wsc2011

Swell Supporter
I'm in the wrong business...

Really curious about the $500 a month people. That seems like... A lot.
Not if your model cost you around $2000 a shoot.

Talk to one of the US producer once during a custom, the more popular star will set you somewhere $1000-2000 an hour for full nude, not sure if he is lying to me (I was asking him for a custom) but for my own experience, a normal model can run upward to $500 HKD an hour, (about 80 USD) and that is for a normal promotional event (I work in Automotive industry, and hired quite a few girl my time for campaign promotion).

What I hear from the people in the business, the overhead for this industry could set you back $100,000 a year easy, depends on the girls and how often you produces.

D

Deleted member 687

I think to put it in very simple terms: Neon Dark is a long time, active member of the community who produces monthly zako content, often with the input of the community.

What essentially happening is someone is saying "Can someone help me steal from Neon Dark?" while Neon Dark is sitting five feet from them.
LMAO this is exactly it, though I wish Neon would sell their videos for offline watching, though I can see the issue surrounding that and piracy

D

Deleted member 687

If I were you I wouldn't do anything as everything is for the community my friend. I mean if my videos were uploaded here I wouldn't mind it
lmao, good for you, but you're not in the same spot and I can bet, I'll bet a HELL of a lot of money, that when you see the overhead and start dealing with the costs, you would be tearing your eyes out trying to stop piracy. We have a very niche market so it is already hard for neon to get any exposure. Don't be a dick and just buy the content mate. Or the content will stop, forever. Your choice

Alefer032

Designer
Screenshot_20220419-234038_Video Player.jpg
agent killed in action

Neon-Dark

Club Regular
lmao, good for you, but you're not in the same spot and I can bet, I'll bet a HELL of a lot of money, that when you see the overhead and start dealing with the costs, you would be tearing your eyes out trying to stop piracy. We have a very niche market so it is already hard for neon to get any exposure. Don't be a dick and just buy the content mate. Or the content will stop, forever. Your choice
Just to put into perspective. We have our own industrial space converted to a studio. That's 60k per year with associated overheads. There is well in excess of 80k in film/photography equipment. 40k alone on just lighting (profoto b1s, Lupo Dayleds for film) (4 total camera bodies including back ups, about 15 lenses). The props, costumes, cost one hell of a lot too.

The total cost of the sets was high, we have tools etc on set too (saws, nail guns, heavy lift equipment, compressors) the total cost of the sets, which are modular was about 10k.

There was quite a bit of work, hired equipment to get the place into working order aswell.

Then there are small things, fridge, microwave, drinks, snacks, bathroom stuff, change area, electrical, green room, tonnes of stuff.

The cost of one model in one type of costume with props is over $300. Yes we use them over and over, but things happen they get worn out, zippers break, all that so I spend about 1k per month on costume up-keep. Just the masks are $40-$50 each total because they are custom made.

If we wanted to field say 10 girls of a new type of character which needs new boots, you might be buying 15-20 pairs of boots. You will need 2 in each size minimum. Sometimes 3.

We pay the girls ofcourse. But also they rule the roost. They love it, they have fun, its their place to play storm trooper, look hot and have a ball.
They all know the kinks. They understand the Lore of Neon Dark. They wanna get eaten by the Azologoth, alot of them say shoot outs and getting shot is the most fun.

If anyone ever wants tips on anything to do with making your own thing like this hit me up.

tzarm

Avid Affiliate
На твоем месте я бы ничего не делал так как все для сообщества мой друг. Я имею ввиду если бы сюда скидывали мои видео я был бы не против этого

Freeloader says "if I were rich, I'd let people freeload off of me!" knowing full well they will never be rich and if they were would never keep their end of the bargain.

If you want to help the community, maybe you should make your own videos and post it here for free?

Fat Loong

Club Regular
Not if your model cost you around $2000 a shoot.

Talk to one of the US producer once during a custom, the more popular star will set you somewhere $1000-2000 an hour for full nude, not sure if he is lying to me (I was asking him for a custom) but for my own experience, a normal model can run upward to $500 HKD an hour, (about 80 USD) and that is for a normal promotional event (I work in Automotive industry, and hired quite a few girl my time for campaign promotion).

What I hear from the people in the business, the overhead for this industry could set you back $100,000 a year easy, depends on the girls and how often you produces.
The fee charged by performers varies greatly depend on the show. The same actress/model may charge RMB150 for a normal movie, but will ask for RMB1,000 if it is a fetish movie (even no nudity) for obvious reason. Even the fee by top stars like Andy Lau varies greatly depend on who is the director and whether it is a commercial movie or one that is targeted for awards in film festivals.

Fat Loong

Club Regular
The problem of enforcing copyright law in China for our special interest is that the producer themselves are walking on a tightrope. Even if there is no nudity, you have to package the video as something else or produce it in a secret place (where others can contact you through QQ). Once you touch the red line of nudity, they will hunt you down. About 2 years ago, a couple of producers (include the more well known Old Dream and N-Max) was put down with their people in jail for a few years.

Under such circumstances, would a fetish producer dare to take their copyright case to court? While at court, they will only use all effort to deny that they produce those videos!

wsc2011

Swell Supporter
The fee charged by performers varies greatly depend on the show. The same actress/model may charge RMB150 for a normal movie, but will ask for RMB1,000 if it is a fetish movie (even no nudity) for obvious reason. Even the fee by top stars like Andy Lau varies greatly depend on who is the director and whether it is a commercial movie or one that is targeted for awards in film festivals.

$150 RMB for a movie? Is it per hour or per movie?

You can't get someone, no matter how crappy they are for a movie for $200 HKD, probably in some student film, but not in anywhere professional. Andy Lau probably don't need money that much lol, I have heard he was only pay token salary for most director he had worked with.

The problem for Asian girl is they tend to shy away from the stuff western girl would do, I tried contact some Chinese and Hong Konger fetish model and they are not really into some kink (And as I said, those were supposed to be "Fetish" model, not normal model), US model usually okay for whatever you want to do as long as it is reasonable, not like killing themselves or something like that.....

Fat Loong

Club Regular
$150 RMB for a movie? Is it per hour or per movie?

You can't get someone, no matter how crappy they are for a movie for $200 HKD, probably in some student film, but not in anywhere professional. Andy Lau probably don't need money that much lol, I have heard he was only pay token salary for most director he had worked with.

The problem for Asian girl is they tend to shy away from the stuff western girl would do, I tried contact some Chinese and Hong Konger fetish model and they are not really into some kink (And as I said, those were supposed to be "Fetish" model, not normal model), US model usually okay for whatever you want to do as long as it is reasonable, not like killing themselves or something like that.....
That is per day, and of course they are just the zako and their name probably won't appear anywhere. However, this will be in their resume and help them get more opportunities in the future. Actually this is the same logic for Andy Lau, who is keen to keep a good reputation so his carrier could be long lasting. If he keep appear on commercial movies, his reputation would decline. Movies for competition in film festival rarely make good money and can't afford to have him unless he is willing to cut price.

Alex lee

Club Regular

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.