TERA Nudemod (1 Viewer)

Kasihel

Potential Patron
Still looking for the castanic bikini :/
There's nothing under the castanic bikini. As for finding it, it is 512x512 res for some reason with 341KB size. Still only shows at Texture Resolution 1 though. Most you'd be able to do is retexture it.
alphacastanicbikini.jpg

Is it possible to find the higher res textures with uMod?

trumpdog

Vivacious Visitor
figures, find a way to repack a gpk but cant do anything with it because of the texture2d format on the textures lol.Ive been searching everywhere trying to find away to convert it to some sort of image file for photoshope and then convert it back. NO luck
at all.

DiscoD

Potential Patron
Hey its great to see the return of GameVixenzone .. When the original site when down, it darn near broke my heart! I am fairly experienced with TexMod and am very persistent at tracking down textures. I'm willing to give Tera a shot, using UMod.

I have Umod and the D3DX9_43.dll (that you have to download separately) and can launch UMod successfully. Confusingly, the instructions say there are 3 ways of getting Umod to intercept textures in your game. It says I can either run the game through UMod, run Umod first and then the game, or copy dxd9.dll to the game directory and run the game..

If somebody could be kind and point me in the general direction, it would be much appreciated. Eg, which method do I use and which EXE should I be loading? The only one that seems to be accepted is "Tera-Launcher.exe", or should I be trying to get "TERA.EXE" in there instead by doing some tricky file renaming thing?

Naduron

Content Creator
There's nothing under the castanic bikini. As for finding it, it is 512x512 res for some reason with 341KB size. Still only shows at Texture Resolution 1 though. Most you'd be able to do is retexture it.
View attachment 1236

Is it possible to find the higher res textures with uMod?

lol it seems like the devs was sensitive on the casta biniki ^^
they ignored many polygons on the other races :p

Hey its great to see the return of GameVixenzone .. When the original site when down, it darn near broke my heart! I am fairly experienced with TexMod and am very persistent at tracking down textures. I'm willing to give Tera a shot, using UMod.

I have Umod and the D3DX9_43.dll (that you have to download separately) and can launch UMod successfully. Confusingly, the instructions say there are 3 ways of getting Umod to intercept textures in your game. It says I can either run the game through UMod, run Umod first and then the game, or copy dxd9.dll to the game directory and run the game..

If somebody could be kind and point me in the general direction, it would be much appreciated. Eg, which method do I use and which EXE should I be loading? The only one that seems to be accepted is "Tera-Launcher.exe", or should I be trying to get "TERA.EXE" in there instead by doing some tricky file renaming thing?

1. Click on [Add Game] -> TERA.EXE
2. Turn on [Use Global Hook]
3. Start Game
(More options will pop up now)
4. Click on [Set Save Directory]. All Cached .DDS from the game will be saved in this folder.

Now you are done setting up the Umod.

Click on [Save All Textures]. All textures that you are rendering on the screen will now be download to your "Save Directory"
The other option [Save Single Textures] is useless and you should use the other option instead.
Warning: You can't load a mod while you have any of the [Save All Textures] or [Save Single Textures] on.
You must turn them off before loading a mod or nothing will happend.

It can take many hours for the Umod to download all the textures.
I have had it on for 2 days now and i still only have 25k files in the folder.

You must have the correct Texture Resulotion when you are mod'ing or you won't see anything.
Most of the current cached .DDS that i have got are either for Texture Resulotion 0 or 1.

Dimenions: 256-512 (Texture Resulotion 1)
Dimenions: 128-256 (Texture Resulotion 0)

Casta, Human, Elf has 512 while Elin's are 256

I still haven't found out how to cach the HQ texture :/

btw i can't make mods for aman, human and high elf plate and cloth cause i don't have those chars :)

Last edited by a moderator:

patches13

Avid Affiliate
omg
yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes

You all rock!

Wenrick

Potential Patron
Okay, I've found the textures I want, now I'm having a hard time figuring out how to get uMod to use the edited textures. The open texture/package function wants a *_HASH.dds file, but renaming my file to that isn't working either.

I've been using DXT-3 (explicit alpha) for encoding the modified .dds, but I wonder if that's the problem in the first place.

Any help is appreciated.

sprinkles

Potential Patron
TERA_ScreenShot_20120619_054702.png
Awesome amazing job. btw you should add a paypal thing to your site, I'm sure many would be more than willing to send you some money for your efforts in modding this game for us all.

DiscoD

Potential Patron
Thanks for the help Naduron! Saved me a few hours of frustration :) Checking it out now. Was trying to do a texture capture from the character select screen (that's how I've done it in other games) because less textures are loaded in memory at that point. When you enter the game world, however, everybody and the whole game world gets loaded and there's just too many textures to sort out. Unfortunately I got disconnected while I was idling at the character select (lol) so maybe there is a good reason not to try that?

DiscoD

Potential Patron
the one i got from www.[B]dll[/B]-files.com seemed to be legit..

Yeah I know, I always feel dodgy when the site is covered with adverts and you need to use their own "download manager" just to get a file.

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 AM ----------

Locating the captured textures isn't too hard, if you have the patience.
Have not had any luck capturing off the character select screen. bummer.

Some things I find that help (but may be superstition):
1-find a quiet room to log in to (not in the middle of a complex environment with a whole city of players being rendered)
2-begin the Umod capture running
3-put on the armor that you want to capture the texture from
4-have a coffee
5-once you think you have captured a whole stack of textures, intelligently sort them out
ie: I sort the files by file size. I copy all files from 80k-1mb to another directory. Typically I find the body armor textures are around 200k - 600k ish, but dont take my word on it yet. There may be higher resolution sets etc..
- This eliminates about a billion little textures (like keys, buttons, skill squares, text) and makes your job easier. The giant textures (9mb+) I have no idea what they do, and I cant open them anyway. I sort these by date created, so that I can periodically check on the most recent ones. With a good .DDs viewer you can quickly key through them all and find your armor fairly fast. But Im guessing luck plays a bit of a role in this.

When editing/saving the file, I have had luck with DTX3/Generate MIPmaps.. Seems to retain the original file size, and works when I load it in-game too. I've been using GimpShop with .DDS plugin for editing. I simply "erase to transparency" - basically just disappearing the armor texture.

So far, yes I have had success removing armor. However with leather armor, because of the mesh model, this seems to make some body parts disappear. Castanic right leg, for example. And parts of the mid-section. I'd say this is because there is no body mesh underneath some parts of the armor model. A little bit like the bikini model, which disappointingly seems to have no body mesh underneath to reveal. Perhaps the modelers did this for a better fit, or for efficiency, who knows?

Naduron seem to be having success with some of the armor sets. Castanic heavy, Elin robe..

But so far I've had rotten luck with castanic leather.. Anybody else confirm this?

Naduron

Content Creator
So far, yes I have had success removing armor. However with leather armor, because of the mesh model, this seems to make some body parts disappear. Castanic right leg, for example. And parts of the mid-section. I'd say this is because there is no body mesh underneath some parts of the armor model. A little bit like the bikini model, which disappointingly seems to have no body mesh underneath to reveal. Perhaps the modelers did this for a better fit, or for efficiency, who knows?

Naduron seem to be having success with some of the armor sets. Castanic heavy, Elin robe..

But so far I've had rotten luck with castanic leather.. Anybody else confirm this?

All games has this, the devs removes the polygons under the armor, that you can't see to increase the performance.

Wenrick

Potential Patron
I'm still not able to get uMod to change anything in game. I'm saving the .dds as DXT-3 but when I click update in uMod, nothing changes.

View attachment 1630

This is the modified file, yet I see no changes in the game. I have a hundred ideas on ways to modify this game, but I'm sincerely stuck without some serious help.

Kasihel

Potential Patron
I'm still not able to get uMod to change anything in game. I'm saving the .dds as DXT-3 but when I click update in uMod, nothing changes.

View attachment 1630

This is the modified file, yet I see no changes in the game. I have a hundred ideas on ways to modify this game, but I'm sincerely stuck without some serious help.

Saving the dds files as DXT1 (1 bit alpha) works for me. I haven't tried the other types.
Also try using one of the modded textures Naduron posted in the other thread to see if you are getting them to load correctly.

Wenrick

Potential Patron
Okay, the ones that I downloaded do work, but the ones I make do not. Going to try a different encoding to see if that will fix anything. Starting out with DXT-1.

Edit: Nope. Changing to DXT-1 didn't work. There's something I'm missing, but I can't figure it out. As much as I love what Naduron is doing, I really want to make my own mods. At least I can get other ones to work now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.