Making mods for SDT (1 Viewer)

jarhead70

Potential Patron
Hi,

Maybe this was already asked somewhere in this forum (anyone point me to it?), but what do I need to make mods for the official SDT? To be precise, what Adobe Flash version is the minimum? Further more, are there any free/open source alternative to Adobe Flash which have the minimum functionalities (like drawing vector graphics, aside for compiling) for making SDT mods? Can programs like Vectorian Giotto be used? Does SDT mods require AS3 script functionalities?

Also, for open source route, I have no problem whatsoever with CLI (Command Line Interface) programs, and mix-matching several programs at once (like using InkScape for vector graphics, and using some kind of CLI compiler like SWFTools). I just don't know what combo works, at least as far as making SDT mods go.

Thanks

Maineim

Content Creator
Thanks for the tip, I will try this free to use alternative.

But as far as I know SDT was done with actionscript 3, not fully supported in this program, but I don't konw nothing AS3 and the code of SDT to test it.

I tried Vectorian Giotto on Linux, and the program installs and runs, but I couldn't import any external format. :'(

Faceless

Content Creator
Considering that the template includes AS3 snippets, you'll at least need a program that's capable of compiling those snippets. Which pretty much means Flash CS (I think it's up to 6 now). The problem, of course, is that Flash CS costs $700. Yeah.

jarhead70

Potential Patron
Faceless said:
Considering that the template includes AS3 snippets, you'll at least need a program that's capable of compiling those snippets. Which pretty much means Flash CS (I think it's up to 6 now). The problem, of course, is that Flash CS costs $700. Yeah.
At least this clarifies that SDT mod requires AS3. I've search around some more and find only Adobe Flash can open FLA (the mod references). I've got some idea on getting around that. However, if Adobe Flash should be used, what's the oldest version which still can compile something SDT can read? SDT mods doesn't need cutting edge Adobe Flash Studio does it?

chrigoog said:
Well, not necessarily:
Umm, care to elaborate what is "not neccessary"? :-[

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
jarhead70 said:
Faceless said:
At least this clarifies that SDT mod requires AS3. I've search around some more and find only Adobe Flash can open FLA (the mod references). I've got some idea on getting around that. However, if Adobe Flash should be used, what's the oldest version which still can compile something SDT can read? SDT mods doesn't need cutting edge Adobe Flash Studio does it?

chrigoog said:
Well, not necessarily:
Umm, care to elaborate what is "not neccessary"? :-[
He was linking offsite to an illegal download of Flash.

I think safest is CS5, but you can do CS4 or 3 if someone will provide you with a proper template, as there are only CS5 and 5.5 templates out there (sometimes 4) and older versions don't read newer templates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.