1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In-game dialogue error.

Discussion in 'Help' started by Bluey5, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Bluey5

Bluey5 Avid Affiliate

OK... I stumbled across something else I don't know about. This just seemed to happen after I was playing around with variables...if that helps. Pim was helping me, and I changed false in initial_settings:{"intro":0,"introend":"false"} to 1. Now every-time I load a dialogue and go to the in-game dialogue editor, that is what it shows...

I don't know if that is what caused the problem or not...but that's all I got. Help?

It looks pretty weird...its funny to look at lol.

Attached Files:

2. sby

sby Club Regular Content Creator

interesting, but. . . why the hell is that a bitmap?!? 1.7 megs GAA!

3. Bluey5

Bluey5 Avid Affiliate

I don't know...lol. Sorry about that. :(

You didn't have to download it btw. Just click the picture lol

4. f93

f93 Casual Client

It's funny how you provide a background-sized pic of the dialogue editor and didn't, say, post the dialogue file that broke it. Which would allow us to actually help instead of making jokes about this.

5. sby

sby Club Regular Content Creator

if you have any running mods, that might also help to note

6. f93

f93 Casual Client

Okay, Bluey PM'ed me the dialogue, and it looks like this specific bug was caused by trying to set the mood of a line to "Thought". It had some other issues too, which I tried to explain as best I could.
    That said, you really should try using Pim_gd's dialogue checker. I really can't overstate how useful it is for fixing dialogues.

7. Bluey5

Bluey5 Avid Affiliate

It isn't even finished...I usually do that after the whole thing is done, kind of like a "revising" thing. Thanks a bunch though!

I remember correcting one of those "{"mood":"Thought"}'s, but I guess there were more.

8. Pim_gd

Pim_gd Swell Supporter

This is the reason why invalid mood values are treated as Severe by the DialogueChecker. It's exceptionally good at murdering SDT.