Please! Help! Can't save (1 Viewer)

xJoniKx

Potential Patron
hi all! i download some bundles and if I start playing on the flash standalone player i can not make the game save.
'Saving failed: not enough space alloted to flash'
how fix this??

The Hacker Known As Snow

Admin
Content Creator
Try this: Right click inside the game window > Settings > Click the folder icon > Check allow > If there's a slider slide it up to increase storage space.

sby

Content Creator
Coder
guessing this is what you did?
upload_2018-4-2_21-24-8.png

unusual, as mine even bugs me to increase it if i try to save with very little (i had lowered it to 10):
upload_2018-4-2_21-26-4.png

xJoniKx

Potential Patron
if i launch Loader with IE i accept this error message
SecurityError: Error #2148: SWF file file:///C:/Users/ww/Desktop/SR%20-%20Final/Loader.swf cannot access local resource file:///C:/Users/ww/Desktop/SR%20-%20Final/Shortcuts.txt. Only local-with-filesystem and trusted local SWF files may access local resources.
at flash.net::URLStream/load()
at flash.net::URLLoader/load()
at Loader_fla::MainTimeline/frame1()

SDT.swf working great

The Hacker Known As Snow

Admin
Content Creator
if i launch Loader with IE i accept this error message

Go here to change your global flash settings, click on the globe with the lock icon and then click on the edit locations drop down menu and select add location. then browse for a folder and select your root loader folder. then run the loader in IE

xJoniKx

Potential Patron
Go here to change your global flash settings, click on the globe with the lock icon and then click on the edit locations drop down menu and select add location. then browse for a folder and select your root loader folder. then run the loader in IE
ie don see settings panel... white screen( in opera browser your recomendation don't work((

The Hacker Known As Snow

Admin
Content Creator
Or, don't run the game in a browser, but in Adobe Flash Player.
He was using the flash projector but it wasn't working and the only error message was unhelpful and its not like he can reinstall it so I figured it was a dead and and he needs to try something else.

ie don see settings panel... white screen
Go here with IE to see if flash is even installed for it and if not then install, then run SDT and see if saving works, if it doesn't try my previous suggestion about editing the settings.
i use standalone player, but he not save any dialogues(((
I could be wrong but I don't think advanced dialogues even save through flash, they save to their own txt file. What dialogues are you using?

Wolf357

Avid Affiliate
He was using the flash projector but it wasn't working and the only error message was unhelpful and its not like he can reinstall it so I figured it was a dead and and he needs to try something else.
The way I read it was he was using a browser (Opera), and not a stand-alone.

I've never tried to save a dialog inside SDT; usually save/editin a text-editor, then load into SDT, so can't help on that end.

The Hacker Known As Snow

Admin
Content Creator
The way I read it was he was using a browser (Opera), and not a stand-alone.
Yes he said he also tried Opera, but in the 5th post he was originally using the flash projector in the screenshot.
I've never tried to save a dialog inside SDT; usually save/editin a text-editor, then load into SDT, so can't help on that end.
I think he means advanced dialogues that save your progress

Last edited:

xJoniKx

Potential Patron
Yes he said he also tried Opera, but in the 5th post he was originally using the flash projector in the screenshot.

I think he means advanced dialogues that save your progress
yes! i mean any advanced dialogue that save my progress

The Hacker Known As Snow

Admin
Content Creator
yes! i mean any advanced dialogue that save my progress
Alright then the problem probably isn't flash, can you screen shot the original error that said 'Saving failed: not enough space alloted to flash' and also please link me to the the advanced dialogues that aren't working and hopefully I and others can test them

Deltavoid

Content Creator
4 things come to mind
  1. Are you running the loader included with the bundles?
  2. do you have admin on this pc?
  3. how much internal storage space do you have?
  4. do you or flash player have permission to read and write to the location below:
    • "C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\<FolderName>\localhost\<location of flash exe or swf>"*not sure which as I store both in the same place.
I could be wrong but I don't think advanced dialogues even save through flash, they save to their own txt file. What dialogues are you using?
No, they save using through flash in the .sol file format. This is standard for flash.
The dialogues themselves are .txt, but save data is stored on the drive at the location above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.