Hearthstone: The Bitchwood (3 Viewers)

Pumbloom22

Casual Client
I used a program in development called Special K, and was able to replace the picture in game. however, I need to open the source DDS (from nudestone it was) and rebuild it with mips map super sampling, the result is something like the following:
The first card is just normal Ysera, second card is a successful replacement, and Third card is a failed replacement.
The tool can be downloaded (for now) at:
Kaldaien/SpecialK
I use version 0.10.1. newest version crashes my hearthstone.
some tutorial on installation and activation for hearthstone:
fast foward to Local install - manual install section. This is the easiest way to let it work on hearthstone.
Steam Community :: Guide :: An Unofficial Guide to Special K
tutorial on grabbing and replacing textures:
Steam Community :: Guide :: SpecialK - Dumping and Injecting Textures

Alright euhm people with more time than I do, go and explore! :D, I wouldn't be able to do such a big patch on my own as my study is already exhausting for me. good luck folks!

PS: don't forget to save the texture with mips map generation!

PPS: -force-d3d11!

So I am following the tutorial and editing the dxgi as explained, but the texture dumping isn't happening when i boot up the game. I've been able to inject textures fine, and have been using the textures ErrorMacro posted on #157 but i can't seem to get the texture file dump so i can edit my own.

junbread

Potential Patron
So I am following the tutorial and editing the dxgi as explained, but the texture dumping isn't happening when i boot up the game. I've been able to inject textures fine, and have been using the textures ErrorMacro posted on #157 but i can't seem to get the texture file dump so i can edit my own.
Me too

c6222848

Avid Affiliate
you don't want to dump the texture anyway because it's going to be hard to find the card you wanna swap in 1000 other texture, press ctrl+shift+backspace to open the controlling monitor, then press on the rendered mod tool orsth like that, as explained in second tutorial, then just look for the card u want to dump there, then dump it.

But it is indeed weird that it doesn't dump the texture, do you have force dx11 enabled? I don't remember what I did but it just started dumping the texture after I switched to local installation (with dxgi etc).

zzzerza

Avid Affiliate
Yeah I get the same issue, its really tedious to have to manually dump all the textures. Its making it take a lot longer to replace everything. I have force dx11 enabled, and i changed to dxgi.dll to dump but it just doesn't dump.
Anyway, here's my textures that i've done so far. Some of them are Errormacro's replacements, so credit to him, but i changed some avatars to stuff I prefer and added more cards. I did some battlegrounds cards and avatar replacements as well, might do the rest of it later. I'm not happy with some of the art, some of it doesn't really match the card, so I might replace it later, but it'll do for now.
Let me know if anything is not aligned properly or if the card art doesn't fit the card.

Attachments

textures.zip
18.5 MB · Views: 477

junbread

Potential Patron
Yeah I get the same issue, its really tedious to have to manually dump all the textures. Its making it take a lot longer to replace everything. I have force dx11 enabled, and i changed to dxgi.dll to dump but it just doesn't dump.
Anyway, here's my textures that i've done so far. Some of them are Errormacro's replacements, so credit to him, but i changed some avatars to stuff I prefer and added more cards. I did some battlegrounds cards and avatar replacements as well, might do the rest of it later. I'm not happy with some of the art, some of it doesn't really match the card, so I might replace it later, but it'll do for now.
Let me know if anything is not aligned properly or if the card art doesn't fit the card.
Works perfect, Can't wait to seeing battlegrounds whorestone

zzzerza

Avid Affiliate
Update to the battlegrounds pack. I added some more avatars and fixed a few of the cards being upside down. Also done most of the battlegrounds minions now, there's maybe 10 or 15 minions left to do, and I still need to do the tokens. Again not 100% happy with the art but it'll do for now. It's really hard to find good art that suits some cards, especially the mechs. Thankfully most of the battlegrounds stuff uses the same cards and art as the main game so I can make progress towards both at the same time.

Attachments

textures1.zip
24.4 MB · Views: 428

junbread

Potential Patron
Update to the battlegrounds pack. I added some more avatars and fixed a few of the cards being upside down. Also done most of the battlegrounds minions now, there's maybe 10 or 15 minions left to do, and I still need to do the tokens. Again not 100% happy with the art but it'll do for now. It's really hard to find good art that suits some cards, especially the mechs. Thankfully most of the battlegrounds stuff uses the same cards and art as the main game so I can make progress towards both at the same time.
When you made Vulgar Homunculus gold card It looks like this

LOL

y.dude

Vivacious Visitor
Really appreciate all the hard work guys.

Us non-computer literate people appreciate your time and effort being shared.

I read through the whole thread and will try specialK soon. Hope I can muddle my way through it.

*Note, it may be helpful to the masses to try and get all the steps and downloads in one post when it all gets nailed down.

I'll say it again. Thanks for the time and effort guys.

TNet

Modder
This is my local brew, collecting several textures from Errormacro, zzzerza, and loverslab. I also included Bitchwood-like directory structure for the better management, and several adventure bosses portraits. I hope these would help for your progresses.

Still, it became far different to others because of my own preferences... (I prefer less male, gnome, goblin, guro, more light-touched artworks, etc...)

Attachments

textures.zip
47.8 MB · Views: 483

Last edited:

c6222848

Avid Affiliate
thanks for the work TNet. I also have much difficulties for gnome and goblin and such. I would rather have more pleasing to the eye arts than low quality nude arts.

Pumbloom22

Casual Client
Steadly working through my edits now that I got the hang of the SpecialK and photoshop. I'll post up my Nudestone build next weekend. Been adding a lot of stuff for some classic and some Descent of Dragons cards

y.dude

Vivacious Visitor
GAH. This is rough for the computer illiterate.

Don't think i even got the specialK download correct. Seems all the files aren't under the 0.10.1 heading....only 3 there. Where are the base files?

Also, you can tell me if i'm just in way over my head and i should quit now..........but i will be sad.

c6222848

Avid Affiliate
GAH. This is rough for the computer illiterate.

Don't think i even got the specialK download correct. Seems all the files aren't under the 0.10.1 heading....only 3 there. Where are the base files?

Also, you can tell me if i'm just in way over my head and i should quit now..........but i will be sad.
once everything is settled and people has made a complete package, Im sure they'll include a simple all-in-one extract and enjoy package so you don't have to crank all the settings :tongue:

zzzerza

Avid Affiliate
I sorted my work into the folders that TNet provided and merged mine with his. I've finished almost every battlegrounds minion (apart from a couple of T6 minions) and most of the avatars. Also fixed a lot of the golden cards looking weird, but there's probably a few more to do.
I'll probably make a guide for everyone at some point to show how to install as well as make your own edits.

Attachments

texturepack.zip
66.5 MB · Views: 454

Mastah

Potential Patron
Nice progress. But.. For some reason I can't find prophet velen's golden animation file. If anyone is bored and wants to try to find it maybe something is wrong on my end. Only file that doesn't seem to be anywhere

c6222848

Avid Affiliate
Nice progress. But.. For some reason I can't find prophet velen's golden animation file. If anyone is bored and wants to try to find it maybe something is wrong on my end. Only file that doesn't seem to be anywhere
can't find it either, since that the texture name of velen is also kind of weird 'danaeri2_D' orsth. Maybe they had a special exception and just applied the effect without any mask. but Im not sure.

nvm found it after tweaking some settings which is said should be tweaked if textures are missing Mastah Mastah

Attachments

Uncompressed_FA4B6B09.dds
85.5 KB · Views: 175

Last edited by a moderator:

Pumbloom22

Casual Client
Hi all, here is my texture pack. I took Z zzzerza 's, TNet TNet 's, and Errormacro's packs and added several Standard cards that seemed to be used quite alot. I also tried adding a lot of the tokens that appear like imps, elementals, cats, bees, etc. Haven't touched treants yet since there are like 2 or 3 different pictures for them depending on the card used to make them.

Once the new solo adventure comes out, I will be adding a lot of stuff for that and older solo adventures now that I feel like i have a hang of SpecialK.

Unfortunately, I was a bit lazy when it came to the organization of it so I don't have it in the folders seperated by set like zzerza and TNet do. Anyways, enjoy :3

Attachments

textures.rar
69.9 MB · Views: 435

zzzerza

Avid Affiliate
I've added Pumbloom22 Pumbloom22 's art to mine and sorted it, although I removed a couple of pictures i didn't like. There's also some art that is unsorted since i'm not sure what cards they are for, probably tokens, so i've left them loose now. I've also adjusted a lot of my art to make it fit better as well as updated some of the bad art, although there's probably some more improvements i could do. I've added some new art as well, although i can't remember what is new since the last upload.
I'm still planning to make a guide, just haven't got round to it yet. I might make it a separate topic since so much has changed.

Attachments

textures3.zip
73.5 MB · Views: 761

zzzerza

Avid Affiliate
Here's a quick guide for now, i'll make a more comprehensive one later.

1. Go here, scroll down and download Special K v 0.10.1 and extract the files to your hearthstone game folder. Your hearthstone folder is the with the Hearthstone.exe in it.

2. Rename SpecialK32.dll to dxgi.dll

3. Launch the game. You should get a box at the top of the screen showing some text. If you don't get this you did something wrong. While you have the game open also set your graphics options to high.
4. Close the game. You should now have a file in your hearthstone folder called dxgi.ini. Now go to your battlenet launcher settings, game settings and add -force-d3d11 to the hearthstone command line.

5. Download some textures that people have upload e.g. the textures3.zip I just uploaded like 1 post ago. Extract the textures to the Hearthstone\SK_Res\inject\textures directory. If you don't have this directory then you can just create it manually. Should look like this:

6. Launch the game and enjoy.
7. If you get weird text and number glitches, open your dxgi.ini and paste the following line under the [Textures.Cache] column, then save it and restart the game:
IgnoreNonMipmapped=true

If this doesn't work let me know, i'm mostly doing this off memory.

Edit: Added some images to make the guide idiot proof (hopefully)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.