Potential Patron
This is what i had in mind, that would merge with the skin color

Attachments

• ref picture 1.png
    ref picture 1.png
    127.5 KB · Views: 186

MrActionhouse

Potential Patron
i dont see how this could be a difficult request, im pretty sure their is a ton of other waifus that could benefit from this tiny change.

If i knew how to do this myself i would have.

Last edited:

stuntcock

Content Creator
If i knew how to do this myself i would have.
The Request Rules post advises you not to use this phrase.

Since you're interested in doing this yourself, here's a perfect opportunity. You'll need to run the following code through the Lightweight Compiler in order to generate a usable Loader mod. Once you've done so, I encourage you to post the file here so that other users can benefit from it.

Code:
package flash
{
   public class t extends flash.display.MovieClip
   {
       public function initl(l) : void
       {
           l.g.her.head.face.nose.visible = false;
           l.unloadMod();
       }
   }
}

oKl8M1b.jpg

MrActionhouse

Potential Patron
Pardon the words iv been choosing, very much appreciate the help.

Trying to figure out how to do this, 20min in and i still have no idea what im doing.

MrActionhouse

Potential Patron
The Request Rules post advises you not to use this phrase.

I guess i should say things the way it was sepose to be asked, clearly you require a big form of respect for this type of work your doing here.

Iv been trying to figure out how to get this code to work, but i realise i have no idea how to do simplest of basics.
dont mean to waste your time, but i would require additional help if it isent too much to ask for.

Thanks in advance.

stuntcock

Content Creator
I guess i should say things the way it was sepose to be asked, clearly you require a big form of respect for this type of work your doing here.
You're not required to show respect. Much of what you'll find here is amateur work, created by people with limited artistic skill. Even the stuff done by talented artists will be undermined by the limitations of the Flash platform. Negative feedback and constructive criticism are welcome.

But the important thing is that this is volunteer work. People want to believe that they're helping others. Therefore you should try to be sincere when you're making a request.

"I'd do it myself if I knew how"
is a troublesome phrase, because it implies that the writer wants to get involved (which is great!):
  • I don't know how to do it. I've tried to learn, but the tutorials didn't provide enough information. With some 1-on-1 guidance I'll be able to complete the project on my own.
  • I don't know how to do it. I'm trying to learn, but the instructions seem to be written for an "intermediate" or "advanced" level reader. I need some more comprehensible advice so that I can get started.
  • I don't know how to do it. All of the tutorials seem to be written in English. I need a tutorial that's written in my native language, or a visual/walkthrough tutorial with minimal text.
  • I don't know how to do it, but I'm very new to the website and I haven't explored everywhere. If someone points me towards appropriate resources and tutorials then I'll learn, and eventually I will complete the project on my own.

When someone wants to contribute, they rarely say "I'd do it myself." That part is implied, so they'll be much more specific. They'll say "I need help with [specific subtask]" or "Could someone please explain what [jargon word] means?" or "this tutorial seems out-of-date and several of the images are missing" or "here's a WIP file which I created; could someone please explain what I've done wrong?"

In practice, "I'd do it myself if I knew how" usually implies laziness or deception:
  • Flash is weird. I don't know how to create a Flash files, and I assume that they're made by weird computer nerds somewhere. I'm a regular person rather than a weird computer nerd, so it's obviously impossible for me to create a mod. If I become a weird nerd then I'll update the thread. In the meantime, one of you weird computer nerds should create this mod.
  • If I knew how to do this then it would be a five-minute task. If I need to learn a bunch of stuff first then it could take much longer. I'm willing to spend five minutes on this task, but I don't want to spend hours learning a bunch of new stuff. Therefore someone else will need to do the work.
  • I might know how to do it, because I'm a clever person and the task isn't hugely difficult. I haven't actually tried to do it yet. I'm just putting out this request in the hope that someone else will do it quickly. If not, then I'll eventually try to do it by myself.
  • I don't know how to do it. I could probably do it if I learned how, but I don't want to spend any time on this. I'd prefer for someone else to do the work for me.
  • I have no intention whatsoever of doing this task. I've included the "do it myself" phrase in the hope that it will make me seem more cooperative, and therefore people will want to help me.

If you don't want to create mods then that's ok! You don't need to pretend that you're an apprentice modder. You don't even need to mention the topic. You can simply post your requirements and then wait for someone else to do the work.

Iv been trying to figure out how to get this code to work
Read the Notes.txt file.

Extract the ZIP file into a temporary folder.
Open the LoaderMod.as file using a simple text editor (such as Notepad).
Copy-paste the code into LoaderMod.as, replacing all of the pre-existing text.
Save the file and close the text editor.
Run Compile.bat.
You should have a new file called Mod.swf.
Test out your Mod.swf file in-game.
Rename your Mod.swf file to something more descriptive (such as NoseRemover.mod).
Share your file with other Undertow users.

tmb

Casual Client
With the code above, the nose won't come back after I hit the "Reset" button, so here's a fixed version.
Code:
package flash
{
   public class t extends flash.display.MovieClip
   {
       public var loader;

public function onUnload()
       {
           this.loader.g.her.head.face.nose.visible = true;
       }

public function initl(l) : void
       {
           this.loader.g.her.head.face.nose.visible = false;
           this.loader.registerUnloadFunction(onUnload);
           this.loader.unloadMod();
       }
   }
}

Attachments

Noseremover.swf
410 bytes · Views: 320

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.