Sword Art Online - SAO (1 Viewer)

HentaiBob

Potential Patron
sclover13 said:
I just watched it as well -- digging the gig. There are only 2 more episodes in this season (I think), so I'm pretty certain that were going to see the majority of the resolution in the 2nd season. I live in Japan so I get to see it air on cable here.

As far as the mod is concerned, I'm an unhealthy perfectionist. I'm still not satisfied with the hairs I've put out, but I'm chalking them up as practice pieces for now. The costume mod I'm putting together is strictly vanilla, so I won't be able to add wings or the sorts. Also, I'm having an intense amount of difficulty getting the shoulder to resolve correctly. It has to do with the way Kona made the arm mesh load; I really wish that I could overwrite certain layer properties. If I could get the loading variables for the different arm positions I could easily program in different animations for each one.

As for right now, not to leave you all in the dark, I'll post some progress screenshots:

sclover13

Content Creator
ReeceMart said:
how do you mod in clothes???
Very tediously... what you see here is the fruit of almost 10 hours of effort. :'(

But, if you're not discouraged by the time it takes, heres a link to the tutorial: http://superdeepthroat.undertow.club/index.php?topic=2906.0

sclover13

Content Creator
Made SOA Asuna's hair. I'm very not happy with the final product, but after many hours of attempting to get it to work right I just give up. I'm releasing it now to prevent any further wasted effort. I might return to it one day, but for now, this is it.... :'(

I am not going to release the PNG static hair. Long hair is terrible static.

Attachments

• screenshot0001.png
    screenshot0001.png
    171.4 KB · Views: 3,191
Asuna - Hair.swf
18.4 KB · Views: 17,561

Sovereign899

Potential Patron
Hey Sclover, thx for making my job a bit easier, I was gonna start modding next week(hopefully) and SAO was gonna be my first anime, thx for Lyfa hair BTW, also if you need references, go to here: http://swordartonline.wikia.com/wiki/Sword_Art_Online_Wiki , it has the costume concept for some of the characters(Lyfa, Kirito, Asuna, Silica and Sakuya are the ones i remember), BTW how hard is it to make a costume? I skimmed through a quick peek of making boots and it looked real easy

ReeceMart

Potential Patron
sclover13 said:
ReeceMart said:
Very tediously... what you see here is the fruit of almost 10 hours of effort. :'(

But, if you're not discouraged by the time it takes, heres a link to the tutorial: http://superdeepthroat.undertow.club/index.php?topic=2906.0

no i mean how do i put it into my modding section of my super deepthroat swf

sclover13

Content Creator
Sovereign899 said:
Hey Sclover, thx for making my job a bit easier, I was gonna start modding next week(hopefully) and SAO was gonna be my first anime, thx for Lyfa hair BTW, also if you need references, go to here: http://swordartonline.wikia.com/wiki/Sword_Art_Online_Wiki , it has the costume concept for some of the characters(Lyfa, Kirito, Asuna, Silica and Sakuya are the ones i remember), BTW how hard is it to make a costume? I skimmed through a quick peek of making boots and it looked real easy
No problem. I'm working towards mass improvements to a few sections I'm interested in here. Although, unfortunately for the SAO sets, this is my learning section. Everyday I'm making great strides in replicating the included-hairs' styles (as I see it, the way all hair should be done).

As far as the costume designing is concerned: its a great new vanilla feature! Very easy to use if you have prior flash experience (even minimal). My only gripe is its limitations. I'm very frustrated with certain design limitations that, as a developer, I think would be easily to remedy.

A full, and very well written, tutorial is available here: http://superdeepthroat.undertow.club/index.php?topic=2906.0
You also find the modding templates there too.

ReeceMart said:
sclover13 said:
ReeceMart said:

no i mean how do i put it into my modding section of my super deepthroat swf
I see. If you're using the same template that I'm using it is extremely easy. Just drag and drop the clothes template from the template folder then rock and roll; optionally, you can use the body template. After the template is in place go into each movie section and edit the relative frame.

If you need the same template as me, I'm using the CS5 version from the link above.

sclover13

Content Creator
ReeceMart said:
I would Like silica, sachi and yui done ... please...

reference for yui

http://images.wikia.com/swordartonline/images/c/c8/C20121002_sao_16_cs1w1_720x539.jpg

dont make her a tiny fairy tho xD
I've put the Leafa (Lyfa) costume on hold while I troubleshoot an issue. In the meantime, it's YUI time!! ;)

Since you requested, I was wondering whether you would prefer Aincrad Yui or Alfheim Yui? As I'll be doing her costume as well.

zzaapp002

Staff
RM Moderator
How about Asuna costumes too? Either Season 1 (Lightning Flash) or Season 2 (Elf in a Cage?). Hmm, Season 1 might be a more interesting design-wise?

Last edited:

sclover13

Content Creator
Leafa Costume update! Still haven't fixed the arm bug... holding final release until I can figure it out.
[attachimg=1]

In other news: Yui has been drawn, animating currently

Attachments

• screenshot0001.png
    screenshot0001.png
    601.3 KB · Views: 13,204

ReeceMart

Potential Patron
uhm i prefer ALO yui, but feel free to do both, also can you put the costume in the swf ? so i dont have to put it into places also ill attempt to open leafa swf with winrar see if that works

ReeceMart

Potential Patron
ReeceMart said:
uhm i prefer ALO yui, but feel free to do both, also can you put the costume in the swf ? so i dont have to put it into places also ill attempt to open leafa swf with winrar see if that works

it didnt work ... how do you get up the files to drag and drop im using the latest downloadable version of super deepthroat

Synonymous

Content Creator
sclover13 said:
ReeceMart said:

Major props to you, I'd never stick around that long for one mod lol

Sovereign899 said:
Adding in the details, shading, and gradients, for up to 20+ separate layers, and having to test and tweak is the boring part that I left out :P
Well, for full mods atleast.

zzaapp002

Staff
RM Moderator
@ ReeceMart -
You may want to make some request threads. And search the Archive too before doing that. This a SAO thread. (Not trying to be harsh just trying to guide you a bit as I was by others here).

@ sclover13 -
That draft looks very promising! Looking forward to the completed work!

sclover13

Content Creator
Synonymous said:
sclover13 said:
ReeceMart said:

Major props to you, I'd never stick around that long for one mod lol

Sovereign899 said:
Adding in the details, shading, and gradients, for up to 20+ separate layers, and having to test and tweak is the boring part that I left out :P
Well, for full mods atleast.

Almost 10 hours is a bit much for a free gig isn't it? I suppose I am including the time it took to not only learn the mod, but also the time to debug some issues.

Speaking of which, you wouldn't know a work-around for getting the upper arm to cover the back-allocated portion of the shoulder? Also, why the hell wouldn't the shoulder be part of the upper arm anyways?

ReeceMart

Potential Patron
sclover13 said:
ReeceMart said:
I would Like silica, sachi and yui done ... please...

reference for yui

http://images.wikia.com/swordartonline/images/c/c8/C20121002_sao_16_cs1w1_720x539.jpg

dont make her a tiny fairy tho xD
I've put the Leafa (Lyfa) costume on hold while I troubleshoot an issue. In the meantime, it's YUI time!! ;)

Since you requested, I was wondering whether you would prefer Aincrad Yui or Alfheim Yui? As I'll be doing her costume as well.

hows Yui doing?

Sovereign899

Potential Patron
I know it's not my place to ask this here but sclover, what the hell is uncomment? I'm not willing to wait 6 more years or so to actually learn it through college(video game animation)

sclover13

Content Creator
Hey Reesespeices... Yui is almost finished. All the lineart is finished and the animation is about 70% done. I'm having difficulty getting the shading correctly on the longer part of the hair. The reason I'm going so slow is that I work a full time job and have been real busy this week. :-[

Sovereign899 said:
I know it's not my place to ask this here but sclover, what the hell is uncomment? I'm not willing to wait 6 more years or so to actually learn it through college(video game animation)

It took me a second to realize what you were talking about... as I didn't know that you were attempting to do this without any foundation to work on. I strongly recommend running through a few flash tutorials before attempting to create dynamic hairs.

In flash's actionscript, as well as all programing languages, there is an ability for the author of the script to leave comments. Pending which script were talking about this is achieved through varying operators. In flash this is simply done by prefacing the comment with "/**" and ending with "*/". To uncomment simply delete those markings. Anything that doesn't have /** (or in grey as default by CS5) in front of it is read by the script as a programmed command.

If you are having trouble viewing the scripts, search for a tutorial on basic actionscripting in google. You'll find instructions much better detailed then I can provide here.

ReeceMart

Potential Patron
sclover13 said:
Hey Reesespeices... Yui is almost finished. All the lineart is finished and the animation is about 70% done. I'm having difficulty getting the shading correctly on the longer part of the hair. The reason I'm going so slow is that I work a full time job and have been real busy this week. :-[

looking forward to seeing her suck some hard dick >:3, hope the tsunami/earthquake didnt hit to hard

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.