[PC] The Quest of Ki (1 Viewer)

R

Ralmar

Hnnn. The game runs... kind of, for me. There's a weird glitch, or programming error, or something missing, where it doesn't show any of the animations properly. I'll see 2 different frames of the animation side by side, briefly, then nothing. This repeats until the end, which I can HEAR just fine, but not see. Any suggestions?

vardaeregion

Ryonani Teamster
I'm not sure what this game is called, it's in Japanese so if somebody can translate the title, please let me know :blah:

Code:
http://www1.axfc.net/uploader/S/so/S_64403.rar

Type 'kai' in the first box without the quotes and in the second box, enter the captcha to download the game. It's still unfinished and the game is big because it contains the resources for the next levels. I'm pretty sure it only has the first level.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Quest_of_Ki

If i gather it right from the translation, it's a remake from that game. Though in the original, Ki was able to fly, not just double jump.

Just to warn you this game can be incredibly frustrating gameplay wise and the people on the board I found this game on were complaining it runs very poorly.

To double jump, hold up while jumping again. Right shift is dash. Press F4 to play the game in a window. Once in windowed mode you can change the keys. You have several attacks but you don't seem to need them at all to beat the first level.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Quest_of_Ki

I think this game is a remake from this rather old videogame. Thoug in the original, Ki was able to fly, not just doublejump.

Edit: Sorry, got whacked outta me skull from the pain medicine, forgot to read your starting post completely^^

Last edited by a moderator:

vardaeregion

Ryonani Teamster
Errr, any update on that game? Tried navigating the uploaders site, but got lost completely. Lotsa data there that needs different passwords.

chromo1418

Potential Patron
Hnnn. The game runs... kind of, for me. There's a weird glitch, or programming error, or something missing, where it doesn't show any of the animations properly. I'll see 2 different frames of the animation side by side, briefly, then nothing. This repeats until the end, which I can HEAR just fine, but not see. Any suggestions?

I have the same problem. Someone who has an answer for this?

Nekodorama

Ryonani Teamster
Really great when you give me the money for it, ok.

Someone else an idea, how to solve that problem?

i wasn't joking i tried a lot of things and nothing ever worked. it's the lag that causes it so if you want to get it to work you'll either have to get a new computer or somehow speed it up.

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
I know they're just mediocre graphics consisting of poorly animated sprites, but the inefficiency of the game engines used to make several homebrew games unfortunately means you need a decent computer to run them as intended. A lot of people were complaining about the minimum system requirements for Nightmare Sphere on another message board for example. I'm not sure what the minimum is to run this game or what you'd need to change to get it to run full speed without changing your hardware. I know it's been mentioned several times that you should unplug any joysticks/gamepads before trying to run these kind of games. You might want to give that a try if you have any. If you don't have the money for a better computer, I wouldn't sweat it over this game. I didn't enjoy it much at all (probably from the initial frustration of trying to jump over that first monster) and as far as I know it hasn't been updated since the first release.

Ellina

Ryonani Teamster
lol my pc shouldnt be that old.. can easyly runn mas effect 2 and watch vids at once
but this game is horribly slow -.-
like all in slowmotion
is it possible to speed it up?

----------
somehow it seemed to be faster after pushing + manny times XDDD
so its started to be possible
is there a newer version out?
the sex cuts are funny ^^
like ther one flying fisch which mades u into a strange lame status but doesn't kill u

Last edited by a moderator:

ninjaguy

Potential Patron
i have this problem when its still in winzip file when i click on the exe it keeps saying no files designated. when i unzip it and click on exe the window shows but then i hear the error sound and then the window closes help plz?

Mardion

Potential Patron
i have this problem when its still in winzip file when i click on the exe it keeps saying no files designated. when i unzip it and click on exe the window shows but then i hear the error sound and then the window closes help plz?
Sounds like chromo's problem, which we unfortunately found no solution for. I'd say to try re-downloading the file, but if that doesn't work, I don't have anything to add that chromo didn't try -_-

thedety

Potential Patron
There is some new version of this game?, I have really wanted to keep playing but only one screen is little

noice1

Potential Patron
I see that I have posted here, but I can't for the life of me figure out why I haven't tried it yet. That is changing now.

chromo1418

Potential Patron

What is the screen solution, what you use? I ask, because I needed a minimum screen Solution of 1280x1024. I could only start it, after i had set my settings to this. It could be same problem, that i had.
But the next problem could then your hardware, like it is by me.

Good Luck ninjaguy

Krecik

Potential Patron
Anything new on this game? Or, at least, some advice how to avoid that sphere-like monster from ceiling?

noice1

Potential Patron
Timing? I was able to get past it without dashing, I think. I want to say it's ctrl+direction but my memory might be failing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.