help dialog question . (1 Viewer)

thegnu

Avid Affiliate
Hey I have lurked here for a long time an started experimenting with revising / enhancing dialogs . I know the dialog lines can handle adding or removing clothes an accessories, an I am learning by trial an error {mostly error} but I am a dumbass an cant figure out how to write the line or lines correctly . such as this an I know these are wrong, how do you do it correctly ? after I finish my ongoing amature project I will post it if I don't burn it first!. HELP PLEASE!
general:" I want to be gagged. [ gags_type. ring_trainer_b]"
general:" I do not want to be gagged.[gags_type.none]"

Deltavoid

Content Creator
do you have DA and its documentation? trying to write dialogues without the documentation is like roaming a forest at night, blindfolded with earplugs in, trying to kill a man whose up in a tree stand and all you have is a spoon. spaces do not work in DA triggers directly, instead requiring the value be stored as a variable. underscores break DA triggers.

Code:
general:"I want to be gagged."{"set":{"da.clothes.gag.type":"Ring Trainer A"}}
or
Code:
initial_settings:{"gag":"Ring Trainer A"}
general:"I want to be gagged.[SETVARBYNAEM_da.clothes.gag.type_gag]"
Code:
general:"I do not want to be gagged.[SETVAR_da.clothes.gag.type_None]"{"style":"thought"}
Also a few tips on writing and debugging dialogues:
Use notepad++. definitely helps out a lot. there are several User-Defined language files for writing SDT dialogues floating around this site including one i made.
check your dialogue with dialogue checker. it is a helpful tool developed and maintained by pim_gd, the same man behind DA. there are 2 versions of it. the online version and the offline version. I have link to my Dictionary Import file for Sby mods (which only works with the offline version).
check the Dialogue editor log.
manually load the monitordialog mod

Last edited:

thegnu

Avid Affiliate
do you have DA and its documentation? trying to write dialogues without the documentation is like roaming a forest at night, blindfolded with earplugs in, trying to kill a man whose up in a tree stand and all you have is a spoon. spaces do not work in DA triggers directly, instead requiring the value be stored as a variable. underscores break DA triggers.

Code:
general:"I want to be gagged."{"set":{"da.clothes.gag.type":"Ring Trainer A"}}
or
Code:
initial_settings:{"gag":"Ring Trainer A"}
general:"I want to be gagged.[SETVARBYNAEM_da.clothes.gag.type_gag]"
Code:
general:"I do not want to be gagged.[SETVAR_da.clothes.gag.type_None]"{"style":"thought"}
Also a few tips on writing and debugging dialogues:
Use notepad++. definitely helps out a lot. there are several User-Defined language files for writing SDT dialogues floating around this site including one i made.
check your dialogue with dialogue checker. it is a helpful tool developed and maintained by pim_gd, the same man behind DA. there are 2 versions of it. the online version and the offline version. I have link to my Dictionary Import file for Sby mods (which only works with the offline version).
check the Dialogue editor log.
manually load the monitordialog mod
hey thanks. dumbass here totally over looked dia. actions. documents .
will take your advice but surely will have other problems ! haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.