Tera - Costume Edits + Misc. Stuff (1 Viewer)

Uiridium_Chimera

Swell Supporter
Can u edit the gothic rapture set? :D
that would be great
thanks alot

You're welcome!

And for which race do you want the edits? Each one will be different, and odds are I won't be able to edit each one in the same way depending on how well the devs optimized the armor mesh by chopping up the body underneath it. :/

ryuusaru

Potential Patron
i have it on all my character but im maining ninja right now so probably elin

so can u make it for elin? thnks

Uiridium_Chimera

Swell Supporter
i have it on all my character but im maining ninja right now so probably elin

so can u make it for elin? thnks

I'll look into it. No promises, though, simply because there may not be much I can edit on it. :/

Ok this is gonna be a lot easier than I thought. I can't believe nobody has made an edit for this armor yet - there's so much of the body left to work with!

Here's what I've got so far just from making parts of it invisible:

TERA_ScreenShot_20170309_234108.png

ryuusaru

Potential Patron
oh dam nice work man can't wait for the end result

i honestly searched for so long and cant find a mod for it
all i found were basic armor modded into Gothic rapture

thks alot

Darc

Potential Patron
I wish you could edit some of the cheap fashion coupon stuff for each race like 100/200 coupons, because you don't need to buy it with real money.

That would be mod gold, besides you cant really keep any basic armor look for long so unless you edit it all, like a total race/class armor overhaul, think : ''Uiridium_Chimera's armory mod''....there is no point in doing much more but costumes.

With the fashion stuff at least you can keep the look.

Your the only responses, working, modder/content creator, for this, so it looks like you have a monopoly on this thing.

Last edited:

Uiridium_Chimera

Swell Supporter
...Your the only responses, working, modder/content creator, for this, so it looks like you have a monopoly on this thing.

I think you mean "at this point". There used to be a bustling modding community for TERA... but they've almost all moved on to other games. =.=

And I am limited by what I can actually do to what armors by the amount of the body the devs didn't chop off. If you have a specific request for as low-cost fashion coupon armor for a specific race, gender, and armor type then feel free to ask and I'll take a look at it. It's just that there may or may not be anything I can actually edit about said armor.

---
Also Elins in general are just MUCH easier to work with for several major reasons, such as:
- Their armors are a lot less "skimpy" to start out with (at least compared to female human, castanic, and high elf armors anyways). This generally means that the devs optimized the body under the armor a lot less, since there's not as much exposed skin in various spots.
- Elins mainly use dresses. As a result, the devs had to leave more of the actual body mesh in place since at various angles you'd be able to see invisible spots in their bodies if they tried to cut them up.

Uiridium_Chimera

Swell Supporter
GAH! I FINALLY fixed the "dyeable skin" issue with my edit of Popori_F_L01:

20170310142539_1.jpg 20170310142548_1.jpg
That was REALLY annoying to fix... I hate trying to deal with these dumbass "ctsm" files, since for some reason GIMP cannot read them properly and I have to use this ghetto and ancient copy of Photoshop CS2 that I know NOTHING about how to use properly... Y_Y

Uiridium_Chimera

Swell Supporter
First try at making the pantyhose look like skin:
TERA_ScreenShot_20170310_155917.png
Why does it never work right...
I'm still not sure what causes this shiny desaturated issue. I had the same problem when I made that gunner armor edit.

This is REALLY difficult...

Darc

Potential Patron
I think you mean "at this point". There used to be a bustling modding community for TERA... but they've almost all moved on to other games. =.=

Which is a mistake, because games like black circus or whatever its called may have good graphics but in my view wont last and have very little staying power. What good is a mod for a game if the game play is no fun? It would get old and fast.

That's why people keep returning to games like Tera and other when they break the mods with updates, because its a established game, that will last. Lots of fun content. I always hated that next new thing mentality myself.

Then you get all modders modding for one game and everything else is ignored, for high pop establish games. Its just another way to be trendy.

Not that new games should be neglected but, not all gamers play the newest thing exclusively, just because its...the newest thing.

Uiridium_Chimera

Swell Supporter
Alright I give up. I've been at this for like 3 hours and I STILL JUST CANNOT solve the glossiness issue!

I've run into this same problem every single time I've attempted to paint a skin texture onto a mesh that wasn't originally skin. I'm starting to wonder if the mesh itself has some inherent shininess value attached to the vertex coloring or something else that I cannot actually edit...

I will have to change my intended edit and try to work WITH the glossiness issue, not around it. Maybe some kind of leg garters...

ryuusaru

Potential Patron
i actually prefer to keep the dress and the legging and just remove the underwear or something

For me the charm point of the set are those two

it just my preference tho

You dont have to follow what i want so just ignore it

Uiridium_Chimera

Swell Supporter
i actually prefer to keep the dress and the legging and just remove the underwear or something

For me the charm point of the set are those two

it just my preference tho

I can't remove the underwear since there is no body mesh underneath them. I could try to draw on the appropriate textures in it's place, but I would run into the exact same glossiness issues as before...

Uiridium_Chimera

Swell Supporter
AHHHHHHHHHHHH I figured out the stupid shininess issue!!!

It was being controlled by the alpha mask on the normal map, someplace I WOULD HAVE NEVER THOUGHT TO LOOK...

---
Now I can fix all my edits that had this issue, too! Hurray! =.=

Darc

Potential Patron
AHHHHHHHHHHHH I figured out the stupid shininess issue!!!

It was being controlled by the alpha mask on the normal map, someplace I WOULD HAVE NEVER THOUGHT TO LOOK...

---
Now I can fix all my edits that had this issue, too! Hurray! =.=
Now you can paint in all the blank areas!

Uiridium_Chimera

Swell Supporter
Progress update:
TERA_ScreenShot_20170310_155917.png
The colors are still a bit misaligned and I think I need to put SOME of the shininess back (just a bit).

I'll try to paint on the crotch later, and I'll make a variant that also just cuts off one or two tiers of the dress so that it's more of a skirt (cuz otherwise why bother removing the panties - that dress is so damn long and billowy you'd never see underneath it lol).

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.