Live Action Zako

Kunoichi

Vivacious Visitor
Can you give us a description of this attraction? Is it part ride, part walk-thru?
It's kind of both?

Before the main ride section there is the "pre-show" if you will. Most rides at Disney have a pre-show but the one at Rise is very involved.
The part involving the First Order is when your guest group gets captured by them.
Your group is then allowed to walk around the main hangar of their Star Destroyer. There, you can take photos, look at the impressive set pieces and interact with the First Order officers.

The hangar section is mostly just a very fancy way to do crowd control before they let you on the main ride but it is pretty fun.
The officers there will let you take a picture with them too and you can chat with them and they are always in character.

After that, they separate the audience and you have an officer line you up and give you instructions. Here they tell you that you will be entering a jail cell because they've decided to make you their prisoners.
The next section after that is the ride and it's all animatronics at that point. I wont reveal too much but if you want to see more there are a bunch of videos online. It's a lot of fun.

As I've mentioned they are all in character and have a really cute/mean attitude about them. I would say the majority of actors were women too. The officer who dealt with my group was really into it. She was always serious and would tell us to "be quiet" or "no smiling" whenever we acted out. She even would threaten us with some Star Wars styled punishments too.

Definitely worth getting to the park at 5am just to get on the ride :wat:

Last edited:

Kristopher Prime

Vivacious Visitor
It's kind of both?

Before the main ride section there is the "pre-show" if you will. Most rides at Disney have a pre-show but the one at Rise is very involved.
The part involving the First Order is when your guest group gets captured by them.
Your group is then allowed to walk around the main hangar of their Star Destroyer. There, you can take photos, look at the impressive set pieces and interact with the First Order officers.

The hangar section is mostly just a very fancy way to do crowd control before they let you on the main ride but it is pretty fun.
The officers there will let you take a picture with them too and you can chat with them and they are always in character.

After that, they separate the audience and you have an officer line you up and give you instructions. Here they tell you that you will be entering a jail cell because they've decided to make you their prisoners.
The next section after that is the ride and it's all animatronics at that point. I wont reveal too much but if you want to see more there are a bunch of videos online. It's a lot of fun.

As I've mentioned they are all in character and have a really cute/mean attitude about them. I would say the majority of actors were women too. The officer who dealt with my group was really into it. She was always serious and would tell us to "be quiet" or "no smiling" whenever we acted out. She even would threaten us with some Star Wars styled punishments too.

Definitely worth getting to the park at 5am just to get on the ride :wat:
that is always amazing for a ride or attraction when the employees become part of it as "cast members" rather than simply hop onto the ride. heck, when a ride first opens, it is awesome when they have an "in-character" grand opening. for example, the transformers ride at universal first opened with Admiral Morshower's actor (leader of the autobot-human military alliance called NEST) announcing the event (possibly a new NEST base being set up), "NEST soldiers" were on patrol "protecting" the area, optimus and bumblebee arrived in vehicle mode and spoke, then special effects are activated to simulate an "off-camera" decepticon attack. optimus, bumblebee, and some NEST soldiers go off out of view to "fight" the decepticons and manage to drive them off. the ride then opens officially and the "NEST recruits" (riders) are allowed into the "base". it then proceeds for each person with a decepticon attack on the base as part of the ride.

Minion

Club Regular
We're there any zako involved in the deleted resteurant scene in Spiderman Far From Home? The only clip online i was able to find showed 1 I think, but the quality was so pore, i couldnt see if there were more

Pangcake22

Vivacious Visitor
In one of the behind the scene for The Force Awaken, there were two stuntwomen dressed as Stormtroopers, I was just surprise it took the 3rd movie for JJ to finally have the female stormtroopers be taken out like their male counter part. I suppose with Disney putting more and more female into the forefront, it was long due. I still haven't got around to see it, cant wait to check it out as I already got ticket for next weekend.

horatiojones80

Vivacious Visitor

Great scene. I love how one girl chokes her out while the other holds her legs, then her hands dangle limp. I hope there is a high quality version of this scene soon in the future.

Pangcake22

Vivacious Visitor
You can see the scene in question, here:
RoS-Stormtroopers sht (low quality).mp4
I remember in the Force Awaken, they like to dub in voice over for the stormtroopers (FN-2199 AKA TR-8R was physically played by a stuntman Liang Yang with voice line dubbed over by one of the Skywalker sound editor David Acord) i wonder if they have the stuntwomen does the action of getting shot while a voice talent wad brought in later to voice over the scream and voice command. I can definity see the benefit of having line redone in studio to make it more clearer or better.

Amazon Shark

Swell Supporter
I actually think that is what they do. I know they had a female voice actor play one of the female stormtroopers in The Force Awakens, with a stunt-woman under the armor. Looking carefully, you can see slight difference in the figures of the female stormtroopers getting shot when compared to the males who have don't have the wider hips.

Pangcake22

Vivacious Visitor
After Force Awakens I think more and more female stormtroopers were featured in other Star Wars material such as comics, books , animation and even in video game. Hopefully, they can sprinkle in some more female stormtroopers in either future movies or live action TV series.

Amazon Shark

Swell Supporter
Just our luck they announced production teams are taking a hiatus from Star Wars films for something like 2 years, so it'll probably be at least 3 or so years before the next movie... :frown: but perhaps things have shifted to the TV shows like the Mandalorian so I would keep my eyes open there for now.

Pangcake22

Vivacious Visitor
you want to gun down female troopers? here's an awesome mod that was just updated a few days ago, it sill works.

All-Female Trooper Legions Remastered

you'll need Frosty Mod Manager, but this mod makes all Imperial and First Order troops female. really awesome to use in the Co-op mode.
i got Battlefront 2 in console so i wont be able to mod the troopers and officers, however, i can still play offline mode against first order heavy only as enemy (since they are voiced by a female voice actor)

wj1905

Club Regular
If anyone cares, Rise of Skywalker has lots of female stormtroopers... not that you can tell by look, sadly they do not even try to give them feminine-looking armor, but some of the screams when shot are pretty girly. Also, there were at least 2-3 female First Order officers, at least one being the captain of a star destroyer.

Great scene. I love how one girl chokes her out while the other holds her legs, then her hands dangle limp. I hope there is a high quality version of this scene soon in the future.
Great scene, man that assassin was good, kept fighting even while being choked. Also I think she survived as they handcuffed her to the dead policeman afterwards.

Top Bottom