Help needed - Blade & Soul NA/EU costume modding (2 Viewers)

G

grenadier42

There are many things inside the UPK file that point to other places in the file and if the size changes those pointers will then point to the wrong things and the game will puke on it.

I don't remember a huge amount about UE3 package format; do individual objects refer to each other via relative offset (directly) or through the export table? I vaguely remember being able to "swap" skeletal meshes in TERA by appending an armor mesh object onto the end of the file, and editing the export table to point the old mesh object at the new copy. This worked fine since TERA doesn't give a shit about package filesize, and since TERA's models are in the same packages as their textures and skeletons, I didn't need to futz around with the import table or anything. I stopped short of actually editing the appended object though, for lack of time or willingness to figure out the cooked uskelmesh format

Of course BnS doesn't store data the same way, so you'd also have to dick with the import table, and it's probably way more complicated than I remember oh god

stricq

Club Regular
I don't remember a huge amount about UE3 package format; do individual objects refer to each other via relative offset (directly) or through the export table? I vaguely remember being able to "swap" skeletal meshes in TERA by appending an armor mesh object onto the end of the file, and editing the export table to point the old mesh object at the new copy. This worked fine since TERA doesn't give a shit about package filesize, and since TERA's models are in the same packages as their textures and skeletons, I didn't need to futz around with the import table or anything. I stopped short of actually editing the appended object though, for lack of time or willingness to figure out the cooked uskelmesh format

Of course BnS doesn't store data the same way, so you'd also have to dick with the import table, and it's probably way more complicated than I remember oh god

Actually you could likely get away with that in a BnS file as well. Individual objects point to other parts of themselves, but not outside of themselves. That is done through the tables. So it's not nearly as hard as I have read on other sites. Just no one willing to take on the challenge. It looks daunting as a whole, but when you break each file down into it's parts and look at each individually, it's really not that big a deal.

I have a very nice file filtering system in place now. I have the basis for collaborative identification of file/object contents in place as well. So, finishing that and the mass saving objects will precipitate a release. Then I will work on recreating the files into a mod directory.

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
I have a very nice file filtering system in place now. I have the basis for collaborative identification of file/object contents in place as well. So, finishing that and the mass saving objects will precipitate a release. Then I will work on recreating the files into a mod directory.

I neeeeeeeed your program badly <3 (before Naduron mods everything worth doing using uMod v49 which I can't get to work with Win10 {much love to Naduron anyways <3})

c6222848

Avid Affiliate
i just need the program to rename the texture to make the nude mod works with cutscenes, then it will be perfect

c6222848

Avid Affiliate
I have a couple mods in place now and they show in the cut scenes.
yea but most of them are black-white in the first few scene of hongmoon, your cloth are normal but the other girl just wear black-white(sry i don't remember the name). i think it's beacause the name of texture file has been changed and so the game can't read the right texture with the col file

stricq

Club Regular
File notes are now live. These notes can be seen by anyone running the program. The only thing remaining is to save out all the textures in each of the files that has been checked.
UPK.Manager-7.png

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
File notes are now live. These notes can be seen by anyone running the program. The only thing remaining is to save out all the textures in each of the files that has been checked.

*Fidgets in her chair like a child on a long car journey* Are we there yet? Are we there yet? :P

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
Ok, here you go, first version for release:

https://bns.stricq.com/Files/UpkManager.Installer.msi

Remember that you need .Net 4.6.1. The installer will tell you if you don't have it installed and provide a link if needed.

The installer creates a new folder in your Programs Menu called STR Programming Services. You can run the program from here.

Okies... excited now... I've downloaded and installed your program with no problems.
But you have a big advantage, you know how yo use it and I don't... could you give some quick instructions please? <3

hmmm.... put in the first setting as my BnS client folder and the other one (guessing) as where I want to save files to? It's now scanning 21301 UPK files... dunno if this is right or not, gonna take awhile to see what happens at the end since I've only reached about 450 so far.

Last edited:

stricq

Club Regular
Okies... excited now... I've downloaded and installed your program with no problems.
But you have a big advantage, you know how yo use it and I don't... could you give some quick instructions please? <3

hmmm.... put in the first setting as my BnS client folder and the other one (guessing) as where I want to save files to? It's now scanning 21301 UPK files... dunno if this is right or not, gonna take awhile to see what happens at the end since I've only reached about 450 so far.

So far, you've done everything correct. But, it shouldn't be scanning the files. That will take a long time, about an hour or so at least.

Oh I see, you selected one directory level too high, that is what it is scanning. Just open the Settings again and select into the contents directory so that you can see the 'bns' and 'Local' directories listed and save that. Then close the program and restart it.

I'll add some instructions for using it shortly.

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
So far, you've done everything correct. But, it shouldn't be scanning the files. That will take a long time, about an hour or so at least.

Oh I see, you selected one directory level too high, that is what it is scanning. Just open the Settings again and select into the contents directory so that you can see the 'bns' and 'Local' directories listed and save that. Then close the program and restart it.

I'll add some instructions for using it shortly.

That made a huge difference, now got a list of upks which has your notes added for the first 20 or so, but so far I can't see how to preview the dds files to decide if there's something there worth saving.
I assumed I just needed to click the Texture View tab, but that stays blank.
What do I need to do?

PrincessNicky

Content Creator

Okies this is awesome <3
I picked out a few likely candidates until I found something I recognised, the Jin Ivory Bird outfit and the dds file matches the one I managed to capture during the brief time uMod v2 r53 was working.
So I have a mod already prepared for this costume, does the program in it's current form allow me to repack my mod?
If so.... how please? *excited, excited, EXCITED!!!*

stricq

Club Regular
Okies this is awesome <3
I picked out a few likely candidates until I found something I recognised, the Jin Ivory Bird outfit and the dds file matches the one I managed to capture during the brief time uMod v2 r53 was working.
So I have a mod already prepared for this costume, does the program in it's current form allow me to repack my mod?
If so.... how please? *excited, excited, EXCITED!!!*

Anything you want to add a note to, change to the File Detail tab on the right and enter anything you want in the File Notes block. When done, click on the Save button in the bottom right.

Anything you make changes to (or already have changed) just replace the file in the export directory. Be sure to use the same exact file name. That will get it ready for repacking when I get that part working. So, no repacking as of now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.