[PC] The Quest of Ki (1 Viewer)

Black Lion

Ryonani Teamster
Don't get me wrong, normally I would (less work for me that way, lol), but the creator of this game does not like his work being messed with at all from what I understand. Finding information and updates on this game is difficult enough without having the creator angry at foreigners. While I'm more than happy to share this with you guys, I want to avoid a scenario where we don't see any more of this game.

I see where you're coming from, but this forum is pretty secure. As long as no one posts your links anywhere else, it should be fine. But I understand that you want to be cautious. I'd rather the creator of this game finish, so we can rip the files then...

C

Callonia

I'm usually terrible at platformers, especially the ones that force me to jump through hoops etc, so, the revised Ki game is like a nightmare come true for me, I can't land through the hole in the air at all in the tutorial. Lol.

M

Mori

I love having to do the tutorial every time I lose all my lives and the lack of checkpoints. That kills the whole game. I wonder who the first person to think of forcing the player to do multiple sections over and over after it's been beaten before, and why it's still being used. It isn't an arcade game...

Ellina

Ryonani Teamster
i tried to remember back to my first prince of persia platformer game
u had to do every level again if u are starting again.
but u still had your checkpoint at every level door.

Stiltzkinator

Potential Patron
I see where you're coming from, but this forum is pretty secure. As long as no one posts your links anywhere else, it should be fine. But I understand that you want to be cautious. I'd rather the creator of this game finish, so we can rip the files then...

It's not that I doubt the forum's security, and I rather doubt the creator would wind up here, but ultimately, if I post the link here, someone is going to see that there's a link, download, and then quite possibly go crazy with it. Not because they have ill intentions, but because download links are like shiny objects, and people are easily distracted by them, myself included. I once put up a link to a game I thought was free when in fact it most certainly wasn't. By making people at least ask nicely, I just want them to see that we can have our cake and eat it too, and if we do it discretely, those who are wary of most of us for being 'foreigners' will continue to make that delicious cake.

Not to go too far off topic here, but I can totally understand the creator being wary of an audience such as us, because as most of us can't read the native language of a project, we don't understand what kinds of conditions that have set for it. I've worked just a bit with people who do doujin games, mainly doing rough translations and whatnot, and I've learned that a little discretion goes a long way. Well, that, and a fair understanding of their language.

Neonie

Ryonani Teamster
It's not that I doubt the forum's security, and I rather doubt the creator would wind up here, but ultimately, if I post the link here, someone is going to see that there's a link, download, and then quite possibly go crazy with it. Not because they have ill intentions, but because download links are like shiny objects, and people are easily distracted by them, myself included. I once put up a link to a game I thought was free when in fact it most certainly wasn't. By making people at least ask nicely, I just want them to see that we can have our cake and eat it too, and if we do it discretely, those who are wary of most of us for being 'foreigners' will continue to make that delicious cake.

Not to go too far off topic here, but I can totally understand the creator being wary of an audience such as us, because as most of us can't read the native language of a project, we don't understand what kinds of conditions that have set for it. I've worked just a bit with people who do doujin games, mainly doing rough translations and whatnot, and I've learned that a little discretion goes a long way. Well, that, and a fair understanding of their language.

Otherwise post it in the lounge area where it's only the more active and longer users of this forum, just say don't share the link anywhere else and hopefully everyone will have the decency to not do it ;)

But yeah if you don't want to, that's fine. Your reasons are good enough :)

Gannes1414

Potential Patron
Pff, well, I guess all this time hanging around here's made me more of a ryona fan than I'd care to admit...I'll pm you stilz.

B

blackcrab

En----------RAGED , such a fate of my.......more patient , more anger , what a FUZZ--STRATED!
But I sense some sight that tell me about love , care and patient from this game creator , maybe.
-main character animation is fine and various , this may start to be a good and objective for game over -ape like this , only lacky thing is the speed of their movement , I guess.
sample is (action1)draw mace = slow
(action2)smash them with mace = quick
but both of action of his animation is goes with same speed , I think it not a good.
but (again) maybe this game creator well known about that and had his plan to make some way or something so I think I may not dare to to tell him another rules or tell him to change it.
got less rage for version 1.02
it not an improved animation as I expected , but it much better. (even you read this message , my opinion can't change you , are you not?)
-take one more year may made this game become far more effective , i thought.

H

hollkyho

Its good game but it needs more work, mainly on gameplay.When its all done it will be a good game ,I am sure of it. :D

Dandy TIger

Potential Patron
Just a couple of tidbits, in the first level after tutorial, the red slime can be avoided entirely by double jumping when you first see it. For some reason on mine, the slime disappeared.
Later, on level 3, when you get to the red slime jumping up and fireballing down until it dies then hopping up onto the platform it's on quickly seems to prevent being caught by it.

Just small information, and likely not useful, but I thought I'd offer it.

Mghost

Potential Patron
Everytime I lose no matter how many doors I've gotten through, I still start back at the very beginning.. Is that a problem for anyone else?

Someone92

Vivacious Visitor
When you lose a life, you start back at square 1 no exceptions. There are no checkpoints or save function. On the bright side, a few new enemies and animations. I'm not sure how far this release goes, I got 4 rooms in before I started to rage.
it has a checkpoint once you get to the slime boss so you can face her several times as long as you still have lives left
10 characters.

N

nganhrist

why i cannot pass the stage 1
i just met some angel and open 2 door, that's all
no thing happen then

D

darklink

WTF man!

somthing just happened that royally pissed me off. I finally get to the slime queen and i get the this program has encountered a problem and has to close. what kina bull crap is that?

amorant501

Ryonani Teamster
Using cheat engine you have to just use the increase and decrease increment option to narrow it down. It took me a few tries, killing myself on purpose to get the address. Just freeze the value, or add numbers to the end of it, (added a 0 to the end and got 99 lives) It seems the creator used a really large value for the lives to make it harder to cheat. It took me like 20 minutes (though I was just playing the game with cheat engine running for the most part), usually its about 20 seconds... Now I will sit here and try and beat this slime girl thing, and rage at how hard it is to find any info on this game. I'd really like to see the end product. The difficulty doesnt bother me, in fact I welcome the challenge, it's just a pain to restart from the tutorial. Though there are 2 extra lives between area 1 and 2, so long as you get both before you die you can just hoard lives and go through without cheating. It checkpoints at the boss

Edited so as not to mislead again. Sorry about that :)

Last edited by a moderator:
S

SirBert

Lol if anyone is still trying to play this game, the Cheat Engine address for your lives is 0071334C. Just freeze the value, or add numbers to the end of it, (added a 0 to the end and got 99 lives) It seems the creator used a really large value for the lives to make it harder to cheat. It took me like 20 minutes, usually its about 20 seconds... Now I will sit here and try and beat this slime girl thing, and rage at this boss and how hard it is to find any info on this game. I'd really like to see the end product. The difficulty doesnt bother me, in fact I welcome the challenge, it's just a pain to restart from the tutorial. Though there are 2 extra lives between area 1 and 2, so long as you get both before you die you can just hoard lives and go through without cheating.

Uhmm... I tried to change the value at the address you posted, but nothing happened. Could you please post also the value corresponding to the address, just to check that it really is the right address.

Edit: nevermind, I found the value myself using the increment and then decrement of the lives... as I thought the address was different on my PC.
I don't know if I will continue, still, its not that the game is hard... it has simply too much lags and hitbox error... and, man, starting EVERYTIME from the first room, really tires me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rakkar

Potential Patron
I'm pretty sure the address is different every time you run the program. Usually closing and reopening a program changes it's addresses in RAM, I'm certain a different install on a different computer would.
CheatEngine is actually pretty easy to use though, just run through their tutorials and you'll get the hang of it.

S

SirBert

No problem at all.
As Rakkar said, it took me a glimpse to the Cheat Engine tutorial to figure out how to single out the address. And with your suggestion of using the bonus lives, it was pretty easy to figure out the quickest way to obtain it (after all, a value that increases two times and then decreases, it is pretty easy to single out).

Still, as I said, even with 99 lives, beginning EVERY time from the first room of the dungeon is pretty frustrating

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.