Star Trek Online Nude Mods (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xaos25

Avid Affiliate
Hope everyone had a restful holiday break! I don't suppose anyone had a productive holiday break? Anyone? Bueller?

Daedalus

Content Creator
darth-vader-nooooo.jpg

The ZTS

Content Creator
The problem is that probably the Lighting 1.0 is not gona be supported any longer. They are going to remove the support to Win Xp and Dx9 on 2017, and that was the only reason why we still have Lighting 1.0.

I made an account just so I could write a response to this. I am also providing a TL;DR.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There is NO concrete evidence that Lighting 1.0 will be removed. Tribble unpacks suggest there are NO changes of any kind being made to Lighting 1.0. Best information right now is that SOME OLD OUTFITS WILL STILL GET SWAPPED FOR THE TEXTURES. Compiled mods will need to most likely be recompiled for major game updates, i.e. seasons or subseasons.

Windows XP support IS getting nuked because it's way overdue. DX9 is from the era when cellphones flipped up and texting was an Olympic sport because you had only T9 keyboards on the phone. :wink:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As of right now, through my own surfing using the tools suggested on (some) of the Test builds (and a few I hacked together using some hardware skillz), I have reasonable confidence that Lighting 1.0 is NOT going to be removed from the game core. Multiple builds that I've extracted and diff'd have not suggested any changes to the components that deal with game rendering, save for a hefty Lighting 2.0 update that makes things a wee bit smoother.

HOWEVER, the only thing I've seen where stuff HAS been removed is the ability for the Risa Summer Event's map to have a day-night cycle. Since Lighting 2.0 does more drawing than 1.0's "slap some light on it and we got salsa" logic, that kinda makes sense, as unfortunate as it is. No more midnight rendezvous on Risa. :frown:

Now, there will still be issues. I have reasonable confidence that K-13 has a major lighting issue in one of the rooms where the entire room is gamma'd to all hell. That may not ever get fixed. That however is a small price to pay. Newer outfits most likely will not function well since they will be streamlined for Lighting 2.0. Also, invisible characters on the login screen and the tailor will probably be a permanent thing unless we find out how the outfits are delivered to be rendered. Small price to pay, lot of tailor ducking in the future for now.

I'm going to also attempt something crazy. I have a pre-Season 7 shard of Star Trek Online that I'm going to attempt to get synchronized to Holodeck. The whole thing. GameServer.exe. All 50 gigs of it. Do not ask me how I got it, I will not provide it to you under any circumstance. I'm stunned that I even found how to get it in the first place. It was YEARS ago but it may come in handy. If I can actually accomplish that, we're going to have a LOT more insight into how this works. I make no promises, but it's worth a shot. I already have an OPSEC plan on how to attempt this.

I hope this reassures everyone. I shall stay a silent cartographer and see what all happens with the new content. I love this mod too much as well, makes the grind that much more interesting.

Last edited:

xaos25

Avid Affiliate
ZTS, I have no idea what any of that means, but it sounds reassuring. I've got an unupdated version of the game from about a year ago installed on a Mac if that can be of any help to anyone.

I still have the bust enhancement and jiggle installed and working as Poplan explained, from my limited understanding that at least won't be going away. Keep the faith, my slightly pervy companions.

The ZTS

Content Creator
ZTS, I have no idea what any of that means, but it sounds reassuring. I've got an unupdated version of the game from about a year ago installed on a Mac if that can be of any help to anyone.

Possibly. I don't have the Mac base, but I'm not sure I'll even need it. I've got the game source too.

The most of what you should take from this is that I don't see any evidence of Lighting 1.0 getting chunked out anytime soon. In fact, a suprising lack of evidence, which suggests Lighting 1.0 is not connected to DX9. And if we can get some kind of idea what has changed server-side, we may be able to play a more hardball with the game client.

I still have the bust enhancement and jiggle installed and working as Poplan explained, from my limited understanding that at least won't be going away. Keep the faith, my slightly pervy companions.

My technical understanding is that, with the new changes, and the keeping of Lighting 1.0, the compiled mods will be the only things we REALLY have to work on. That being said, I've seen official confirmation from PWE that Season 12 is happening VERY soon. So there could be interesting things happening.

Last edited:

xaos25

Avid Affiliate
My technical understanding is that, with the new changes, and the keeping of Lighting 1.0, the compiled mods will be the only things we REALLY have to work on. That being said, I've seen official confirmation from PWE that Season 12 is happening VERY soon. So there could be interesting things happening.[/QUOTE]

I believe it rolls out 1.25.17. I think they teased other Season level rollouts for more like 2-4 months, while expansions like Delta Rising were teased for 6 months or more - at least, it was teased without a date for a long time, while this has a date almost from the first mention.
I have been wondering lately how the influx of new console players will change the game, it seemed to have stagnated with established players running new toons instead of new people joining up for a long time prior to the console roll out. Lord knows AoY was only about finding a way to keep established players grinding away on existing content while they figured out a way to lure in new players.

xaos25

Avid Affiliate
And without going into details that might cause undue attention, I think I see what you are saying about the data you acquired to work with. If I understand correctly, you will have an invaluable resource that will allow for much faster work to be done than plinking away with minor tweaks and seeing what happens.

Password42, if you are still monitoring the thread and want to swoop in with some high-level Founder-like advice, we are all ears.

The ZTS

Content Creator
And without going into details that might cause undue attention, I think I see what you are saying about the data you acquired to work with. If I understand correctly, you will have an invaluable resource that will allow for much faster work to be done than plinking away with minor tweaks and seeing what happens.

Password42, if you are still monitoring the thread and want to swoop in with some high-level Founder-like advice, we are all ears.

That's the hope, anyway. Right now I'm sitting on a ENORMOUS 50/50 chance of this working better than expected or massively exploding in my face. If software were physical things, this might be one of my most closely guarded possessions.

Poplan Poplan and R Regardie , if you guys are still alive out there, let us know, Season 12 is coming up fast and we'll have work to do when it hits.

The ZTS

Content Creator
I also have new information, which may be of interest to Poplan Poplan .

I think you mentioned not knowing what the HTEX and MSET files are. I ran them over with a raw binary reader and have new insight.

HTEX = the hex and binary information seems to strongly suggest this is some kind of high-definition WTEX file. The encoding still seems to be different enough, I can't find something that looks like a baseline. It MAY be a .dds file with extra stuff in it.

MSET = this is DEFINITELY an archive. There are 2 files contained in it typically, a .geo2 (most likely containing geometries, so the actual 3D object rendering) and a .lodinfo (probably how to draw the LODs, so like metadata). So it's a safe assumption that this is a model file for the character skeleton. I'm not 100% on that but what I am 100% on is that it's 3D model data of some kind.

Hope that sheds insight.

Last edited:

Regardie

Avid Affiliate
I think it will come back in some form. I have been approaching it in a brute force kind of way and modifyng the civilian simple shirt and I have made some progress in understanding some of the details in a lot of the files but it dropped to the back burner during the holidays.

Season 12 is scheduled for Jan 26 so I don't think I will spend much time on it before then but who knows.

Also, reading through the support forums it seems that Cryptic has broken AMD support for non-modded players too, lots of disappearing characters, only hair and teeth, random stretched items, both character and enviroment, it seems a real mess right now.

I am hopeful that they will fix this in season 12 so it will give us a better baseline.

ZTS - thanks for stopping by with your information. If we could determine how they decode the MSETs and how to re-encode them we could make a lot of progress, like more polygons in the breast and butt area where we need it.

Also, learning how they tie animations to locations could lead to our own animations of a more graphic nature, for our own use of course. :).

Daedalus

Content Creator
ZTS - thanks for stopping by with your information. If we could determine how they decode the MSETs and how to re-encode them we could make a lot of progress, like more polygons in the breast and butt area where we need it.
Yeah, boobs could do with more polygons

Also, learning how they tie animations to locations could lead to our own animations of a more graphic nature, for our own use of course. :).
tumblr_mqc7euG3AA1rucc9wo1_500.gif

Poplan

Content Creator
I'm still alive just haven't made any progress worth noting. Hopefully the issues we're seeing are just bugs in Lighting 2.0 so let's see what the season 12 update brings.

Daedalus

Content Creator
Well, season 12 is live. I'm using hi-res textures, TOS mirror top remover, skirts remover, skirt leg fix and custom bust size (Password's installer) coupled with Regardie's less jiggle mod. And it seems to still be working.

*EDIT* Nope, got a CTD during the new featured episode when I encountered Tzenkethi warships.

Last edited:

xaos25

Avid Affiliate
Well, season 12 is live. I'm using hi-res textures, TOS mirror top remover, skirts remover, skirt leg fix and custom bust size (Password's installer) coupled with Regardie's less jiggle mod. And it seems to still be working.

*EDIT* Nope, got a CTD during the new featured episode when I encountered Tzenkethi warships.

New ships ALWAYS require a patch to the mod. I just installed with your settings (plus no bra mode) and flew around the Delta quadrant with no trouble, but I doubt new ships would have made it out to DQ yet. I hope to have time to try the ground portion later tonight, I will let you know if I hit any crashes.

Regardie

Avid Affiliate
Well, I tried season 12 very quickly but I never left the tailor shop on ESD so bugs and crashes are very possible. It looks like breast size and jiggle are working but probably in need of an update. in the costume editor I have an option for chest bare which is exactly that, but it doesn't carry over into the game. My mods to the simple shirt seem to stick as well, but it doesn't render the way I want yet, just grey top, not replaced texture.

I need to grab the new files and start over as I can't tell what else might be broken. I do know that my HD3000 graphics are going to be a limiting factor on what I can see work.

Param

Potential Patron
Breast jiggle has been CTDing since the Christmas ship came out. It def needs an update.

Thanks for all the hard work you guys are putting into this. It has all gone way beyond my skills, so your effort is greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.