Max File Size For In Game Dialogue Editor (1 Viewer)

AaRL

Vivacious Visitor
Is there a maximum file size for the in game dialogue editor? I'm making a new dialogue, and it seems that many lines aren't loading. However, they are triggered in game when using the dialogue itself.

Anyone else ever encountered this issue?

SuzieBrave

Potential Patron
AaRL said:
Is there a maximum file size for the in game dialogue editor? I'm making a new dialogue, and it seems that many lines aren't loading. However, they are triggered in game when using the dialogue itself.

Yes, I have. But i figured thats just an impression, since the dialoue lines load kinda randomly. Also, some triggers seem to be more sensitive than others. If yo have the trigger "first_throat" for example and you expect a "first_throat" line to load, it could also be that a line like "pull_off" or "vigorous" or "pre_cum" loads, since based on the situation multiple triggers can apply. I know the feeling if yo wait for your favourite line to load and the same "general" line loads again and again....

rubix

Potential Patron
AaRL said:

Do you mean you can trigger them manually in the editor, but they don't trigger naturally in the game?

AaRL

Vivacious Visitor
rubix said:
AaRL said:

Do you mean you can trigger them manually in the editor, but they don't trigger naturally in the game?

No. I load my WIP dialogue and it loads up to a certain amount of lines it seems when I use the in game editor. Like if my dialogue is 100 lines, it would load only 80 in the in game editor. I dont know the numbers, just a guess for the post. But when I play the dialogue out, going through the whole thing, it uses the entire dialogue like normal. I just find it strange that the in game loader doesnt dislplay those lines, but using them in an actual play through, they display normal.

(My WIP dialogue is 33.3kb and will probably take about 2-5 more kb to complete - fairly large to whats on the site it seems)

rubix

Potential Patron
40kbs of dialogue? Sweet Monkey Jesus... Mine tend to top out at 15, I am in awe.

At a guess, I'd say when Kona built the editor it had to have a finite number of fields, but the game is reading from a text file so theoretically has no limits

AaRL

Vivacious Visitor
rubix said:
40kbs of dialogue? Sweet Monkey Jesus... Mine tend to top out at 15, I am in awe.

At a guess, I'd say when Kona built the editor it had to have a finite number of fields, but the game is reading from a text file so theoretically has no limits

Yeah I kinda got into this latest one. Has many forks in the road, special triggered lines and such. Im guessing its the file size, the special renamed triggers (cum_in_mouth2 or or face_fuck for example) or some other thing. I just took some things out of it, the game loaded some of the dialogued while replacing the missing triggers with default dialogue. Its truly a shame I have to chop this shit up...

Still working on the largest file size as well for the in game ediotr. Even re downloaded a clean copy of SDT 1.16 and an older verison that have the editor in game. No dice. This sucks... And Kona doesnt seem to respond to comments on his page anymore. Just posts the updates and thats it...

Edit: Im just gonna finsih it up like this never happened. Still loading roughly half my dialogue, so maybe some where around 20/25kb is its limit. Who knows? Hopefully someone out there can explain it to me or correct my mistake(s). Should have up in the next few days. Just check my thread if you want for the updates.

PROBLEM HAS BEEN SOLVED! It appears I was missing some key triggers "s and misspelled a whole batch of triggers. Copy and pasted them wrong. Also, actually completing the dialogue helps. The entire dialogue loads (in KSDT and Loader) and works fine. Now just have to proof read and touch up. Thanks guys for the input regarding this matter.

FYI: Final file size... 38.2kb! Hopefully you guys will like it as much I did did typing it up. Stay tuned!

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.