Is there a limit on the # of "next" conditions in a row? Can it be bypassed? (1 Viewer)

LigerHorse

Potential Patron
As the subject suggests, I need some help with a dialogue I'm working on. The dialogue wasn't originally created by me but I have been making a lot of changes and additions to better fit a custom scenario. Unfortunately in my testing I have run into an issue concerning the "next" condition. As show in the example below I'm using the "next" condition to simulate an actual conversation between the male and female characters.

swallow:"Werewolf cum is delicious! I wonder if a normal wolf's cum tastes the same..."{"held":"false","next":"swallow2"}
swallow2:"I don't know, but if you really want I could help you find out."{"style":"Him","next":"swallow3"}
swallow3:"[SHOCK]Really!? Well then... maybe you could, um... help me fulfill my wild animal gangbang fantasy?"{"next":"swallow4"}
swallow4:"Your... your... Daaammnn sis. Your far more of a slut than I realized. Heheheh, I can certainly help. Though you'll have to wear a revealing pink wolf costume and let me tie you up."{"style":"Him","next":"swallow5"}

My problem is that the "next" condition apparently refuses to activate more than twice in a row. The first line of dialogue get's displayed, then "swallow2" is displayed and "swallow3" after that. However it won't display "swallow4". Sometimes after displaying "swallow3" it will display a different dialogue(usually from the General category) and other times it won't display any dialogue for a few minutes or until I do something to trigger a dialogue. Because of this I don't think the "next" condition is being interrupted. The intro that the person who originally wrote this dialogue created also uses a series of "next" conditions to setup the scenario. I have edited the words used in some of the lines but the number of lines hasn't changed and I haven't changed anything else.

intro:"[NORMAL_MOOD]I'm a Werewolf! I can cum at will and I can last forever."{"check":{"introduction":"false"}, "style":"Him", "next":"intro1"}
intro1:"You are bluffing, no one can last forever."{"next":"intro2"}
intro2:"Well, I can..."{"style":"Him", "next":"intro3"}
intro3:"Then, your girlfriends didn't know how to give a good blowjob."{"next":"intro4"}
intro4:"No, they were pretty good..."{"style":"Him", "next":"intro5"}
intro5:"All the guys that I've been with didn't even last 15 minutes."{"next":"intro6"}
intro6:"Hahaha, they weren't as good as I am and I doubt that THEY were werewolves."{"style":"Him", "next":"intro7"}
intro7:"If I gave you a blowjob, you wouldn't even last 15 minutes."{"next":"intro8"}
intro8:"So you feel so good at it, hahaha. I bet I could last far longer than 15 minutes."{"style":"Him", "next":"intro9"}
intro9:"You think so? I accept, you are so going to lose!"{"next":"intro10"}
intro10:"I don't believe you, you are going to chicken out."{"style":"Him","next":"intro11"}
intro11:"No way, I'll prove it to you right here[TAP_HANDS], right now!"{"next":"intro12"}
intro12:"Haha, you are such a slut sis. I'll transform so you can show me just how good you are, you drunk bitch."{"style":"Him", "set":{"introduction":"true"}}

The biggest problem with the intro is the fact that the game is never told that the intro has been completed since it never reaches the final line. So sometimes the intro will just start up again at some random point. This means that the person who originally wrote the dialogue either didn't test to see if all parts of it were working or he/she didn't have the same issue I'm having. I'm using the latest version of Loader BTW. If anyone has any idea what might be causing the issue and how to fix it then please help, thanks!

f93

Casual Client
I don't know what is causing it to stop working, but most dialogues don't use {"next"}. Try using [], such as:

Code:
intro:"[NORMAL_MOOD]I'm a Werewolf! I can cum at will and I can last forever.[intro1]"{"style":"Him"}
intro1:"You are bluffing, no one can last forever.[intro2]"
intro2:"Well, I can...[intro3]"{"style":"Him"}

This loads the next line in a similar way to "next", and definitely works for massive chains of connected lines.

LigerHorse

Potential Patron
f93 said:
I don't know what is causing it to stop working, but most dialogues don't use {"next"}. Try using [], such as:

Code:
intro:"[NORMAL_MOOD]I'm a Werewolf! I can cum at will and I can last forever.[intro1]"{"style":"Him"}
intro1:"You are bluffing, no one can last forever.[intro2]"
intro2:"Well, I can...[intro3]"{"style":"Him"}

This loads the next line in a similar way to "next", and definitely works for massive chains of connected lines.

Problem solved, thanks for your help! If only such information was contained the Dialogue Guide thread that's pinned to the top of the tutorial section. It doesn't even mention the "next" condition.

aztlan

Casual Client
A couple of points about dialogues:

Her Thoughts ("style":"Thought") and His lines ("style":"Him") will play no matter what action is occurring. Other lines (spoken by her, which usually have no "style":...) will only play if there is nothing in her mouth and She is not gagging, coughing, etc.. Further Her spoken lines can be interrupted if something is placed in Her mouth. Therefore, do not rely on anything other than Her Thoughts and His lines to progress interactive dialogues.

I generally place [NewLine] at the beginning of the quote in case the line is aborted for any reason. If a line is aborted (for example she's speaking and has something placed in her mouth) then only [] triggers (including new line triggers) before the point the line is abandoned will play,ones after the interruption are ignored (unless it is a very brief interruption and the line continues after a brief pause).

Pim_gd

Content Creator
aztlan said:
A couple of points about dialogues:

Her Thoughts ("style":"Thought") and His lines ("style":"Him") will play no matter what action is occurring. Other lines (spoken by her, which usually have no "style":...) will only play if there is nothing in her mouth and She is not gagging, coughing, etc.. Further Her spoken lines can be interrupted if something is placed in Her mouth. Therefore, do not rely on anything other than Her Thoughts and His lines to progress interactive dialogues.

I generally place [NewLine] at the beginning of the quote in case the line is aborted for any reason. If a line is aborted (for example she's speaking and has something placed in her mouth) then only [] triggers (including new line triggers) before the point the line is abandoned will play,ones after the interruption are ignored (unless it is a very brief interruption and the line continues after a brief pause).

Thought lines do not occur if she's passed out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.