Star wars: Rebels - Sabine (1 Viewer)

G

Genzosan

If anyone would like to do skin/body or hair for this character, I would be most grateful :)

SabineWren.png

320px-REB_IA_403_L-2.jpg

ByuU5eCIgAEHEnZ.jpg

I hope these images are any help, cheers and thanks in advance

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
Read the reference shot guide to know what kind of images you have to find for a request.
Nothing can be made with this (or with really much hassle).

zzaapp002

Staff
RM Moderator
Don't forget the armor, eh?

(I think Shade or SCLover13 or Synon did a mando mod a while back?)

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
If this thread is in the Invalid Requests section, there is a reason.
Posting this to try to revive the thread is useless (and explicitely forbiden in the Requesting Rules PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING A REQUEST): what is needed is side view references, in anime style (i.e. with 2-3 hair colours, base, shade and eventually light reflection).

Please read these rules and try to add usable references. Necroing a request without trying to contribute to it efficiently may just upset the modders and artists (I say it also to @KIRA YOSHIKAGE: liking posts like this is only encouraging lazyness from requesters).

Quincy

Potential Patron
TeIdVVV.jpg

giaMSYh.jpg

KuCgnEA.png

14rKNyD.png

CD75A4U.png

kuh12Uy.png

Sorry mate, I'm fairly new here. As a content creator I can understand how that's frustrating. Are these what you're looking for?

Last edited by a moderator:

Quincy

Potential Patron
If this thread is in the Invalid Requests section, there is a reason.
Posting this to try to revive the thread is useless (and explicitely forbiden in the Requesting Rules PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING A REQUEST): what is needed is side view references, in anime style (i.e. with 2-3 hair colours, base, shade and eventually light reflection).

Please read these rules and try to add usable references. Necroing a request without trying to contribute to it efficiently may just upset the modders and artists (I say it also to @KIRA YOSHIKAGE: liking posts like this is only encouraging lazyness from requesters).

Sorry dude I think I've got what you're looking for now. If not let me know I'd love to see this come to life in sdt

stuntcock

Content Creator
As a content creator I can understand how that's frustrating.
If you don't want to frustrate people, then please follow the links that SyntaxTerror SyntaxTerror provided and read the recommended posts.

Are these what you're looking for?
We need illustrations. Not 3-d renders. Not screenshots from a 3-d rendered film.

Look at this or this or this. Note that they're using a simplified art-style with a reduced set of colors and simplified shapes. Light and shadow is presented in the form of hard-edged zones instead of soft gradients or airbrushing. The artist did not draw hundreds of strand-lines onto the hair. The simplified design is amenable to vector drawing, and can potentially be animated.

Find side-view illustrations. Preferably anime style artwork, but a more cartoony/western style should be ok. Rehost the images (please don't attach them). If your images show different colors and hairstyles then be clear about which version you want (e.g. season one or season two coloration, spiky or bob cut). Describe what you expect from the artist (e.g. SWF file, PNG file, charcode, etc).

Quincy

Potential Patron
Ok so I think I'm beginning to understand after reading some of the articles I have this Sabine , but if it's still too detailed let me know and I'll find something easier for you to work with. This was the best drawn out style that shows her body from a side angle. As for the style I was hopeing for a pink and white hair style on a bob cut, however if its easier on you to do the other colours on a spiked then do that.

Last edited:

Legions

Potential Patron
I really want to see this mod happen. I want to create a new thread because this one isn't going anywhere. I understand this website has rules though, so I'm asking for advice before I create a new thread. I can guarantee optimal reference images.

fleet

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
RM Moderator
Content Creator
I really want to see this mod happen. I want to create a new thread because this one isn't going anywhere. I understand this website has rules though, so I'm asking for advice before I create a new thread. I can guarantee optimal reference images.
Thanks for asking for advice.
Please do NOT create a new thread for a mod request when a request thread already exists.
Very respectfully,
fleet (global moderator)

stuntcock

Content Creator
I want to create a new thread because this one isn't going anywhere.
The thread is going nowhere because the reference images are weak. And it's a relatively obscure character, so you're less likely to find an artist who already loves the character and is willing to track down their own references (or draw the hairstyle from scratch).

Threads themselves don't have any special merit. A request isn't guaranteed to succeed even if the request is made by a popular forum member. A request doesn't become "tainted" because it began poorly, and it isn't automatically doomed merely because it's old and the OP has disappeared. Threads can be revived at any time if a fan puts in the necessary effort.

I'm asking for advice before I create a new thread.
I'm advising you not to create a new thread. If you do then I'll just merge it into this one anyways.

I can guarantee optimal reference images.
Please feel free to post them.

Cheesefox

Potential Patron
I too would really love this to happen.

I've managed to find a good profile example of her first, spiky hairstyle that gives a good idea about the shape of the hair, but the art style isn't ideal in that it isn't flat, clean 2D. I've found it hard to find good reference images in 2D styles.

Honestly if it's too much trouble to work with the gradient/colours I'd be content with just a black version of the 2nd hairstyle that she had in one episode if that's all that can be done. I'm desperate for this haha.

uUSiM4w.jpg

QeWTzGG.jpg

ePxTa7o.jpg

The armour would be a dream but that might be asking too much.

Here's a good resolution image of the armor anyway if it's useful:

http://i.imgur.com/8ZEmmeu.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/dG5KzZM.jpg

And just posting the gallery the other guy posted again for visibility:

Sabine

Last edited:

Legions

Potential Patron
Alright consider this a light re-request. I don't know if their are any willing artists left, but we are requesting a SDT mod of Sabine Wren. Reference images are of her are from her season 3 appearance. Many good images have already been uploaded, but here are the best one i could find that would be useful.
301-bts-gallery-reb_ca_1595_6c555fd9.jpeg

The hair second to the left would be the best view to go off of.
301-trivia-gallery-2_ec2b2afb.jpeg

Although they're not perfect any talented artist should be able to fill in any blanks.

On a side note, even though I can't prove it, I have worked with the models before and created small mods. I would attempt this request myself, but i don't think i have the artistic capabilities or enough money to afford the program.

Last edited:

stuntcock

Content Creator
I don't know if their are any willing artists left
Please try not to focus on that. I personally can't draw for shit, and yet I've created a few hair mods through vector tracing. People have created imports for their favorite characters simply by opening a reference image in MSPaint and then cropping out the background. The result is crude but it's better than nothing. If you're willing to put in some effort then you can achieve decent results, even if you have no training or experience in visual art.

This community consists largely of amateurs. We'll often see someone's very first post be something along the lines of: "Hey guys I've been lurking for a few years and I decided to make an attempt at drawing this hairstyle." If you focus on what you want then some novice might rise to the challenge. Focusing on who you want means that people are more likely to disqualify themselves ("I'm not really a talented artist. I'll sit this one out.")

If you'd prefer for your character to be re-created in high fidelity by a skilled artist then you should choose one of them and contact them directly (via PM, or by posting in their thread). Please note that most artists have a lengthy backlog of work, so you may need to wait a few weeks or months before seeing any progress at all. The request board is less personal but it sometimes provides faster results. It's a way of saying "I don't care who creates the mod, so long as it looks like <this reference image>."

enough money to afford the program.
Most of the tools are available for free (Inkscape, Paint.NET, Gimp). The hair template is available on the forum. Various tutorials have been written by SDT artists.

If you're asking for an animated hairstyle then yes -- it requires special tools. But you can use Inkscape to create a vector-based static hairstyle which fits the SDT template. You can hand that off to an animator and it makes their job much simpler. They can import your work into Flash and then add some code to make the various hair strands wiggle around.

Although they're not perfect any talented artist should be able to fill in any blanks.
I don't mean to be rude, but these particular images have already been posted. A few people have reviewed them and decided that they were insufficient (due to low resolution, muddy colors, racism against Mandalorians, or whatever). You're welcome to repost an image if you can find a higher-quality version, but reposting the same image is similar to bumping the thread (which is discouraged).

If you want to proceed with this thread then I would encourage you to find side-view reference images which resemble the anime art-style of SDT. Here's an example. Since this character has exhibited several different colors and styles for her hair, please be clear about which version(s) you're requesting. And if you expect the hairstyle(s) to be animated then you should definitely say so up-front, because that changes the nature of the project.

If you'd prefer to approach artists directly then that's okay. We can update this thread whenever a Sabine mod gets published. Aside from that, please feel free to post other requests for characters or designs which you'd like to see included in SDT. You aren't required to "commit" to a specific request; you're welcome to share as many ideas as you can think of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.