House Party Alpha (1 Viewer)

mistacorn

Vivacious Visitor
Hey guys,

I’ve got a massive update to House Party today! I’ve been taking a lot of feedback from you all and trying to implement a little bit of something for everyone. This new build includes the first official “Ending”, where it’s possible to go out of the main game and into an ending scenario with some of the characters. I plan to write endings that include all of the female characters going forward, but this build will give you a taste of completing the game (in one of several ways that will be possible).

Another big change is that things are not so linear. It’s going to still feel linear in some ways, but you will see how I’ve been untangling the storyline. For instance, it’s possible to talk Patrick out of the alcohol, but it’s also possible now to have him beaten and still be able to take it from him. Additionally, if you happen to beat him up in the same room as Madison, you are no longer stuck, as you can now drag his limp body out of the room! Pretty cool!
Other than that, there are lots of interface updates, content both with story lines, and humorous quips if you can find creative ways to try to use objects together. I also changed the game mechanics a bit so everything’s not so dialogue-based. Overall, the engine is getting very solid, and I am really happy with this build. Once I add in a few more endings and modify the story-lines a little more, I think I might just have something!

Here's the link:
http://games.eekllc.com

Change Log:

Revamped LookAt Scripts. Characters now more aware of surroundings
Added autonomous (and smart) looking around. Characters now look at each other and interact
Added relationship status bars
Added a cool new frame to the dialogue avatars to go with the bar
Adjusted dialogues so after you choose an option it goes away (unless it is needed again)
Adjusted breast physics (Fixed some bugs)
Added to Brittney’s storyline
Added to Ashley’s storyline
Added to Katherine’s storyline
Added to Rachael’s storyline
Added the “Strip Highcard” ending
Added more interactive items.
Gave Patrick a wine bottle. This can now be removed from him in multiple ways.
Adjusted sound so it is in 3D. (If you walk away from objects, their sound volume will change)
Added real-time shadows
Added a new “Give” command for Non Player Characters
Added a new “Use With…” command for interactive item and inventory items.
Added a bunch of humorous quips when you try to use things or give things away
Adjusted UI to scale with different resolutions
You can now click and drag passed out/dead characters by their limbs
Updated Brittney’s model
Updated Rachael’s model

mistacorn

Vivacious Visitor
Hey guys,

Here’s the latest update of House Party. As usual, this is a quick update following a big one addressing some of the bugs and immediate feedback I’ve gotten since the release of Beta .2. Though mostly minor changes and bug fixes, there has actually been a good deal of new content added to the game. I got a really good suggestion from a supporter to include high-res photos of the girls in various states of undress during the strip game, and I’ve done exactly that. I also feel like the strip game ending yields a bit more of a reward this way as well, so enjoy!

Eek! Games – 3D and VR Game Development Blog

Change Log:

Increased the mass of the rickety shelf so Frank will always be crushed by it.
Fixed an issue where interactive objects could be clicked through user interface interaction.
Fixed an issue where sometimes the interaction menu wouldn’t come up when clicking on a character.
Increased font sizes on dialogues and game messages.
Fixed an issue where some UI elements were cropped off the screen on some resolutions.
Added several reward photos to the strip game.
Adjusted the maximum angle characters can turn their heads to avoid some unnatural looking scenarios.

mistacorn

Vivacious Visitor
Hey guys,

Here’s another follow-up build to House Party. This is addressing the last (hopefully) of the issues that some of you have been running into. The Stephanie bug was a big hindrance to completing the game through to the Strip High Card Game, but now it should be smooth sailing! I also added a few new features including an upgrade to the dialogue system where the characters now give hints on how to complete some of the puzzles. I also took out a lot of the silly responses, and added more of a story as to how the gang all know each other. And last but not least, there are now downloadable builds for OSX (Mac) and Linux operating systems! Enjoy!

Eek! Games – 3D and VR Game Development Blog

Change Log:

Fixed a bug where Stephanie would remove alcohol from your inventory even if she refused it.
Gave Frank a new combat animation
Updated multiple dialogues
Added hints about story lines to some NPC dialogues.
Fixed an issue where rag-doll physics would freak out breast physics.
Added support for Mac
Added support for Linux
Added Audio Settings
UI is now scalable
Girls in the Card Game now have tells as to how strong their cards are.

mistacorn

Vivacious Visitor
Hey guys,

Here’s another beta version of House Party! There are some really cool updates in this version including the hilariously appropriate ability to whip your member out. This new mechanic of the game will be useful for upcoming scanarios including the new endings you’ve been waiting for. In the meantime, you can play around with the mechanic and watch the various reactions you get. My goal is to have the characters continually be aware of their surroundings, and in turn, they will react to you doing things of that nature in front of them. There’s even a use for the new mechanic to progress further in one of the story-lines. Press the “P” key while playing to toggle between pulling it out, and putting it back in your pants.

http://games.eekllc.com

Change Log:
Optimized model textures
Optimized models
Fixed a glitch with characters walking through doors
Added to Katherine’s story-line
Added ability to take out penis
Added humorous quips by all NPCs when player takes out his penis near them
Implemented foundation for upcoming scenes.
Fixed various other bugs
Modified player so he can see his own lower body
Player now actually loses clothes in strip cards
Changed the field of view on the camera to prevent warping on the sides of the screen.
Updated the strip poker game to make it harder to cheat

Vallil

Swell Supporter
so far it's good, just a little observation, for some reason i get frame lag, my pc is a mid-spec one but still can handle some games at full with 40+fps, tried lowering the graphics but the on-screen difference was not really that noticeable but maybe i didn't check carefully enough, an optimization flag maybe(?) other than that it was running fine had no major issues. Also i noticed a little exploit where you can repeat the same dialogue endlessly and get the relation bar to fill up, not sure if a bug or intended but worth mention, really liked the option to directly access the already-unlocked content from the start menu too, waiting for next update. Thumbs up

mistacorn

Vivacious Visitor
so far it's good, just a little observation, for some reason i get frame lag, my pc is a mid-spec one but still can handle some games at full with 40+fps, tried lowering the graphics but the on-screen difference was not really that noticeable but maybe i didn't check carefully enough, an optimization flag maybe(?) other than that it was running fine had no major issues. Also i noticed a little exploit where you can repeat the same dialogue endlessly and get the relation bar to fill up, not sure if a bug or intended but worth mention, really liked the option to directly access the already-unlocked content from the start menu too, waiting for next update. Thumbs up

Thanks! The biggest issue is that the models are very high quality. I am working with a graphic designer to create another set of models for the game so it will run much smoother on mid-level systems.

Demrion

Potential Patron
I dont know if someone mentioned this before but, when you use the "excuse me" on Brittney she will take a step back and then sit in the air :D
btw i like the Picture right from the bed in the bedroom near the white shelf :3

mistacorn

Vivacious Visitor
I dont know if someone mentioned this before but, when you use the "excuse me" on Brittney she will take a step back and then sit in the air :D
btw i like the Picture right from the bed in the bedroom near the white shelf :3

Ha! Nice find. Thanks! I will prevent that from happening in future builds.

mistacorn

Vivacious Visitor
Hey guys,

It's been a bit, and I just wanted to let you all know what I'm currently working on, and also get some feedback for direction. For those who haven't been keeping up with the blog, House Party is in the middle of a huge revamp including a complete redesign of the house, as well as a redesign of the models from the ground up to be more suited for what I need. I am working with a graphic designer and he just finished up redesigning Brittney, and I was really happy with the result, so I will be moving forward and having him redesign all of the models in the game. Moving away from Daz allows me to have lightweight models that will perform well in the game, and also be detailed where I need them to be, and flexible enough to take this game to the next level (which I know you've all been waiting for).

Here's a video showing the new model and house design:

I've gotten to the point where I'm starting to add content back into the game, which means soon I will have a playable beta version for you guys. Before I got back into writing the storylines though, I wanted to get a feel for what kind of game you guys want. Initially, House Party was more of a puzzle type game with a wacky sense of humor. Do you guys enjoy that format, and should I continue to just refine what it was? Or are you guys more interested in a more realistic sim type of situation where you would simply try to relationship build with the girls and try to woo them over by asking the right questions and making the right response choices? Do you want light back-stories and more gameplay, or immersive backstories less gameplay? Or do you want all of the above? Let me know what you guys think, and I will be listening attentively as I approach re-writing the storylines.

For those of you reading this for the first time and new to House Party, you can grab the latest version here:
Downloads – Eek! Games

mistacorn

Vivacious Visitor
Hey guys! We're finished up with the Madison revision and I just wanted to show it off to all of you. Check out the earrings and how they hang off her head with their own physics. Very cool stuff. We also went very different on her face and body shape than Brittney to ensure we have good variety in the game. We intend to keep this pattern up so all of the girls look very different from one another and give a better sense of reality in game!

For those of you reading this for the first time and new to House Party, you can grab the latest version for free here:
Downloads – Eek! Games

Slingerbult

Content Creator
This is looking very promising. Ever since playing Leisure Suit Larry on my Amiga 500 over 20 years ago, I've always wanted a raunchier version with modern graphics. Downloading now and hope to provide more feedback as I get into it. Also major Kudos for making a mac version!

Slingerbult

Content Creator
OK, played around with it a bit. Good story and graphics but is there any actual sex? Or is the goal of the game just to get the girls nakes and play out their little intrigues? I took my dick out when Madison was naked and it seemed a little weird that nothing raunchy would ensue.

Also - is there no way to save the game? Starting over every time you exit the game is very boring.

mistacorn

Vivacious Visitor
OK, played around with it a bit. Good story and graphics but is there any actual sex? Or is the goal of the game just to get the girls nakes and play out their little intrigues? I took my dick out when Madison was naked and it seemed a little weird that nothing raunchy would ensue.

Also - is there no way to save the game? Starting over every time you exit the game is very boring.

Sex scenes are planned. Remember, this is an early beta version of the game. It's still under development. I am putting it out so people can play and test it as I shape the underlying engine so I can make more of these types of games down the line.

Slingerbult

Content Creator
Good to know. If you want my opinion on what I think should be next on your to-do list, that is a simple sex scene with one of the girls. If you want more people to play your game, bring on the sex. Better rooms or models are not as interesting IMO. It would also be great to have save games.

mistacorn

Vivacious Visitor
Good to know. If you want my opinion on what I think should be next on your to-do list, that is a simple sex scene with one of the girls. If you want more people to play your game, bring on the sex. Better rooms or models are not as interesting IMO. It would also be great to have save games.

Thanks for the input! It's definitely something that's on the to-do list, but I was backing myself into a corner using the really expensive models, and a redesign was necessary. The newer models allow me more flexibility for being able to make these types of scenes as well. It's coming for sure! :)

mistacorn

Vivacious Visitor
Hey everyone,

The Ashley model is almost finished, and she is looking really good! I will be posting her when she is finished in probably just another couple of days.

In the meantime, I wanted to show off some of the Physics and AI interaction that I've been working on for the characters in the upcoming build of House Party.

Here's a video showcasing some of what's to come, and the description of what's happening is below.

The characters in the game are going to be much more variable depending on the mood they are in, and also how much they like you. In the video, we see that I first introduce myself to Madison, and she has a very plain expression when she first chit-chat's with me. After I find out her phone is missing (and I creepily happen to already have it on me), I give her the phone, and she is ecstatic and thanks me. Now you'll notice when I walk up to her again, since I am familiar to her, and she likes me much better now that I returned her phone to her, she will now smile when she sees me approach her. This can also unlock other storyline options.

Notice she also decides to walk around the house periodically, and chooses a new spot to hang out.

After following her downstairs, I decide to do something to make her mood take a turn for the worse (and also show off some physics of the game). You'll see that you can now pick up and move any object in the game. I pick up a chair and walk it over to Madison, and I kick it at her feet, causing her to fall over. The first time it happens, she writes it off as a clumsy mistake, and she is in too good of a mood to care because she got her phone back, so she shrugs it off and doesn't make a big deal about it. The second time it happens, she gets agitated, and you can see the angry look on her face after she falls over. She then decides to leave the room. I follow her upstairs and approach her, and instead of smiling when she sees me, she frowns letting me know something's wrong. I try to talk to her, and she tells me "not now".

Madison's bad mood is a temporary thing, and will increase over time during the game, or I can use certain mechanics of the game and dialogues to increase her mood. She still has a completely separate feeling about how much she likes me, and when she is in a better mood, she will start talking to me again. This will be different from previous versions of the game, where you could sometimes back yourself into a corner by making a girl angry with you. Now, instead of permanently being angry, if you do upset a girl to the point where she doesn't want to talk to you, you can wait it out, or try to cheer her up, and she will eventually warm up to you again.

Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.