Screenshot Help (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Woodensword
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
W

Woodensword

I want to make thumbnails for my character mods and i really like the ones posted as previews.
Can anyone teach me how to make those screenshots. Invisible man preferred.

stuntcock

Content Creator
I want to make thumbnails for my character mods and i really like the ones posted as previews.
Can anyone teach me how to make those screenshots. Invisible man preferred.
  1. Create a big flat-color file to serve as a "background image."
  2. Setup an animtools position which will move the male character out of frame.
    • Hiding him is possible, but he'll still "participate" in gameplay (i.e. the girl's mouth will wrap around the invisible penis while you're trying to take screenshots).
    • Moving him away seems to be pretty reliable, but the girl's animation behavior is sensitive to guy's position. Moving him very far up or down can be disruptive.
  3. Install animtools if you haven't already done so.
  4. Run Loader.swf.
    • If you're taking screenshots then it may be prudent to setup a special instance of the game (i.e. download sby's Loader Pack and extract it into an empty folder) and disable most of the standard $INIT$ mods.
    • Working in a separate instances will ensure that you have a "clean" environment and that your screenshots don't show any visual changes which are absent from the actual mod files that you're showing off.
    • Disabling most of the $INIT$ stuff will also hasten the startup time of your "screenshots only" SDT instance.
  5. Load the custom background (via Character Folder or Modding menu).
  6. Load the position file (via F2 key or Loader menu).
    • I've attached the file (View attachment hairstyle screenshot.txt) that I normally use when generating hairstyle screenshots. Feel free to modify it (via animtools.swf) in order to show off your own work more effectively.
    • You can pan the camera over and tighten its zoom onto the girl's hips, or feet, or whatever you're modding.
  7. Zoom in or out if necessary.
    • Under normal circumstances, the standard zoom range should suffice.
    • If you need to go beyond the normal range, then you can manually adjust the zoom parameter within your animtools position file. This technique was used for the Queen of Blades Wings screenshots IIRC.
    • In some super-special cases, you may need to employ Loader mods. I wrote a one-off "allow extreme zoom-in" mod in order to create this video, and I might eventually need to use Strand Zoom Fix in order to create screenshots for moreCumSpurts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.