(Q)loading $INIT$ mod settings from character folder (1 Viewer)

Deltavoid

Content Creator
Is it possible to load a separate settings file for a mod that is loaded on startup via a character folder?
My dialogue (link in signature) requires certain settings for BreastExpPlus. For some, this is not much of a problem, but as any creator knows, even the most simple of tasks can be a problem, whether its because people don't read, things are not as clear as you thought, a mistake was made somewhere, etc. I would like to make things easier by creating a settings file for BreastExpPlus for the dialogue that will load upon selecting the dialogue even if BreastExpPlus has been loaded already. Is this possible? Is there a way to load different settings for a mod that has already been loaded?

The Hacker Known As Snow

Admin
Content Creator
I don't think this is possible. Your best option is the create a "pack"; a pre-made installation of the game with all the necessary mods already configured.

Deltavoid

Content Creator
I came to the same conclusion as I tried messing around with. (though for some odd reason sby sby 's monitordialog is able to run multiple instances and they are all persistent. Not sure if its because I am loading it manually.) thanks nameless.

sby

Content Creator
Coder
I came to the same conclusion as I tried messing around with. (though for some odd reason sby sby 's monitordialog is able to run multiple instances and they are all persistent. Not sure if its because I am loading it manually.) thanks nameless.
sometimes i forget to add a check to see if another instance of the mod is loaded

a lot of the time, the settings for the mod are used in calling specific functions for setting up the mod. if you need different settings then turn persist off, so the mod will unload on a character change. then load the mod again with different settings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.