SyntaxTerror's Backgrounds (16/9 precum flashing implemented + new ones) (1 Viewer)

What is important for you in the backgrounds you use? (several answers possible)

• See the background changing when zoomed

Votes: 56 23.6%
  • Good proportions and perspective

Votes: 134 56.5%
  • Anime style matching SDT's

Votes: 121 51.1%
  • Style that matches the character used (i.e. Futurama style for Futurama's chars)

Votes: 69 29.1%
  • Realistic style (e.g. a photograph)

Votes: 22 9.3%
  • Be alone in the scene

Votes: 67 28.3%
  • Have other people passing by or watching

Votes: 60 25.3%
  • Be animated

Votes: 63 26.6%
  • I do not care, I just stare at the girl's boobs/hips and the semen on her body

Votes: 22 9.3%

• Total voters

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
I (finally) made my first animated background!

Size is 700x600 px, so zooming is not possible. I had to add a little part in the bottom to get the right size and the image is a little blurred, but the proportions are quite good and the result is not so bad:

Download from the Resource Manager: Immoral Sisters

Last edited:

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
Added four animated backgrounds:

It is quite difficult to make good animated backgrounds from GIFs, because most images of this format have usualy a low definition, and most of the time, making a background needs to zoom in the image.
Also, making some from animated movies can seem easier but it is not: one have to watch all the movie, and finding a scene suitable for a SDT background that can be looped is really unusual.
I will try to make montages with an animated image on a TV or a movie screen, but finding a good base image is quite hard.

Last edited:

Hank East

Content Creator
Nice animated BGs, specially the nurse Nana one. May I ask where you found the footage for it?

I'll also take the opportunity to thank you for pointing me towards your BG tutorial, thanks to it I could improve my BGs and make them 700x825.

Oh also, how's my platform sandal request going? Last I saw of it it wasn't lookin' bad!

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
Nice animated BGs, specially the nurse Nana one. May I ask where you found the footage for it?
It is a 20mn video: Nana's Daily Work (ナナの日常). Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to exist a version without the lighting/blur at the top of the screen, even the original video seems to have this.
I'll also take the opportunity to thank you for pointing me towards your BG tutorial, thanks to it I could improve my BGs and make them 700x825.
You're welcome. I am quite happy with this tool I made that allows to make nice backgrounds quickly.
Oh also, how's my platform sandal request going? Last I saw of it it wasn't lookin' bad!
This work is more complicated than I thought and I really do not like what I am doing with these sandals. Also, I do not want to produce a scruffy thing for my first costume mod... It could be ready in the next days (or weeks), depending on my inclination to finish it.

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
Added a dozen of animated backgrounds:

3d33f6496948598.jpg
9eacdb496948815.jpg
382ecd496948694.jpg

Immoral Sisters 2 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Mizushima Asa . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Kim Possible

3dc12b496949740.jpg
6d3655496949042.jpg

Sam (Totally Spies) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Teen Titans . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Sakura

Bedroom . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Fireplace 1 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Fireplace 2

Hypnotoad 1 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Hypnotoad 2 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . River
I edited some of them, adding parts missing like the two bottom rows of parquet planks on the Immoral Sisters one, the right and bottom sides of the Kim Possible and Sam ones and the right and left sides of the Teen Titans one, and I entirely redrawn some that had characters in the way in them, like both of the Hypnotoad ones.
Other animations could be put on the TV scr-ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!

Last edited:

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
Added eight animated backgrounds:

These backgrounds will be the last ones featuring animating GIF sample images, because it takes too much time to make, upload and possibly optimize them.
Reiko's already have a PNG sample instead of a GIF one because the original sample GIF weights more than 30 Mo (while the SWF is 60 Ko!) and it is not possible to upload it on my image hosting site, nor optimize it online, and I do not bother trying to do it on my computer.

All the animated background I am currently making contain sex scenes. There are two reasons for this: it is really easier to find a suitable image with the right proportions that can be put in a loop with sex scenes than with any other subject, also, people seem to download more this type of content. :rolleyes:

I am currently discovering the process of making animations in Flash and I use already made Flash games or animations to transform them in animated backgrounds for SDT. I mostly use some of the F-Series games for the moment (in these backgrounds there are Mio, Azusa and Reiko), but I hope making some animations all by myself, (even if I am really not gifted to draw the human body with right proportions).

Last edited:

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
Added six static backgrounds (recolored versions of my existing backgrounds, click the thumbnail to open the dowload page on ImageBam.com):
Added also a dozen of animated backgrounds:

Arcade . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Azula vs Katara . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Fireplace

Hitō Nami . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Monique . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Sci-Fi

Television 1 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Television 2 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Television 3

Television 4 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Train 1 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Train 2
[EDIT] I uncensored the Television 2 background. I know that it is possible to find other uncensored videos, but I like this girl, so I took the time to redraw the GIF used.

Last edited:

aztlan

Casual Client
I really appreciate you putting static images up of your animated ones - the trains for example can be made to appear to stop and start by alternating static and animated backgrounds.

Have the TVs with a black screen (i.e. off) as a static image might be handy.

What's the difference between the 1st and 2nd static train images above - they seem identical.

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
the trains for example can be made to appear to stop and start by alternating static and animated backgrounds.
It is not really possible in these cases, because I edited the original image to make new backgrounds (the boy have been removed on the first one). The frames does not exactly match
the static versions.
Have the TVs with a black screen (i.e. off) as a static image might be handy.
They are in my static backgrounds (House, Livingroom). Two of them have been inverted horizontally, because the TV is hidden by the guy in the original version. You can do this with any image editor. [EDIT] I have inverted the static backgrounds, now they match the animated ones.
Arcade, Fireplace 3, Sci-Fi, Mio, Hedyeh, Azusa, Reiko and Hitō Nami backgrounds are also made with some of my static backgrounds (zoomed in a little for Nami). I also have Raven's room if needed, but I try to put my static backgrounds three by three, for layout reasons.
What's the difference between the 1st and 2nd static train images above - they seem identical.
There is no difference (until I corrected my mistake in fact). :tongue:

Last edited:

aztlan

Casual Client
"It is not really possible in these cases, because I edited the original image to make new backgrounds (the boy have been removed on the first one). The frames does not exactly match
the static versions."
That's fine if it's recognizably the same place - loading new backgrounds can be done with a fade to black and looks like a different camera filing the same scene. (Or at least that's how I rationalize it...)

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
"It is not really possible in these cases, because I edited the original image to make new backgrounds (the boy have been removed on the first one). The frames does not exactly match
the static versions."
That's fine if it's recognizably the same place - loading new backgrounds can be done with a fade to black and looks like a different camera filing the same scene. (Or at least that's how I rationalize it...)
Actualy, I am going to put the static backgrounds used on the Resource Manager download page, so it will be easier for people that want to to do like you say, with exactly the right image.
It should be done in the next days.

[EDIT] Done.

Last edited:

ArcheoPtide

Swell Supporter
It's good. Good atmosphere. I take the one with the doggy on the screen, and the one in the empty train with the big wheel in distance view.
Nice inspiration!

astromormy

Content Creator
Could you do a background of Hueco Mundo from Bleach(It's a moonlit desert with dead trees scattered)? I have something like what I want, but it's very grainy. Could you do something better? I'll post a reference image.

fZ4Yafc.png

Also, as an aside, whenever you make more animated backgrounds, do you ever plan to make ones with animations like rain or swimming fish, or what have you

DrZombi

Content Creator
the trains for example can be made to appear to stop and start by alternating static and animated backgrounds.

Such a nice idea ! I love it :smile:
Of course, since you cannot track where you are in the animation of the background, it will always be a little bit clumsy at each stop of the train, but still the idea is here and it can be interesting to have a try at it :)

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
I had made backgrounds long time ago, but I didn't uploaded them... So I took some time to do it, here they are:

Added 15 static backgrounds (click on the example image and download from ImageBam):

Building - Library

House - Bathroom

House - Living room

Vehicule - Ship

Added 21 animated backgrounds (click on the examples for full size animated GIFs and click the links under to download the SWF mods):

Balcony 01 .............................. Balcony 02 .............................. Fuji San

Island 01 .............................. Island 02 .............................. Island 03

Lighthouse .............................. Moon .............................. Moon & Dolphins

Mountains 01 .............................. Mountains 02 .............................. Mountains 03
cf6923520977718.jpg

Hotel Adriano .............................. New York .............................. Temple 01
b22d23520975983.jpg

I-370 .............................. Naka .............................. Tama

Computer 01 .............................. Television 05 .............................. Television 06

The animated background with water have been made using the site watereffect.net that makes animated GIFs with a water reflection from a static image.
The only problem is that the GIFs made are limited in size (300px wide), so the result in not always the best when the image needs to be enlarged (700px wide for SDT backgrounds). But I have found a trick: I use only the water part of the GIF and I put a high resolution image on the top, so the result is quite good.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.