Mods disappear on save / Unable to type (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter xarxexxxx
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
X

xarxexxxx

I'm having some problems with my saved characters.

It's not the normal, "can't save because the file path" message, I have everything in the right folder (I think) and am able to save my characters. Whenever I 'update' them or re-load them though, the mods are missing from the character. The imported hair stays on her, the background is exactly as I left it, but anything imported under the 'SWF mod' button disappears (eg Vanilla Wings, Business Jacket, etc).

I tried moving all the loose mod files into the designated mod folder and that didn't help at all. The imported mods even appear in the thumbnails still (she'll still have the wings) but as soon as I boot it up the mod is gone. It woulnd't be a big deal if it was just one mod, but characterts that have multiple mods make it quite the hassle.

Also, when saving, I'm unable to type anything into any of the designated boxes. All my characters get stuck being called 'Custom Name' and I'm unable to type the file path for any of the mods that are disappearing.

Any help would be really appreciated!

tl;dr : I can save characters, but when they load / 'update' all the SWF mods disappear and I'm unable to type in the character name box / file path section.

B

boulet363

solution is here :

Ooooohhhhhhhh.... that explains everything. I've been telling you how to do it for vanilla game, not loader.
Things are much different for the loader.
Go to your Mods folder inside teh Loader folder.
Create a folder for Cynthia, call it whatever you want. (Let's just say Cynthia.)
Put the swf file in the new folder you made.
Create a text document called Mods.
Write Cynthia.swf in it and save.
(If you want to code in extra code for her, like clothes and stuff, create another txt doc called Code and paste the charCode in there)
Go back to the Mods folder and open the text document called CharacterFolders.
In that write the name of what you want to call it, and then the name of the folder.
So it should look like this:
Cynthia:Cynthia
(The first name is what will be displayed in-game, the second is the folder name)
Save that, open up the Loader and it should be there!
(Please god let this work for you)

(source : http://www.sdtmods.com/index.php?topic=76.msg71924#msg71924)

sby

Content Creator
Coder
the loader doesn't support in-game mod+character saving, it only does character data saving.
the loader saves characters by creating character folders:
http://www.sdtmods.com/index.php?topic=3601

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.