Tera - Costume Edits + Misc. Stuff (4 Viewers)

Uiridium_Chimera

Swell Supporter
maybe u can make it transparent? though that may required u to repaint the skirt

TERA doesn't *do* semi-transparency. The only textures in TERA that are transparent require the mesh to be edited, and we cannot do that.

As such, semi-transparent edits are simply not possible. And there's only one armor in the game that I can think of that has any transparency - that frostsilk dress.

I'd assume that what would be required for it to work would be for the vertices on the mesh to be assigned color values. As I (nor anyone else) cannot do that, it's not possible to do semi-transparency.

It's simply "all or nothing" for transparency.

Uiridium_Chimera

Swell Supporter
Ok... damnit. Well, it looks like for once this edit will work for ALL the races, since they all pull from the same textures.

This is both a good and a veryveryvery bad thing. Yes, I only need to make one edit, but it's 100% impossible to line up the skin colors to suit ALL the races at once.

Case in point, it looks alright with the very pale high elf skin:
TERA_ScreenShot_20170310_210925.png
...But not so much on the medium-toned human skin:
TERA_ScreenShot_20170310_211338.png
And while I don't actually have a female castanic to test it on, I don't need to check to be able to say without a doubt that it will look HORRIFIC. =.=

ryuusaru

Potential Patron
oh dam
oh well at least i can use the mod on multiple char XD
mainly elin tho so i dont mind the "slightly" miss match skin tone

Uiridium_Chimera

Swell Supporter
Since I'll be making a female castanic anyways in less than a month when the new class comes out anyways, I figured I might as well create a look I like now and test the armor at the same time. And it looks about as well as you'd expect lol:
TERA_ScreenShot_20170310_214710.png
This also brings up another issue - I have no idea how to make these edits match the player's chosen skin tone. I believe that's what the .mask files are for, but I tried making one and it doesn't seem to have worked...

Since this armor is one of the rare exceptions where it shows ZERO skin on the armor mesh itself (which is why all races can share the same textures) the mask file that it had was basically just a blank placeholder, and I'm concerned that I can't actually do anything with it because it has no alpha mask (I was able to add one, but it doesn't seem to have worked, and I think the game still thinks it doesn't have one). :/

Darc

Potential Patron
Since I'll be making a female castanic anyways in less than a month when the new class comes out anyways, I figured I might as well create a look I like now and test the armor at the same time. And it looks about as well as you'd expect lol:
View attachment 60525
This also brings up another issue - I have no idea how to make these edits match the player's chosen skin tone. I believe that's what the .mask files are for, but I tried making one and it doesn't seem to have worked...

Since this armor is one of the rare exceptions where it shows ZERO skin on the armor mesh itself (which is why all races can share the same textures) the mask file that it had was basically just a blank placeholder, and I'm concerned that I can't actually do anything with it because it has no alpha mask (I was able to add one, but it doesn't seem to have worked, and I think the game still thinks it doesn't have one). :/

Would be best to do it for super pale and normal tan...I ignore the pink or odd skins entirely from what I see most do the same.

The pink looks like high blood presser and they already have a rosatia problem or allergic reaction look as it is....with hands like washerwomen, and feet like they have been running barefoot in knee high snow for hours.

Blood red ears, knees hands and feet, that looks horrible.

The pale looks very pretty but the tan covers the red patches, its a trade off ether way. The red dose not add realism as it was intended but is horribly overdone.

Its my opinion that if not for the overall cute look of the human woman and graceful anime swan look of the high elf females, the original artist should be fired.

Elin should be given some sort of minor cleavage in my view. I get it, there young fae, pooka (fox-fae) like beings, but, being that they are female, something needs to suggest this from an artistic perspective.

I am not playing a reaper without at least, the suggestion of minor fae like cleavage.

Last edited:

Uiridium_Chimera

Swell Supporter
Would be best to do it for super pale and normal tan...I ignore the pink or odd skins entirely from what I see most do the same.

The pink looks like high blood presser and they already have a rosatia problem or allergic reaction look as it is....with hands like washerwomen, and feet like they have been running barefoot in knee high snow for hours.

Blood red ears, knees hands and feet, that looks horrible.

The pale looks very pretty but the tan covers the red patches, its a trade off ether way. The red dose not add realism as it was intended but is horribly overdone.

Its my opinion that if not for the overall cute look of the human woman and graceful anime swan look of the high elf females, the original artist should be fired.

Elin should be given some sort of minor cleavage in my view. I get it, there young fae, pooka (fox-fae) like beings, but, being that they are female, something needs to suggest this from an artistic perspective.

I am not playing a reaper without at least, the suggestion of minor fae like cleavage.

I think part of the problem is that I screwed up the mask file - the skin doesn't look anywhere near as red under normal lighting. That place were I took the screenshot is about as brightly lit is TERA can get. n.nU

---
As for the cleavage: I can't really do that. There is no body underneath the corset, and because it is not flushed with the skin of the neck (like the tights are) I can't really do a "painted on" thing either. :S

I also don't know how to generate normal maps properly for TERA, and they're really not something that can be edited by hand very well (the few times I've tried have been pretty bad). I mention this because the only way I could add even the "fake appearance" of some small cleavage line would be with a normal map edit. :/

I'm not sure I can really do anything that looks even halfway decent with just normal map edits, especially when the breasts aren't able to be exposed (it would be easier to give them the appearance of fake depth if they were fully visible, using specular maps and texture shading).

If you really want boobs on your elin, then your best bet is to get ahold of one of the 2013 or 2014 swimsuits and use the "Size Changer: Chest" item on it.

Darc

Potential Patron
I think part of the problem is that I screwed up the mask file - the skin doesn't look anywhere near as red under normal lighting. That place were I took the screenshot is about as brightly lit is TERA can get. n.nU

---
As for the cleavage: I can't really do that. There is no body underneath the corset, and because it is not flushed with the skin of the neck (like the tights are) I can't really do a "painted on" thing either. :S

I also don't know how to generate normal maps properly for TERA, and they're really not something that can be edited by hand very well (the few times I've tried have been pretty bad). I mention this because the only way I could add even the "fake appearance" of some small cleavage line would be with a normal map edit. :/

I'm not sure I can really do anything that looks even halfway decent with just normal map edits, especially when the breasts aren't able to be exposed (it would be easier to give them the appearance of fake depth if they were fully visible, using specular maps and texture shading).

If you really want boobs on your elin, then your best bet is to get ahold of one of the 2013 or 2014 swimsuits and use the "Size Changer: Chest" item on it.
Its really just about making the race reflect what it was intended to be. right now they look a bit like doll mages, there faces don't look real ether, like the other races.

They look like plastic dolls from the waist up. so yeah creepy doll mages, puppet master looks.
Which would be fine if they were that, but they are not.

Also why do they have 2 sets of ears? The fox ears and human ears. Are the tails and ears fake? Should do away with the human ears if not.

Overall elins are really messed up and need some edits.

I think they should have bodies kind of 50% like everquest 2 fae. They are meant to be Pooka, and elemental like, fae touched...not dolls.

Reapers are spawn like, they are awesome. Worth playing Tera alone for the class. Yet I have no choice in race, they have to be elin...and I am stuck with ''talkin Tina'' from the twilight zone here.

Please at least edit the pink Gothic dress. Also could it be red instead of pink? Or purple or black? Befiting the class please?

Last edited:

ryuusaru

Potential Patron
Its really just about making the race reflect what it was intended to be. right now they look a bit like doll mages, there faces don't look real ether, like the other races.

They look like plastic dolls from the waist up. so yeah creepy doll mages, puppet master looks.
Which would be fine if they were that, but they are not.

Also why do they have 2 sets of ears? The fox ears and human ears. Are the tails and ears fake? Should do away with the human ears if not.

Overall elins are really messed up and need some edits.

I think they should have bodies kind of 50% like everquest 2 fae. They are meant to be Pooka, and elemental like, fae touched...not dolls.

Reapers are spawn like, they are awesome. Worth playing Tera alone for the class. Yet I have no choice in race, they have to be elin...and I am stuck with ''talkin Tina'' from the twilight zone here.

Please at least edit the pink Gothic dress. Also could it be red instead of pink? Or purple or black? Befiting the class please?

If u think that elin look like a doll
Turn off the lighting effect and she look even creepier
as for 4 ears she have, i mean more ears always better right?
as for why she doesnt look realistic, she meant to look like anime char. that why she doesnt look realistic
U can make her face somewhat look realistic if u spend sometimes customizing it. Though her body proportion is complete BS. Her thigh is gigantic and her upper body is complete straight flat with no waist, especially breast (which is a complete non existence body type). it borthering me sometimes since im an artist (i want everything in my eyes look good)

I also wanted to play ninja but forced to play elin to do so, i know how u feel

Darc

Potential Patron
If u think that elin look like a doll
Turn off the lighting effect and she look even creepier
as for 4 ears she have, i mean more ears always better right?
as for why she doesnt look realistic, she meant to look like anime char. that why she doesnt look realistic
U can make her face somewhat look realistic if u spend sometimes customizing it. Though her body proportion is complete BS. Her thigh is gigantic and her upper body is complete straight flat with no waist, especially breast (which is a complete non existence body type). it borthering me sometimes since im an artist (i want everything in my eyes look good)

I love anime but the artist can do better than that. I agree on all points. yet given the way its set up with the upper body if not for the big thighs you could not tell they were even female.

Uiridium_Chimera

Swell Supporter

Yeah... While personally I prefer Elins, I don't like all the gender and race restrictions for classes in TERA.

You could say it's because the devs didn't want to make armor and animation suites for all the race and gender combinations, but as a 3D modeler and animator myself I can tell you that argument is pure bologna. Animations are among the quickest things to make for an experienced (or even an intermediate) animator, and a single artist could pound out all of the animations for all of the races in less than a day.

Yeah armors might take a bit more work, but it still wouldn't take very long to convert them to the other body types...

Uiridium_Chimera

Swell Supporter
Also: I'm not dead guys, nor are any of my projects. I simply felt burnt out and needed to take a break for a couple of days before I did anymore edits.

These edits are very, VERY time consuming and stressful (especially when I can't figure out why the hell something isn't working right...)

I wanna give you some small idea of how difficult and complicated some of the edit I've been doing are. Here's my workflow for my last high elf leather armor edit:

ImbDek1.png

*That's spanning all 3 of my monitors and somehow I'm still out of space...

Darc

Potential Patron
Also: I'm not dead guys, nor are any of my projects. I simply felt burnt out and needed to take a break for a couple of days before I did anymore edits.

These edits are very, VERY time consuming and stressful (especially when I can't figure out why the hell something isn't working right...)

I wanna give you some small idea of how difficult and complicated some of the edit I've been doing are. Here's my workflow for my last high elf leather armor edit:

ImbDek1.png

*That's spanning all 3 of my monitors and somehow I'm still out of space...
I can imagine, its probably about as tough as programing, but your good at what you do, no one takes that for granted.

Last edited:

Uiridium_Chimera

Swell Supporter
Can you make mods for cocktail dress (not moonlight party dress) and castanica tech uniform?

I DID do a quick edit to the Elin cocktail and party dresses already:
https://www.undertow.club/threads/tera-costume-edits-misc-stuff.10103

...However I can tell you now that there isn't much at all that can be done with all of the costumes that use the same "school uniform" model as a base. They are INCREDIBLY well optimized meshes and you can't really remove anything.

The best you could do for them would be a retexture, i.e. changing the colors and stuff (I've found several of those in various places on the internet). But that's it. :[

Last edited:

Uiridium_Chimera

Swell Supporter
@ryuusaru (and everyone else):

I really seem to have burn out of doing these edits for the moment, and I've moved back to doing some of my other non-TERA related projects for the moment. Since this is the case, I will release what I already had done for the Gothic Rapture costume for the time being. I'm not saying I won't do more to it later, but for the moment I'm not interested in making more edits.

*Note that I always do this, and it's no different from the last 5+ times I've posted edits in this thread lol. Just wait - I'm sure I'll do more edits eventually. :P

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Update Changelog:

[03/17/2017]
- Fixed some of the skin glossiness issues on a few armor edits I made, such as Princess Rida's Maid Uniform (PC_Event_02).
- Added edits to several of the other Maid Uniforms for Elins (the ones that used the same model as Princess Rida's), including the dyeable variants. The download for the Maid Uniforms now also includes PC_Event_02a as a result.
- Added edits to Popori_F_R25 & Popori_F_R27 that I made a while ago, but forgot to share.
- Added an edit to the Gothic Rapture armor.
*NOTE: Since for once these textures actually apply to ALL the races at once, this edit will work for female humans, high elves, casticans, and elin. HOWEVER, this means that the skin tones will not line up right for all races. See these posts for more details!

Uiridium_Chimera

Swell Supporter
@Darc:

If you want an outfit with some cleavage, try the ones included in Popori_F_R25 that I just uploaded. For some reason those two armors have some small boobs on em. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.