[TERA] Restore the Bunny Suit Cuffs/Collar/Tail (1 Viewer)

infinity496

Content Creator
Happy holidays everyone!

So I figured out a way to do this without crashing the client every time a person with a Jumpsuit of Death comes near, and I decided to share it with everyone. Instead of crashing, you simply won't see the suit (i.e. their body literally becomes invisible and their head just floats in the air). In my opinion, that's better than actually seeing that ugly thing.

So here it is. Enjoy!
View attachment Restore Bunny Suits.7z
ib0cWxDLdU4shU.jpg iB6ZqKX2n7GRx.jpg iytswBZv18O7m.jpg ibdLUAFu4W9C9Z.jpg

Oh, another thing...
You don't have to replace the existing GPK for the mod to work. Where there are duplicate packages, the engine favors the one whose path comes first pseudo-alphabetically. It's based on the ASCII code of each character (see www.asciitable.com).

For example:
Any GPK in "TERA\Client\S1Game\CookedPC\Art_Data\Packages\CH\My Stuff" (or its subfolders) would be selected over duplicates in "TERA\Client\S1Game\CookedPC\Art_Data\Packages\CH\my Mods" (because "M" (77) comes before "m" (109)). Likewise any folder starting with a plus sign ("+") (or other such character) would be given preference over any vanilla sub folder at that level.

By installing mods this way you:
1) Don't need to make a backup
2) Don't prevent the updater from working
3) Don't need to do anything after an update (unless new objects were added to a modded GPK)

Note:
Umodel works in the opposite way, i.e it selects based on which path comes last. So if you try to view the original GPK from a common base path and see the modded one instead, the mod will not show in game.

Last edited by a moderator:

patches13

Avid Affiliate
Thanks for this and Merry Christmas! Here I thought you had quit the game, glad to see your still playing/moding!

infinity496

Content Creator
Thanks for this and Merry Christmas! Here I thought you had quit the game, glad to see your still playing/moding!

No, I'm still playing and have been. I just stopped modding (publicly) for awhile to focus on leveling my characters.

Did i miss something?
bunny suit was censored or?

Yeah, at least for NA it was. You can read about all the differences here, but here's a picture that illustrates the differences pretty well. (I'd changed the gym suits to look like the normal leotards, in addition to this mod, so you can compare them side-by-side.)
iY46l1eCHyWql.jpg
Note that the castanic in the foreground is missing a collar, cuffs, and (trust me on this) a tail, while the castanic behind her has all that stuff.

R

Raptor091288

Signed up specifically for this. I had tried to mod it on my own, but well... With no access to even a basic hex editor (Yeah, I'm too lazy to even google "hex editor") I didn't exactly have much luck. Did find a few other programs that would let me modify textures in the .gpk files but nothing that would actually let me move files from one .gpk to another and such - For the sole purpose of either adding the jumpsuits to the original .gpk file, or moving the original bunny suits from the old to the new one.

While I'd have preferred keeping the jumpsuits, this is just as good. Not like I'm looking at the jumpsuits to begin with, they're ugly as hell. Besides, disembodied heads and floating weapons are too hilarious to pass up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Naduron

Content Creator
No, I'm still playing and have been. I just stopped modding (publicly) for awhile to focus on leveling my characters.

Yeah, at least for NA it was. You can read about all the differences here, but here's a picture that illustrates the differences pretty well. (I'd changed the gym suits to look like the normal leotards, in addition to this mod, so you can compare them side-by-side.)
View attachment 7493
Note that the castanic in the foreground is missing a collar, cuffs, and (trust me on this) a tail, while the castanic behind her has all that stuff.

Hahaha!! EME sure knows how to fuck up a game xD
I also saw the censoring on Elin, wtf is that xD
Leotards_Direct_Sale.jpg

infinity496

Content Creator
It's not actually censorship this time. Each race (including elin) have a black, red, and leopard leotards, in addition to the full cat suit. The only "censorship" was removing the collars, neckties, and bunny tails. I'm guessing this was done to prevent Playboy from possibly suing EME for copyright infringement. Since these outfits are being sold in the cash shop, "fair use" doesn't apply here.

Deekin

Potential Patron
Oh, another thing...
You don't have to replace the existing GPK for the mod to work. Where there are duplicate packages, the engine favors the one whose path comes first pseudo-alphabetically. It's based on the ASCII code of each character (see www.asciitable.com).

For example:
Any GPK in "TERA\Client\S1Game\CookedPC\Art_Data\Packages\CH\My Stuff" (or its subfolders) would be selected over duplicates in "TERA\Client\S1Game\CookedPC\Art_Data\Packages\CH\my Mods" (because "M" (77) comes before "m" (109)). Likewise any folder starting with a plus sign ("+") (or other such character) would be given preference over any vanilla sub folder at that level.

By installing mods this way you:
1) Don't need to make a backup
2) Don't prevent the updater from working
3) Don't need to do anything after an update (unless new objects were added to a modded GPK)

If I understood this right, does this mean I could just throw applicable mods into a "TERA\Client\S1Game\CookedPC\Art_Data\Packages\+CH" folder and they'll just work without me having to replace files?

X

xybedout

If I understood this right, does this mean I could just throw applicable mods into a "TERA\Client\S1Game\CookedPC\Art_Data\Packages\+CH" folder and they'll just work without me having to replace files?

I don't understand either.
I've tried, \+CH and \CH\+PC for my modded gpk files but they don't get loaded.

JamesX

Potential Patron
Thanks for this Mod :) and "_[name]" folder worked for me. For some odd reason, if the Folder started with Numbers or Letters it didn't work. I started with "0MyMod" and didn't work, and "AMyMod" didn't work either. Guess it had to be a symbol.

kibaistheman

Potential Patron
Can someone make a swap of the cat suit with black magic suit? Or point me in the direction if it has been done. Or tell me how i would go about doing it myself.

K

kalorki

I believe the happycloud version inverts the search order for some reason, so lowercase is found first.

miguel.hernandez.gallego

Potential Patron
at 8 march 2014 it doesn't work :/, i changed the Lady in red colour for Black Magic from your mod and it works, but.. can't see any cuff or tail or anything at wrists, any idea?

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.