Star Trek Online Nude Mods (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poplan

Content Creator
With Lighting 1.0 they are invisible on the tailor and intro screen to me, but I can see them in game. I use only the safe costumes.

Interesting. Thanks.

Clearly I need to do more research. :)

Updated:

After some testing, I'm seeing the same issue .

I updated the Orion removal mods and they do not work at all with Lighting 2.0 (my character is actually invisible in game), however it works partially with Lighting 1.0 (invisible at character select and probably at tailor).

I suspect the game may be using different texture sets for the new lighting system, I'll need to go through the resource files.

I'm preparing a google sheet document for mod status/testing will share the link when it's ready. (It's also going to document how each mod works.)

Last edited:

juanmanuelt

Swell Supporter
I suspect the game may be using different texture sets for the new lighting system, I'll need to go through the resource files.

I dont think is that, I acually tryed to remove 1 costume only, with out the nude textures, just the removal of 1 costume and the character was still invisible. It is hard to tell what is bugged on this, but there is one important question that may help us: Why the formal costume still works? Why the formal costume does not uses Mset and uses his own .wtex file?

Poplan

Content Creator
Been looking around and yes, it doesn't appear to be using different textures with the new lighting engine, however, mods seem very broken with the new lighting engine and I don't know why yet. I wish I had some progress news but I'm still poking around.

J juanmanuelt , so the formal costume mod works with lighting 2.0? If so it may be a matter of seeing what that one does so differently.

Password42 Password42 , thanks for re-uploading that file that should help.

juanmanuelt

Swell Supporter
J juanmanuelt , so the formal costume mod works with lighting 2.0? If so it may be a matter of seeing what that one does so differently.

Formal cosutume works with L2.0. This one was part of the original mod, in fact, was the only way to make the nude mod work back in the day.

This is what the original nude mod description said:

Description
===========
This mod gets your Star Trek Online characters naked (or as close to naked as can be).
For Federation nudity you will need to purchase the "formal wear" outfit from the in
game store, you should buy it as its not to bad and in its default style makes your
character look like a hooker! :D

Unfortunately the formal wear outfit is a needed requirement since the only way to
remove the characters clothes is to mod a clothing item with transparency textures &
the formal wear clothing is the only clothing for the Federation faction which has
transparency. :(

Xariama

Avid Affiliate
Looks like it's completely broken now, all my characters that use costume combinations that render them nude are instead completely invisible.

Regardie

Avid Affiliate
I don't have formal costume on all my toons. So it'll have to be one of the uniforms. I use Terran TOS Mirror top & skirt on all my toons. Also, having the custom boobs setting would be awesome too, because Regardie's manual compiler doesn't work for me for some reason.

I'm sorry we have not been able to make the custom settings work for you. If you would like to send me the parameters you are looking for in the custom boob setting I can try and make it for you.

I haven't had time to check if the winter event breaks the bits I had done already.

I am trying to get a uniform changed out without breaking the MSET but it has been slow
going.

Poplan : I believe they have optimized the graphics pipeline. The old system relied heavily on breaking the outside MSET and then the underlying geometry would get rendered. Now that underlying geometry has been discarded before the render stage, hence invisible characters.

MSET is another container file for the geometry and lodinfo files. It has a header and then the two files inside. There is an MSET decompiler available that I found at facepunch.com in a dropbox link in the STO ships thread. The tool is obsfusicated so I can't tell what else it might be doing so I haven't spent much time with it.

I made some progress in modifying the simple shirt but I have been unable to successfully swap the nude texture for the shirt texture and have it render correctly.

Last edited:

juanmanuelt

Swell Supporter
I have made some progress, in fact a lot of progress.
I have been able to fix the ripped TOS uniform, Dyson Skirt, Khan costume, Retro Costume and some of the risa costumes too. What I did is pretty simple, just took the formal skirt texture and replace it thouse costumes with the formal skirt one. It only works in thouse costumes beacose they use transparency.

Poplan

Content Creator
R Regardie , interesting that would explain much. The removal/texture mods seem to work if lighting 2.0 is turned off so I think you're probably right on the money. I even tried replacing the F_Belt_Metal_Orion_01 etc msets with the updated ones (they seem to use Geo_Hair_Tight_Partedside_01.Mset just copied over with the new name) but still no cigar.

J juanmanuelt , sounds like you're making good progress too.

I suck :(

Poplan

Content Creator
Looks like it's completely broken now, all my characters that use costume combinations that render them nude are instead completely invisible.

Workaround is to go to Options->Graphics and set "Lighting 2.0" to "off.". (NOTE: The nude mods still don't seem to work on the character select screen and possibly the tailor/character creator).

juanmanuelt

Swell Supporter
The problem is that probably the Lighting 1.0 is not gona be supported any longer. They are going to remove the support to Win Xp and Dx9 on 2017, and that was the only reason why we still have Lighting 1.0.

The funny thing, is that playing with textures with out the Mset gives the mod a lot of possibility's, for example, I just added optional pubic hair that can be added on the tailor, or even change the color.

To make it simple if u guys wants to try it: I just extracted all the game textures. Each costume uses like 5 or 6 wtex files. With Noesis I just search for the files E files, when thouse E files have a black and blue texture inside, they can be remove. Thouse files uses transparency's so they can be removed by just changing thouse textures with the formal skirt one.

But also they can be edited, but that is more complex, when I have more time I will try to explain how.

Poplan

Content Creator
I hope they fix the Lighting 2.0 bugs, there's some missions that have almost no ambient light.

I have all of the current version .hogg files extracted. I've been trying various things to get the mods to work on lighting 2.0 but so far I've come up empty and I feel useless. Fortunately, I'm also stupid and/or stubborn so I keep trying anyway.

J juanmanuelt , sounds promising. I found a MSET decompiler (I'm not sure how well it works or if it's the most recent version) and I have some DDS experience. I'd be happy to test/package/help/etc.

Hopefully we can get this all working again.

(One thing I can do is set up a mirror for all these various tools so we have them, I'll try to get that set up today.) Done!

Last edited:

Poplan

Content Creator
Star Trek Online Toolpack

I've put together a pack that contains all (known) tools for modding Star Trek Online to try to make it easier for folks.

The file is on my GoDaddy host on my domain.

STO Tool Pack
filesize: 36MB, updated: 2016-12-14
MD5 Hash: 30e523270fedc543a7ccaa9fd2233885

All content scanned with Clamwin and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

Included: Noeseis (with WTEX plug-in), Gibbed Tools (binary) with current STO (70.2016113a.20) schema, GIMP DDS Plug-In (GIMP itself is not included), MSET Tool, WTEX2DDS Tool, Password42's tutorial.

Links

Gibbed Cryptic Tools
no longer developed
Homepage: Rick’s Game Stuff

Source: cryptic - Revision 217: /
Download: N/A
Patreon: gibbed is creating Game mods, tools & miscellany | Patreon

Noesis
requires python plug-in for WTEX

Homepage: Rich Whitehouse
Download: Rich Whitehouse

GIMP
Homepage: http://www.gimp.org/

Download: GIMP - Downloads

GIMP DDS Plug-In:
Homepage: GitHub - iaz3/gimp-dds: Automatically exported from code.google.com/p/gimp-dds

Download: Releases · iaz3/gimp-dds · GitHub

WTEX Tools
Star Trek Online Nude Mods

No Known Official Links

MTEX2
WTEX2DDS

Last edited:

juanmanuelt

Swell Supporter
No Known Links
MTEX2
WTEX2DDS

Pasword24 added the Wtextodds link here: Star Trek Online Nude Mods

BTW, with Noesis and WtextoDDS is easy to edit all the Wtex files, even the new ones. U just need to uses Noesis to change the wtex file to DDS, then to go to Wtex you just need any old .hed file, rename it and use wtextodds.

Now, the complicated thing is to know what compresion uses each file, for example the E file uses the first one.

Last edited:

Poplan

Content Creator
I've yet to have any nude mod work with the Lighting 2.0 path - I hope someone's having better luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.