Mortal Kombat 9 Costume Destruction (2 Viewers)

shnapple

Ryonani Teamster
Here's 3 mods that I've been working on for MK9. These work on the latest Steam version of the game, and replace existing costumes. Here's a rundown:

Sonya Alternate: Removed sunglasses, removed hat, removed dog tags, and removed some damage (mostly facial damage). Damage exposes her nipple.

Jade Primary: Removed veil, removed some damage. Damage exposes her nipple.

Kitana Alternate: Removed back cloth, softened some facial features. Damage exposes both nipples.

The damage textures came from an old mod, "Amoral Kombat", created by EddyBoy, which doesn't work with newer patches. Thanks to EddyBoy for the original texture mod! I've also attached some previews of a mod to Kitana's primary that removes her mask and gives her shorter hair, but it is fairly glitchy right now, and still requires a significant amount of work.

To install, find the SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\MortalKombat_KompleteEdition\DiscContentPC\Asset folder, and just drop these files in. Don't forget to backup the original files!

Mod Link

SonyaB.jpg SonyaB DMG.jpg JadeA.jpg JadeA DMG.jpg
KitanaB.jpg KitanaB DMG.jpg KitanaA.jpg KitanaA DMG.jpg

Last edited:

shnapple

Ryonani Teamster
aMoral Combat was mine: aMoral Kombat

Can't believe it's been six years. Thanks for keeping this working still.
Awesome! I was looking in the wrong place. I updated the original post crediting you. Thanks for the inspiration for this. I plan on updating your Jade alternate mod for newer patch versions as well.

I'm also looking into removing Skarelet's veil and adding more exposing battle damage to that model. I made an initial attempt, but really screwed up some of the texture mapping. Swapping out the head mesh is insanely involved and takes quite a bit of time and effort.

I'll look into modifying Sonja's primary outfit. That might require some mesh modifications, which I'm not sure if I'm capable of doing. I'll give it a shot though.

MFS

2D Artist
Coder
Modder
Editor
Hi shnapple, that’s just awesome mod! Can you tell plz how did you remove the damage and some model parts (hat etc.) from Sonya? Where in the xxx. file (after extraction) are they located? I’m willing to do such mod for the PS3 but don’t know everything yet. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

shnapple

Ryonani Teamster
Hi shnapple, that’s just awesome mod! Can you tell plz how did you remove the damage and some model parts (hat etc.) from Sonya? Where in the xxx. file (after extraction) are they located? I’m willing to do such mod for the PS3 but don’t know everything yet. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!
Sorry for the... year late reply? You need to a variety of tools to get this to work. First you need to decompress and export the files in the .xxx character archive. Then you need to import the 3D model into Blender using a special tool. Then you can use blender to edit the character mesh. It is a fairly involved process. All of the tools and guides can be found here:

shnapple

Ryonani Teamster
Hey folks. Been a while. I've been working on a bunch of new MK9 mods and I figured I share them and get them out there. I made a handful of new skins - unmasked Kitana, Mileena faceswap with Kitana, and topless mods for Jade and Mileena. There's also been some edits to the older version of these mods to improve the textures.

On top of all that, I figured out how to make edits to game files using UPK explorer, a new tool that allows you to edit Unreal 3 packages. That said, I created a mod pack that removes the x-ray effect from all x-rays (no meat and bones), and I made some fatality edits to prevent corpses from disappearing. It's also possible to edit the jiggle physics. So yes, that means DOA style physics are possible! Lots of cool stuff you can do with these new tools. Below is a tutorial for how to make edits on your own. Also 3 packages with all of these mods.

Cheers!
Costumes: 109.62 MB file on MEGA
X-rays: 462.04 MB file on MEGA
Fatalities: 29.05 MB file on MEGA
Tutorial: 108.1 KB file on MEGA

Attachments

• Jade B DMG.jpg
    Jade B DMG.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 732
  • Mileena DMG.jpg
    Mileena DMG.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 737
  • Kitana DMG.jpg
    Kitana DMG.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 844
  • Mileena F.jpg
    Mileena F.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 856
  • Kitana.jpg
    Kitana.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 841
  • Jade E.jpg
    Jade E.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 806
  • Mileena E.jpg
    Mileena E.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 788
  • Mileena.jpg
    Mileena.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 720

$metroid$

Potential Patron
Hey folks. Been a while. I've been working on a bunch of new MK9 mods and I figured I share them and get them out there. I made a handful of new skins - unmasked Kitana, Mileena faceswap with Kitana, and topless mods for Jade and Mileena. There's also been some edits to the older version of these mods to improve the textures.

On top of all that, I figured out how to make edits to game files using UPK explorer, a new tool that allows you to edit Unreal 3 packages. That said, I created a mod pack that removes the x-ray effect from all x-rays (no meat and bones), and I made some fatality edits to prevent corpses from disappearing. It's also possible to edit the jiggle physics. So yes, that means DOA style physics are possible! Lots of cool stuff you can do with these new tools. Below is a tutorial for how to make edits on your own. Also 3 packages with all of these mods.

Cheers!
They look beautiful!
Any plans for a full nude version of them?
Thanks a lot for the mods.

GhostHarp

Illustrator

Cheers!
Oh awesome, nicely done! Do you think you could give Mileena her tarkatan features back, or even try like her looks from X on the topless one?

herai

Potential Patron
Amazing works. I believeyou are the very first creator of proper N mods.

I do really wish to see N mods for the others especially sonya blade, but I think you need to rest and turn off many nonsense request that may come to you after this.

Attachments

• Kitanro.gif
    Kitanro.gif
    8.2 MB · Views: 300

MFS

2D Artist
Coder
Modder
Editor
Thank you for the tutorial & all the discoveries shnapple! But what do u mean by "disappearing corpses"? I never noticed any glitches with corpses in fatalities.

shnapple

Ryonani Teamster
They look beautiful!
Any plans for a full nude version of them?
Thanks a lot for the mods.
Yeah, I'd like to eventually make them fully nude, but I'm going to take a break for a bit.

Oh awesome, nicely done! Do you think you could give Mileena her tarkatan features back, or even try like her looks from X on the topless one?
Yeah changing back Mileena's face is doable. The MKX one however would be a lot of work since I would that model, then do a whole bunch of texture edits to make it match the style of MK9. Probably more effort than I care for at the moment.

Thank you for the tutorial & all the discoveries shnapple! But what do u mean by "disappearing corpses"? I never noticed any glitches with corpses in fatalities.
It's not a fix for a glitch necessarily. It was an intentional thing done by the developers for some reason (probably to reduce rendering of objects not on screen). If you use a free camera mod, you will find that the victim will disappear after a few moments. You can edit the fatality files to prevent this from happening. This doesn't always work though, as sometimes things get reset and it looks weird.

Also, I forgot to mention one of my favorite changes to the fatalities I made. Scorpion's alternate:
scorpion fatality.gif

jinjabredman

Potential Patron
Do you have a venmo/paypal I would like to tip you for this mod.
Also how did you view them in the nekropolis? I can only get the primary and alternate costumes to view

shnapple

Ryonani Teamster
Do you have a venmo/paypal I would like to tip you for this mod.
Also how did you view them in the nekropolis? I can only get the primary and alternate costumes to view
Very kind and generous of you but not necessary, friend. :)

Viewing them in the Nekropolis is somewhat tricky. I think that you can only view the primary and alternate outfits there. So to view them, you would need to rename the packages (including files inside the package) to the primary or alt (A or B) and replace the existing character packages. When I developed the mods, I used the alternates as a starting point so I could view them in nekropolis, then I changed them to new DLC characters so they don't overwrite existing costumes.

Tutorial for changing the character package numbers is here:

Alternatively, I can post the files that replace existing costumes if you really want.

gdeathlegion

Potential Patron
Very kind and generous of you but not necessary, friend. :)

Viewing them in the Nekropolis is somewhat tricky. I think that you can only view the primary and alternate outfits there. So to view them, you would need to rename the packages (including files inside the package) to the primary or alt (A or B) and replace the existing character packages. When I developed the mods, I used the alternates as a starting point so I could view them in nekropolis, then I changed them to new DLC characters so they don't overwrite existing costumes.

Tutorial for changing the character package numbers is here:

Alternatively, I can post the files that replace existing costumes if you really want.
Is this game hard to mod? you're editing the textures and models as well correct? Is it easy with unreal packer?

morosenoodle

Avid Affiliate
Yeah, I'd like to eventually make them fully nude, but I'm going to take a break for a bit.

Yeah changing back Mileena's face is doable. The MKX one however would be a lot of work since I would that model, then do a whole bunch of texture edits to make it match the style of MK9. Probably more effort than I care for at the moment.

It's not a fix for a glitch necessarily. It was an intentional thing done by the developers for some reason (probably to reduce rendering of objects not on screen). If you use a free camera mod, you will find that the victim will disappear after a few moments. You can edit the fatality files to prevent this from happening. This doesn't always work though, as sometimes things get reset and it looks weird.

Also, I forgot to mention one of my favorite changes to the fatalities I made. Scorpion's alternate:
View attachment 148178
Hey, so I just saw these mods on YT.

They're basically my Holy Grail. So... thanks!

Questions:

1. Is it possible to get this kind of thing to work with Kitana's Klassic MK2 and MK3 costumes?

2. Is there a masked version?

3. Any links or details on Fatality editing and preventing corpses from dissappearing would be HUGELY appreciated! (I'd also love to know if you can stop the screen from blacking out at the end of the Fatality yet)

Amazing works. I believeyou are the very first creator of proper N mods.

I do really wish to see N mods for the others especially sonya blade, but I think you need to rest and turn off many nonsense request that may come to you after this.

Same thing to you, herai! Saw this on YT just now.

Is it done with the same mod here, or a different one?

And do you have that "NSFW video" you said you had to censor for YT?

herai

Potential Patron
Hey, so I just saw these mods on YT.

They're basically my Holy Grail. So... thanks!

Questions:

1. Is it possible to get this kind of thing to work with Kitana's Klassic MK2 and MK3 costumes?

2. Is there a masked version?

3. Any links or details on Fatality editing and preventing corpses from dissappearing would be HUGELY appreciated! (I'd also love to know if you can stop the screen from blacking out at the end of the Fatality yet)

Same thing to you, herai! Saw this on YT just now.

Is it done with the same mod here, or a different one?

And do you have that "NSFW video" you said you had to censor for YT?
Shnapple already provided how to mod the fatalities in the pdf file.

Welp ofc I have since it is my own raw file lmao

Boredegenerate

Potential Patron
What settings did you mess with to keep the body the same for Scorpion's fatality? I'd like to try fucking around with other fatalities like Smoke's or the Dead Pool stage fatality but I don't know where to start.

shnapple

Ryonani Teamster
What settings did you mess with to keep the body the same for Scorpion's fatality? I'd like to try fucking around with other fatalities like Smoke's or the Dead Pool stage fatality but I don't know where to start.
I used the same method for X-rays. There are hide actor settings and I had to hide the meat model and unhide the base model. You can also use this to prevent bodies from disappearing after a fataility. The fatality animations are a bit weird though. Once the main animation ends, those models are hidden, and a new model unhides with the death animation loop. I also had to make some edits to the facial animations which was a complicated process of exporting animation blend files and reimporting them into the file .

In other news. Topless Kitana and Sonya are almost done. Also making good progress on maskless Skarlet.

Boredegenerate

Potential Patron
That was incredibly helpful, thanks. Specifically for Smoke's fatality, checking bDontSetMaterial in CinemaTrackMaterialOverride along with the other steps in your tutorial were what got the desired effect, might be the same for other fatalities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.