"This file contains a virus or malware" (1 Viewer)

Hank East

Content Creator
So I'm basically 100% sure this is some false positive, but as I tried downloading some mods from the RM today I got this

virus.png

Any idea what's the deal with this?

fleet

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
RM Moderator
Content Creator
I used firefox version 78.0.2 (64 bit) browser to download nitocris.swf to a new folder on my Windows 10 PC. I then scanned the file with Comodo anti-virus. The file came up virus and malware free.

What browser and anti-virus are you using? Is it the browser or anti-virus that is giving you the warning?

Next time PLEASE post links to the resource. It takes me extra time when I have to do a search. :wink:
Very respectfully,
fleet (global moderator)

Hank East

Content Creator
It was the browser, and I'm also using Firefox. I knew the chances of the these files being malicious were basically none (Specially since I had a few of them) but I still found it very odd and wanted to see whats up. Also this was happening with ALL swf type resources, so there wasn't much point in me linking any particular ones.

Antimatter42

Bedroom Philosopher
Content Creator
Designer
Writer
Author
Editor
Weird. I actually downloaded the Gloria mods myself, but nothing came up for me. I was using Chrome, and I have Norton.

Masterdragon

Content Creator
If it helps, this is how I create my files (For refrence, I made the Nitocris and Melody mods in that list in Hank's image) :
I export the swf files directly from Adobe Animate, use the loader template thing (and only added the necessary parts to the settings, so no special code) and load them directly in Resources with no editing or different host.

So I'd assume your scanner would have to see all loader .swf files from "Resources" as malware/virus (unless this isn't the common way to do that anymore). Or me and Samoth are doing something 'wrong' or using an old version of Adobe Animate or something like that. Hard to tell what your scanner doesn't like tbh.

Btw. did that problem only occur recently? K, nvm, you said "today" (3 days ago).
If yes, does your scanner also dislike other things uploaded by me? What about other (older) resources?

Hank East

Content Creator
The false positive warning stopped happening since then. Really donnu what it was all about. Like I said, I was 100% sure there wasn't anything malicious within the files but I thought I'd discuss it regardless. Just some pretty weird stuff I guess :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.