Tekken series (1 Viewer)

bryanthunder

Ryonani Teamster
What about that stupid Combot Training thing? I haven't tried it yet, I assumed it was the same as Devil Within or whatever that Campaign Mode was from Tekken 6.

Also the AI isn't cheaty Tecmo level shit is it? I've been too busy experimenting holds and throws on Michelle's gorgeous ass.

The Combot mode is just training mode with some mini-games, and is actually rather humorous. (If you get into the usual Japanese sense of humor of course.) It teaches the basics so newcomers can get an idea of how the game is played. I actually had a lot of fun with that mode; but it's still somewhat forgettable as it's not that long. There are like, five stages separated into three parts each: Part 1, you learn the basic technique. Part 2, you apply the basic technique. Part 3 a "boss battle" where you are tested on the technique.
The AI is... well. It's a mixed bag; I've rarely had problems even with my piss poor skills; but sometimes it feels like the AI flips the fuck out and lands an enormously damaging combo to end a round. Other times it seems to fall for the same old trick of "Dash, kick" and get it's ass handed to it.

onlinehero

Casual Client
Ok but I'll say Poison is a woman. Now have they stop calling Leo a man(when she is not. They are being bigoted to women who cover up)

I was actually just trolling you cos you get so easily mad about this Leo matter :) I know she is a woman
Sorry for annoying! :D

C

capricorn

Ancient Ogre's bearhug move is very disappointing. He just squeezes his opponents lightly twice then toss them aside. Still can't hold a candle to pre-Tekken 6 bearhug animation. :TT TT:

anotherguttersnipe

Ryonani Teamster
Just got my copy today. It's just as well everything else about the game is so solid. Because sweet jesus, the customisation mode is several steps backwards-and then some. I've noticed that several characters share outfits in the store. I can see why this is so, for the sake of having a tag team wear matching outfits. But I hope that I either unlock more of the store through gameplay or there are some additional DLC items. Because most of the stuff currently on offer is well....... kinda bland.

I don't I'll be playing this for ryona purposes for very long. I mean, I liked Julia's outfit to recolour it and change her hair, and naturally I took her in the ring against King(who wouldn't right?). But since we don't have alotta control over the cameras and the like, I suspect that I'll continue to play this....... just to kick ass.

onlinehero

Casual Client
imo the outfits look 5 times better than in tekken 6. there are lots of really hot outfits now, while tekken 6 only had few interesting ones (and many totally lame ones).
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 videos - YouTube

Personally, I really like those Power Rangers outfits xD Hmmm... Pink Ranger vs King could be nice

Last edited by a moderator:

droppingblocks

Potential Patron
Just got my copy today. It's just as well everything else about the game is so solid. Because sweet jesus, the customisation mode is several steps backwards-and then some. I've noticed that several characters share outfits in the store. I can see why this is so, for the sake of having a tag team wear matching outfits. But I hope that I either unlock more of the store through gameplay or there are some additional DLC items. Because most of the stuff currently on offer is well....... kinda bland.

I don't I'll be playing this for ryona purposes for very long. I mean, I liked Julia's outfit to recolour it and change her hair, and naturally I took her in the ring against King(who wouldn't right?). But since we don't have alotta control over the cameras and the like, I suspect that I'll continue to play this....... just to kick ass.
You can unlock new customizations in Ghost Battle. I am not sure what all is hiding, but I received Ling Xiaoyu's school uniform by playing against her in Ghost Battle. How to tell if an opponent has an item? After you win, you get to select from three opponents. The ones that are glowing have an item for that character.

HyperZealot

Ryonani Teamster
Yeah, I'm waiting for a glowing Anna to pop up in Ghost Battle so I can see what her other unlocks are. So far, I'm at 61% on Trophies and having a blast with this game. I'm working my way up to the rank of Tekken Lord offline.

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
WHAT THE HELL???! LMFAO.

Oh my God. That's fucking incredible, how do I do that??

edit: Huh. You do that to Christie enough, and you're re-enacting Christie's Close Call. lol.

stranger

Potential Patron
Is there a way to battle a costumized CPU?
The only way to choose an enemy seems to be in training and there you can just select the standard outfits for the CPU, thats lame. >:-(

NNin

Ryonani Teamster
Ninja Gaiden 3, Bayonetta 2, Monster Hunter 3 and now TTT2.
Looks like Nintendo's Wii U is trying to dominate a game society now.

onlinehero

Casual Client
Bah! I'm really thinking of returning TT2 back to shop when I receive it. Only interesting thing in the game is tag throws (and I don't even know yet if they are any good at all). No slow motion replays is so dissapointing! :(
Maybe I pick this again once I get it for bargain price...

HyperZealot

Ryonani Teamster
So I got the Platinum Trophy tonight shortly after getting home from work. Reaching the rank of Tekken Lord offline is really easy if you spam big time (I used Yoshimitsu) and reaching 1st dan online can be done even while losing.

As for some stuff I've unlocked, Nina can get her Death by Degrees outfit. I unlocked the bottoms for it by defeating a gold highlighted A.I. of her in Ghost Battle. It seems that's really the only way to unlock stuff, because ranking up doesn't help, considering I unlocked nothing but panels and auras by ranking up Yoshimitsu and Hwoarang. Christie has a pretty nice samba outfit that shows some leg that I unlocked, too. You can mix and match the top and bottom of that set with other stuff, too.

All in all, I'm enjoying the game. As far as ryona goes, the lack of replays in Practice and not being able to set the A.I. to use a custom outfit in that mode is a bummer. The only way around the latter issue it to use a second controller and then use that to knock around your custom outfit character you selected on controller 1, but if you don't have an extra controller, you're SOL. You also can't even pause with the second controller during Practice, either.

So yeah, the ryona is a bummer, but the game's great, at least.

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
I must just be easier to please, cause that doesn't bother me much. I like most of the default outfits anyway.

edit: This is the forum's 30,000th post! \o/

monstarkook

Ryonani Teamster
Been playing this game nonstop and have been loving every minute of it. Super polished game and the most fun I've had with a 3D fighter in years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.