Pim_gd's Advanced Dialogue Guide (v1.01 - updated 10 December 2013) (1 Viewer)

aztlan

Casual Client
... about 5 features to get in (penis size, penis color (strapon), him breast size, her penis size and color, him ball size), and I actually wanted to update DialogueChecker too since it's annoying to have an unsupported DA out there.
It would be nice to have the penis color apply to more than just the strap-on penis...

Pim_gd

Content Creator
Alas, penis color is not configurable ingame on anything but the strap-on penis. You'll want to color her skin instead.

Pim_gd

Content Creator

kenshun666

Potential Patron
sorry I'm just now getting into this trying to write my first dialogue.is there a way to have a dialogue load swf files? such as clothes or backgrounds?

stuntcock

Content Creator
sorry I'm just now getting into this trying to write my first dialogue.is there a way to have a dialogue load swf files? such as clothes or backgrounds?
If you're using the DialogueActions created mod by Pim_gd Pim_gd then: yes, there is. I'll answer this question directly, but please remember to read through the available documentation when you have a few minutes of free time. People may become annoyed if you repeatedly ask questions which have already been answered in the readme files. Of course you're welcome to ask for advice or assistance if you have trouble understanding the DA documentation or putting the DA concepts into practice.

The core idea is that you write the desired filename into a specific DA variable, and then you invoke a specific trigger.

Code:
initial_settings:{"da.mod.load":"BlueShirt.swf"}
intro:"I will wear my blue shirt today! [LOAD_MOD]"

There is an important restrictions on the location of the target file: it must be within the most-recently-loaded Character Folder. This usually works OK so long as you place the SWF file in the same location as your Dialogue.txt file. But if the player manually loads a different Character Folder while your dialogue is in-progress then subsequent attempts to use da.mod.load could fail unexpectedly.

Some dialogue writers have chosen to avoid this risk by managing their SWF files via moreClothing. This approach is a bit less flexible (because you must register all of your SWF files in advance, and then distribute an entire "dialogue bundle" to players instead of distributing a single Character Folder which contains only your dialogue stuff) but it's more reliable at runtime and (potentially) much easier to deal with while writing dialogues. Instead of manually loading specific SWF files one-by-one, you can submit a charcode which causes several changes to occur simultaneously.

Code:
initial_settings:{"da.charcode.load":"tops:blueShirt;bottoms:greenPants;hairhsl:-180,1,1,1;"}
intro:"I will wear my blue shirt and green pants and orange hair today! [LOAD_CHARCODE]"

hede

Potential Patron
I've been into dialogue editing in Dynamic girlfriend to my taste and learned a lot from you guys.
I have a quick question cause some of my lines are not triggering although everything looks pretty ok...So,
What is the difference between these two:

line:"[change_pos]this will change position"{"style":"Him"}
line:"this will change position"{"style":Him","next":"change_pos"}
change_pos:"[ARMS_BACK][DROOL]"{"style","Thought"}

what is the difference between [] and "next":?

Rudgar

Content Creator
I've been into dialogue editing in Dynamic girlfriend to my taste and learned a lot from you guys.
I have a quick question cause some of my lines are not triggering although everything looks pretty ok...So,
What is the difference between these two:

line:"[change_pos]this will change position"{"style":"Him"}
line:"this will change position"{"style":Him","next":"change_pos"}
change_pos:"[ARMS_BACK][DROOL]"{"style","Thought"}

what is the difference between [] and "next":?
1. In the end, there is no difference - both should "call"/"trigger"/"jump to" the line type "change_pos"
But with the [ ] you're able to be a bit more sophisticated.
Exaple:
some_line_type_to_branch:"[target_*some_variable > 1*_INSTANT]" {"style":"thought"}
... makes this line to "call"/"trigger"/"jump to" either "target_0_INSTANT" or "target_1_INSTANT", depending on the value of variable "some_variable"

2. Try this:
change_pos:"[ARMS_BACK][DROOL]"{"style":"Thought"}

Respectfully, Rudgar

hede

Potential Patron
1. In the end, there is no difference - both should "call"/"trigger"/"jump to" the line type "change_pos"
But with the [ ] you're able to be a bit more sophisticated.
Exaple:
some_line_type_to_branch:"[target_*some_variable > 1*_INSTANT]" {"style":"thought"}
... makes this line to "call"/"trigger"/"jump to" either "target_0_INSTANT" or "target_1_INSTANT", depending on the value of variable "some_variable"

2. Try this:
change_pos:"[ARMS_BACK][DROOL]"{"style":"Thought"}

Respectfully, Rudgar
Thanks for the help

Further question; are both active when the line starts?

I mean, does "next" wait for the line to finish or is it certain when the line has started?

Rudgar

Content Creator
Thanks for the help
Further question; are both active when the line starts?
I mean, does "next" wait for the line to finish or is it certain when the line has started?
Phew, now you cought me a bit off-guard!:oops:
But let me try an educated guess - to be very sure, you'll probably have to write a little test diablogue.

I know there actually is a kind of priorisation among several "calls" in one line like the following:
line_type_with_more_than_one_call:"[target_fallback][target_conditional_*some_condition_value*]" {"style":"him"}

The rule is: the last legit mentioned trigger will be called. So if "some_condition_value" is e.g. 5 but there is no line type "target_conditional_5" this line will call "target_fallback". (Please correct me if anyone knows it better - I'm far from being absolutely sure) it will call "target_condtional_5" in any case.

Beside this, I'm pretty sure that "next" settings have higher priority than any call trigger before.
Edit: ... and according to Pim_gd Pim_gd 's post below I'm pretty wrong with it.
So the follwing line will call ignore "target_somewhere_else" in any case not caring only about any values or the triggers written before.
linte_type_with_next_setting:"[target_fallback][target_conditional_*some_condition_value*]" {"style":"him", "next":"target_somewhere_else"}

But as mentioned above: you probably have to write a little test dialogue to check my statements. Good luck!

Respectfully, Rudgar

Last edited:

SkyHeart

Casual Client
Noob question, Is there any difference between using [SETVAR_localVar1_*localVar2*] and [SETVARBYNAME_localVar1_localVar2]?

Rudgar

Content Creator
Noob question, Is there any difference between using [SETVAR_localVar1_*localVar2*] and [SETVARBYNAME_localVar1_localVar2]?
"nes" (= n(o)+(y)es )
in the end, the result is identical in both cases.

The first case [SETVAR_localVar1_*localVar2*] is first translated to [SETVAR_localVar1_9] (if localVar2 is set to 9) and then moves this value "9" to localVar1.

In the second case the lovalVar2's value will be moved directly to localVar1 no matter what is.

In the end, localVar1 has the same value as localVar2

HTH

Respectfully, Rudgar

SkyHeart

Casual Client
"nes" (= n(o)+(y)es )
in the end, the result is identical in both cases.

The first case [SETVAR_localVar1_*localVar2*] is first translated to [SETVAR_localVar1_9] (if localVar2 is set to 9) and then moves this value "9" to localVar1.

In the second case the lovalVar2's value will be moved directly to localVar1 no matter what is.

In the end, localVar1 has the same value as localVar2

HTH

Respectfully, Rudgar

Thanks!

Pim_gd

Content Creator
Yes there is a very important difference SkyHeart SkyHeart and Rudgar Rudgar

You see, if localVar2 has a value which contains a ] or a space then the trigger will fail or get cut short. That's why we have SETVARBYNAME. Also for allowing things like [SETVARBYNAME_localVar1_*localVar2*] when you have a variable which contains the name of another variable, but one of the usecases is "safe assignment".

SkyHeart

Casual Client

You see, if localVar2 has a value which contains a ] or a space then the trigger will fail or get cut short. That's why we have SETVARBYNAME. Also for allowing things like [SETVARBYNAME_localVar1_*localVar2*] when you have a variable which contains the name of another variable, but one of the usecases is "safe assignment".
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.
But, aside from that if the trigger [SETVAR_localVar1_*localVar2*] does go through with no problems are there any other reasons to use the other one? (Like slowing down the dialogue or something like that?)

You see, I already used the [SETVAR...] in this way like a 60-70 times and the triggers do their job. I want to know if I should go back and edit them all

Rudgar

Content Creator

Thanks für clarifying - I wasn't aware of that

Respectfully, Rudgar

sby

Content Creator
Coder
Pim_gd Pim_gd
released moremoods mod, and it does some dialog stuff.
here is relevant documentation if you wish to update this help thread:

moremoods

due to breaking the dialogue editor, the mod does not change the vanilla 'currentMood' variable to the new mood types.
so for the vanilla 'mood' in a dialogue, the new moods will be seen as the 'Normal' mood

However, the mod does update a new variable that you may use to check her mood that does include the new moods
the new variable is 'moremoods' and can be used in checks like this:

vigorous:"normal I can't take any more* YOU*!"{"check":{"moremoods":"Normal"}}
vigorous:"happy It's soo rough!"{"check":{"moremoods":"Happy"}}
vigorous:"Angry My throat!"{"check":{"moremoods":"Angry"}}
vigorous:"Ahegao Slow down* YOU*, you might burst."{"check":{"moremoods":"Ahegao"}}
vigorous:"Upset Stop being so rough!"{"check":{"moremoods":"Upset"}}
vigorous:"Worried Wait! Slow down!"{"check":{"moremoods":"Worried"}}
vigorous:"Aggressive Ohh yes I LOVE IT!"{"check":{"moremoods":"Aggressive"}}

added dialog actions to change to the new moods, they are [WORRIED_MOOD],[UPSET_MOOD],[AGGRESSIVE_MOOD]

example lines (my examples are always the best):
intro:"test worried[WORRIED_MOOD]"
intro:"test upset[UPSET_MOOD]"
intro:"test aggressive[AGGRESSIVE_MOOD]"

Deleted member 124113

Potential Patron
Can someone try and explain to me how I can change backgrounds via the dialogue? I have tried what the guides on the forum says, but I just can't seem to figure it out. Hope someone can help me, thanks :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.