In-game dialogue error. (1 Viewer)

Bluey5

Potential Patron
OK... I stumbled across something else I don't know about. This just seemed to happen after I was playing around with variables...if that helps. Pim was helping me, and I changed false in initial_settings:{"intro":0,"introend":"false"} to 1. Now every-time I load a dialogue and go to the in-game dialogue editor, that is what it shows...

I don't know if that is what caused the problem or not...but that's all I got. Help?

It looks pretty weird...its funny to look at lol.

Attachments

In game Dialogue error.bmp
1.7 MB · Views: 106

sby

Content Creator
Coder
interesting, but. . . why the hell is that a bitmap?!? 1.7 megs GAA!

Bluey5

Potential Patron
I don't know...lol. Sorry about that. :(

You didn't have to download it btw. Just click the picture lol

f93

Casual Client
It's funny how you provide a background-sized pic of the dialogue editor and didn't, say, post the dialogue file that broke it. Which would allow us to actually help instead of making jokes about this.

f93

Casual Client
Okay, Bluey PM'ed me the dialogue, and it looks like this specific bug was caused by trying to set the mood of a line to "Thought". It had some other issues too, which I tried to explain as best I could.
That said, you really should try using Pim_gd's dialogue checker. I really can't overstate how useful it is for fixing dialogues.

Bluey5

Potential Patron
It isn't even finished...I usually do that after the whole thing is done, kind of like a "revising" thing. Thanks a bunch though!

I remember correcting one of those "{"mood":"Thought"}'s, but I guess there were more.

Pim_gd

Content Creator
This is the reason why invalid mood values are treated as Severe by the DialogueChecker. It's exceptionally good at murdering SDT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.