The game won't load static hair (1 Viewer)

stuntcock

Content Creator
I got a new laptop last week and this has been the problem since so, how do I correct it?
"DON'T OPEN LOADER.SWF IN YOUR WEB BROWSER"

Assuming that you're not using a web browser, then please provide some information about the laptop, such as the operating system. Also: Flash Player version? SDT version (or Loader version)? Which actual hairstyle file(s) are you trying to use? How are you trying to use them (manual loading, saved-character charcodes, moreClothing, character folders)? Which error messages or exceptions appear when you attempt to load the hairstyles?

Soccerjam

Potential Patron
It's an ASUS laptop and the hairs are png files. When the normal game loads my saved girls with png hairs, the hairs don't load with the saved girls.

stuntcock

Content Creator
When the normal game loads my saved girls with png hairs, the hairs don't load with the saved girls.
Please be as descriptive as possible so that we can better understand the situation. Step-by-step instructions are ideal. Based on your phrase "normal game", I'm assuming that this is a complaint about the Loader behaving improperly whereas the vanilla SDT game is still working.

Here's how I imagine your scenario (please correct me if I've made any incorrect assumptions):

• several characters were saved using the "Save Character" button
    • this customization and saving work was done during a previous gameplay session
    • this work was done on the new laptop; the characters were not transferred from your old computer
    • you are not using Character Folders
    • the PNG files are stored in a special subfolder of your SDT folder
-----------------------​
  • open SDT.swf in Flash Projector
  • all of your saved characters appear in the roster
  • select one of the saved characters
  • her appearance attributes (eye color, breast size, etc) are loaded
  • her custom PNG hairstyle is loaded
  • you can proceed with normal gameplay
-----------------------​
  • open Loader.swf in Flash Projector
    • I'm assuming the Loader version is at least 5.45, but it would be nice to get an exact number
  • all of your saved characters appear in the roster
  • select one of the saved characters
  • her appearance attributes (eye color, breast size, etc) are loaded
  • her custom PNG hairstyle is not loaded. Please choose one of the following:
    • the girl retains the default (SDChan) hair
    • the girl retains whichever custom hairstyle was previously active
    • the girl becomes bald
    • something else happens (please describe it)
  • you can proceed with normal gameplay
    • aside from the incorrect/missing hairstyle, the game operates normally
    • no error messages or exceptions are shown
-----------------------​

As mentioned above: please confirm that this scenario is correct, or point out any mistakes.

Could you please also load the same character using SDT.swf and Loader.swf, and then use the "Generate" button to create a charcode for each of them? Please copy-paste both charcodes into this thread so that we can check for inconsistencies. Please also provide screenshots of the same character, when she is loaded correctly and incorrectly (so that we can get a look at the improperly-loaded hairstyle).

Soccerjam

Potential Patron
Sorry, I ment the vanilla version so...
Also, please understand I can't tell you the ins and outs of this game. I'm just a gamer, I don't modify.

Last edited:

Sharklasers

Content Creator
Soccerjam, I have two questions that might help you out:

- Are you using a character pack that you downloaded? Like, the League of Legends one from lolhentai.net?

- If not, where did you have the .png files saved to on your old computer? And did you move that folder to your new computer?

Soccerjam

Potential Patron
I got the png hairs from the older konashion website one hair file at a time. They were in the "Downloads" folder of my old(2007) laptop. I moved the png files with a flash drive to my new laptop's "Downloads" folder.

Sharklasers

Content Creator
The game might be trying to read the file paths from your old computer. If you go to your saved characters menu and redo the file paths for the hair pngs from scratch, it'll probably work.

Oh, and if that doesn't work, then I should've asked this sooner - you can load png hairs manually, right? By finding them on your computer with the "load hair" button?

stuntcock

Content Creator
Yes, I already been loading them manually but, the png hairs still won't appear on their heads.
Can you please confirm that you're playing the game via Flash Player Projector, rather than playing in your web browser?

If you're using Google Chrome then there's a known issue; PNG hairstyles may be blocked due to security access rules on your PC.

stuntcock

Content Creator
I play it on Internet Explorer
Please stop doing that.

Use Flash Player projector instead. It's free. It's stable. It's what almost every modder uses, so you can get effective troubleshooting and tech support.

If you insist on using a web browser (which is a BAD IDEA) then please switch to a different one. Firefox works reasonably well for me. Microsoft Edge has poor performance, but it loads SDT imports and mods without complaint. Google Chrome does not support the Loader, so please don't use it.

If you insist on using Internet Explorer then I can't really help you. I've tried to reproduce this problem using IE 11 and it doesn't occur; the hairstyle PNG file appears as expected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.