Help needed - Blade & Soul NA/EU costume modding (1 Viewer)

stricq

Club Regular
For those technically minded and are interested. Here is the class structure after my refactor. I'm still not finished, but close. And, in the meantime I have figured out how to correctly save the DDS files. Just need to get that implemented. Thanks PrincessNicky, big help there.
EntityDiagram.png

Aion must have been easy to mod, all the DDS files are wrapped up in a zip file.

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
For those technically minded and are interested. Here is the class structure after my refactor. I'm still not finished, but close. And, in the meantime I have figured out how to correctly save the DDS files. Just need to get that implemented. Thanks PrincessNicky, big help there.

I looked at your chart thingy and freely admit to understanding nothing.... this part I understand though "I'm still not finished, but close." Keep up the good work stricq, can't wait to try out the application when it's ready <3

c6222848

Avid Affiliate
EntityDiagram.png

Aion must have been easy to mod, all the DDS files are wrapped up in a zip file.

OMG you are so awesome, i can't understand anything but good job ! XD

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
Can someone send me an actual DDS file that was exported from the game. I'd like to take a look at its structure.

I was thinking about the costume texture dds files and thought it might be good to point out that the way they've done it for BnS is to include a texture file for each costume at each of the in-game texture settings.
The highest in-game setting is 5 and the lowest 1. The dds files for setting 5 are 1024x1024 or 1024x512 resolution depending on how complex the costume is. These are the ones of interest to me for modding.
However, as you go down the in-game texture settings, there are also dds texture files for the same costumes with resolutions going down from 512x512 to 256x256.
I can't remember if texture setting 1 is even lower resolution than this, but the image quality by that point is totally crap.
This information may be helpful when you try and sort out which files are useful.

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
Warning... this is just a teaser ;)

So you made your character and got out of Bamboo Village to explore the world...
Soon you find yourself fighting your first world boss with a bunch of random people, and after smacking it down a few times you land a lucky reward at the spinning wheel... you got yourself a costume, and it's actually rather nice :)
If you're a Yun, you're going to look something like this when you wear it:

Yun%20demon_zps1vtemury.jpg

That makes you pretty happy, and you look forward to getting more nice costumes as you carry on your adventures....

But what if...?

What if when you put that costume on you looked like this? :

Yun%20demon1_zpssgmqb3xz.jpg
Yun%20demon2_zpsbzdpjj08.jpg
Yun%20demon3_zps0gmspylb.jpg

Wouldn't it be great to have that choice?

Coming to a BnS near you soon...

lolilove

Vivacious Visitor
How do you get the preview to show?

I believe umod still works in the character select and even the character create sometimes, but the second you try to actually connect into the game world with everyone else in it crashes.

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
How do you get the preview to show?

Providing I time it correctly, I can get about a 30 second window to capture a costume file using uMod 2 before the client crashes.
I get the same time to take screens (FRAPS not in-game) or view mods I'm working on.
It's an epic pain in the butt, takes forever and doesn't allow more than rough work to be done... and like lolilove said, you can't enter the game with the mods showing before the game crashes.
So really, it's not much use for anything, other than for frustrated modders like me to start some mods that can be finished off properly and displayed in game once you complete your app for us stricq.

stricq

Club Regular
Success! I can now export the textures as DDS files and view them in Paint.Net.

For now it can only save one texture at a time. I assume you want to be able to save all textures in a UPK file and likely that you want to be able to find all UPK files containing textures. Let me know how you want it to work.

If anyone wants, I can post a current copy of the program later tonight.

c6222848

Avid Affiliate

For now it can only save one texture at a time. I assume you want to be able to save all textures in a UPK file and likely that you want to be able to find all UPK files containing textures. Let me know how you want it to work.

by saving one texture, do you mean save only one dds
or save D,N,S etc. just like a upk in bns file?

But anyway, thanks so much for hard working!

stricq

Club Regular
by saving one texture, do you mean save only one dds
or save D,N,S etc. just like a upk in bns file?

Only one DDS at a time for right now. That means you have to save the D, N, S each.

I will work on being able to save all of them to a directory at one time but I want to make a nice little framework around that which will make reintegrating the UPK easier.

c6222848

Avid Affiliate
Only one DDS at a time for right now. That means you have to save the D, N, S each.

I will work on being able to save all of them to a directory at one time but I want to make a nice little framework around that which will make reintegrating the UPK easier.
ahhh so i can save multiple dds in a upk file but i only have to do it multiple times?
then that should work in game properly :D
getting exited

PrincessNicky

Content Creator

In most cases the costume mods I'm doing need only one DDS file to be changed to work, though I've come across a couple where some extra accessories were lurking in a second DDS file.
From a UI point of view, it will certainly be handy to be able to identify which UPKs have dds files inside before extracting from them.
I've also noticed that so far the main hi-res costume DDS files are either 1366KB for 1024x1024 resolution or 683KB for 1025x512 resolution. This might make it easier to identify which ones are likely to contain something useful?
I can't wait to try out this program stricq <3

Lucif

Potential Patron

I believe in you, great guru! <3 If it is possible to save after editing D, S and N, we can do the most incredible mods (as shown below). It's not my mod, but I know how to do the same. Ready developments waiting in the wings! And I hope for an early opportunity to test your excellent program.

Sorry for my english.
2XhM2ot49dE.jpg

Naduron

Content Creator
I added a texture view so you can see what each texture is without saving it out to a file.
UPK.Manager-5.png

Omg Yes!!!!
The only thing i want on a extract/import tool :p
So many tools that doesn't have preview, so you are always forced to extract all dds in the client and then look thru 50k DDS just to find the correct armor :p

stricq

Club Regular
You're a genius stricq, how's the re-importing side going?
Totally can't wait to try this program <3

I've been putting a good bit of thought into that. Almost always the textures are at the end of the file. I know I can re-import and re-offset all the textures in a file. That means I (almost) always don't care about the other objects and their offsets the come before the textures. If anything comes after the textures, that can be a problem. But from what I've seen that is rare.

My program does help with finding offsets, though. Later I may go through and see about being able to re-import other object types in the UPK files.

c6222848

Avid Affiliate

here is a youtube video i've found.
there is a BNS TOOL in the description, and it contains almost all of the armor(and the number of upk) and their model previews,
might be helpful .

PS: on the first use, close all the warns and set the gamepath to the right one.

stricq

Club Regular
here is a youtube video i've found.
there is a BNS TOOL in the description, and it contains almost all of the armor(and the number of upk) and their model previews,
might be helpful .

I watched a little of it but since I'm at work, I'll finish it up tonight. I did notice that he is repointing to other packages by hex editing the upk file. I was already planning on allowing edits to the properties and name tables. That can be hard, though, because if you change the size of either of those it will require the whole file to need to be re-built. And that get scary fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.