House Party Alpha (1 Viewer)

mistacorn

Vivacious Visitor
splash800.png

Hey everyone,

I am developing a new game called House Party, and I have an alpha version that I want to start letting some people test. The engine I'm building underneath it will help to rapidly develop more of these types of games down the line.

The game is similar to a lot of the browser-based games where your choices influence your success in the game, but it plays like a first-person RPG with interactive game models, characters, and physics. I'm drawing a lot of inspiration on the classic Leisure Suit Larry games as well in the sense that the games are light-hearted and humorous, but they will be a lot more raunchy and filled with nudity and sex in comparison (when I'm finished). Right now there are about a few hours worth of gameplay, but the experience is already rather rich for an alpha. There are multiple story-paths though and different outcomes based on your decisions, and it is possible to finish all of the storylines if you do things in the correct way.

Right now I'm only offering a Windows client version.

Anyway, hope there's some interest. Very much appreciate anybody willing to test! Play instructions are on the link. Feedback is much appreciated. The download is free.

http://games.eekllc.com

System Requirements:

Windows 7+
Graphics card: DX9 (shader model 3.0) capabilities; generally everything made since 2005 should work.
CPU: SSE2 instruction set support.

TwistedTypist

Vivacious Visitor
I played a little bit tonight. The biggest issues I've noticed so far is that some of the text options overlap each other, making them hard to read. Also, the closet won't open. Not sure if that's a bug or just me not getting to the right place yet.

shagy_91

Potential Patron
There's a bug with the girls when they walk, when you get the girl that lost her phone to go to the bedroom, she walks on air when she's about to go through the door to enter the kitchen and her head hits the wall preventing her to move further. However, i got busy with the other girls and she managed to go through.
It would be very interesting to interact with the girls once you get them naked.

mistacorn

Vivacious Visitor
There's a bug with the girls when they walk, when you get the girl that lost her phone to go to the bedroom, she walks on air when she's about to go through the door to enter the kitchen and her head hits the wall preventing her to move further. However, i got busy with the other girls and she managed to go through.
It would be very interesting to interact with the girls once you get them naked.

That bug is fixed in the new version which I should be putting out in the next few days. :)

mistacorn

Vivacious Visitor
I played a little bit tonight. The biggest issues I've noticed so far is that some of the text options overlap each other, making them hard to read. Also, the closet won't open. Not sure if that's a bug or just me not getting to the right place yet.

What resolution are you running at? I plan to make the response text fonts a little smaller next build, but they are already kind of small on larger resolutions. Are you able to increase your resolution at all? Anything above 1024x768 should look ok.

mistacorn

Vivacious Visitor
Hey everybody. Exciting news. I’ve decided that there’s enough groundwork done that I’m promoting the game from an Alpha to a Beta. This is great news because it means from here on out I will mostly be working on storyline until House Party is done, and then moving on to another project using the same engine. Don’t worry though, I still plan on working on House Party a bit more before that happens. One thing that’s really cool in this update is that there’s a whole interaction that takes place between two other characters (and you as a bystander). The engine was updated to allow for this type of interaction, which really increases the immersion factor.

Here is the change log:

Refined the radial menu. It should work much better.
Fixed a bug with Stephanie getting bugged for dialogue after wandering into the kitchen.
Moved the Mysterious Key location as a lot of players have complained it was too hard to find.
Added another room onto the house.
Added a new character Rachael.
Implemented some of Rachael’s storyline.
Advanced Brittney’s storyline.
Advanced Ashley’s storyline.
Advanced Frank’s storyline.
Added a mechanic to allow scene-like dialogues to take place.
Updated dialogues so you can simply click on the option to advance.
Updated dialogues so now you use the radial menu to open one rather than walking up to a character.
Updated character behaviors to increase immersion.
Fixed several other bugs.

This is an exciting update because it is adding a lot more story into the mix, and we are starting to see how the party will play out in the end. From here on, I will be working on adding in some alone time with the girls after everybody else has been taken out of the picture.

Here's the link: http://games.eekllc.com

mistacorn

Vivacious Visitor
Hey guys,

Just a quick update today. No new story content, but this will address the bugs that some of you have been experiencing that is making it hard to play through to the end of the storyline. Here's the change log:

Fixed a bug where Frank never stops fighting even after Patrick is knocked out.
Made the response options font a bit smaller (for smaller resolutions)
Added physics to interactive objects (you can now drop them anywhere)
Added sound effects for when some inventory objects are dropped.
Fixed a few other bugs

Eek! Games – 3D and VR Game Development Blog

Faceless

Content Creator
What resolution are you running at? I plan to make the response text fonts a little smaller next build, but they are already kind of small on larger resolutions. Are you able to increase your resolution at all? Anything above 1024x768 should look ok.
Running 1366x786 (windowed), and I get text overlap when an option takes up more than one line (eg the Ashley option "Well this is Madison's house, and you two are fighting...").

mistacorn

Vivacious Visitor
Running 1366x786 (windowed), and I get text overlap when an option takes up more than one line (eg the Ashley option "Well this is Madison's house, and you two are fighting...").

Thanks for the feedback. I have been playing around with the font sizes to correct this so it works on smaller resolutions. I will adjust them down a bit further for the next build.

Neonie

Ryonani Teamster
I have tried the game and I must say it is very catching, really loving it so far! Is there already H-Content in the game?

mistacorn

Vivacious Visitor
Hey guys,

I’ve been getting a lot of great feedback from all of you and I just wanted to talk a little bit about my train of thought as to the direction I’m taking House Party. As a lot of you know, when I started the project, I was much more focused on the engine than anything, and the story-line direction was kind of up in the air. Since then, I’ve been working in suggestions by you guys and just kind of making the story work somehow. A lot of people have been commenting on the replay value and how all of the story-lines kind of mesh together, and the game has felt very linear. All of this is about to change.

Now that the engine is working rather well, I’ve given a lot of thought to the story-lines. What I’ve decided, is to change House Party in a way where you will be able to get to “Endings”. You will essentially, on each game-play be able to focus on doing things in a particular way that enable a particular ending. It won’t be possible to unlock multiple endings in one play-through. At the end of the main game-play, you will be forced into a particular ending based on how you played the game.

The first ending will be actually being able to play the strip game with Rachael, Ashley, and Brittney. This is the first ending I am working on. Once you unlock an ending, you will be able to immediately go into it and play it again via the game menu. Some of you have already have played through and understand how to unlock the card game (though this may change as I start writing other endings), so from this point, you would initiate the game by getting to the point in the main game where Brittney gives you the option to start the strip game, and it will take you out of the main game, and into your strip game “Ending”. I think this is a pretty cool way to do it, and from that point on, you will be able to select the Card Game directly from the House Party Main Menu, and bypass all of the other stuff. It will also be possible to chain endings together, meaning you have to solve one ending to get to the next one. So the card game could evolve into more after all of the girls are naked. Let me know what you guys think.

The other endings I have in mind are:

– Blackmail Katherine Ending
– Make Up With Madison Ending

These two endings listed above are where I’ll be getting into sex scenes (which I know, I know, I haven’t approached yet), but I am saving that stuff for last mostly because I want the payoff to be big when I get to a final version of this game.

I am also open to suggestions on other possible endings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.