How to convert Static Hair into dynamic Swf files? (1 Viewer)

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
Most (all?) modders use Adobe Animate CC (or the former Flash Pro CS/CC) to make FLA files that are "published" as SWF files.

Basically, one cannot "convert" static PNG files into dynamic SWF ones, because PNG is raster graphics while SWF is vector. Also, PNG files are just a bunch of pixels, while SWF contains some code.
Automatic conversion of raster to vector is possible, but the result is too crappy to be used for SDT (example HERE).
If it exist, it is possible to convert the base SVG file used to make the PNG file into a SWF, but the result will still not be dynamic.
To make dynamic hair, one need to cut the strand(s) into several pieces, draw an half-disk on top of each and arrange them in a specific template of the FLA file.
If no SVG file is available, everything need to be redrawn from scratch.

On this forum, there is only the old (with some images missing) Dynamic Hair Positioning tutorial made by sclover13 and my little reminder How to arrange layers in your hair mod that helps with layers.
A tutorial has been made by konashion in his template (SDTModdingCS5.zip, that needs Flash Pro or Animate to be read).

Last edited:

Deleted member 232679

Avid Affiliate
Thank you for telling me, that paywall to get access to Animate or any Adobe product is a real cock blocker. Maybe when I get a better paying job I can help with modding but until then.

DigitalSmutExports

Content Creator
Thank you for telling me, that paywall to get access to Animate or any Adobe product is a real cock blocker. Maybe when I get a better paying job I can help with modding but until then.
Hi,
If you really want to help with modding but can't get Animate that's completely doable. Inkscape is free and the svg files are imported cleanly into Animate. When it comes to Dynamic hair the difficult part is drawing a nice hair.

If you're serious I'll commit to handling the conversion for you provided:

-At least reasonable quality so it's worth the effort

-No crazy volume

-Svg files that are (very!!) well organised, eg all outlines on one layer, all shaded areas on another layer etc.

Deleted member 232679

Avid Affiliate
Hi,
If you really want to help with modding but can't get Animate that's completely doable. Inkscape is free and the svg files are imported cleanly into Animate. When it comes to Dynamic hair the difficult part is drawing a nice hair.

If you're serious I'll commit to handling the conversion for you provided:

-At least reasonable quality so it's worth the effort

-No crazy volume

-Svg files that are (very!!) well organised, eg all outlines on one layer, all shaded areas on another layer etc.
Thanks my son, I'll do what I've been sent for, but right now I'll just be converting static hairs into dynamic, maybe one day I'll transform.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.