions's variable arithmetic module to write a compound if statement with a single result (that is, an if statement that returns true if multiple things are true).

Code:
pre_cum:"[precumscream*( scream < 3 ) && ( atv_position == 2 )*]" {"style":"Him"}
precumscream0:"[pre_cum]" {"style":"Him"}
precumscream1:"[precumscream1*da.canSpeakLineTrigger*]" {"style":"Him"}
precumscream10:"conditions met, but she can't speak due to ingame reasons" {"style":"Him"}
precumscream11:"NO! I DON'T WANT TO GET PREGNANT!"

It's more lines and an extra mod dependency, so I understand if that's not really what you're looking for - I wouldn't recommend this method in this specific case either - but if you need more complex requirements, then you'll quickly require the use of DialogueActions's variable arithmetic.

aztlan

Casual Client
Hmm...

I hadn't seen this before.

da.canSpeakLineTrigger

Is that from a recent DA or has it been in there for a while?

This seems really handy for when I have a string of dialogues where I want Her to say some lines but could use this trigger to work around them if She can't talk.

I wonder what other clever things are in DA that I've missed...

[EDIT] Ah - I see it was added way back in 3.04...

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.