Hearthstone: The Bitchwood (2 Viewers)

Glaringsoul

Potential Patron
For me, that sounds like it is able to replace the static images, but not the ones from the golden cards.

have you been able to replace any golden cards so far?

c6222848

Avid Affiliate
For me, that sounds like it is able to replace the static images, but not the ones from the golden cards.

have you been able to replace any golden cards so far?
Since I don't have any times, I didnt try, but I can pull the golden cards effect out, so I think it is going to be able to do that as well, and I've noticed that once replaced, the effect remains permanent even after you close the global hook, it is too long ago that I've used the umod one so idk if it was the case too back then

I believe that it is a much more powerful tool than umod, but someone will have to go and extract the texture and edit it again one by one. I dumped all at once but yeah as you can see.. It is quite hard to find the right texture if you have all of them at once.

(single texture selection and dump is ofc also possible like in umod)

PS: if u got the thought because the golden card in my example didnt work, I just forgot to export the swapping dds of that golden card with mip maps.

It works, but idk how well it works..
holy nova, without effect swap, you can see the ring and shadows of the people in the middle
and with effect swap, no magic circle or shadow of people, the part marked green (clothes and hair) is waving, while the body(part marked black) remains stable

Last edited:

TheCardWielder

Potential Patron
Thank you for finding this new program! :D I've actually been giving it a go myself, and I think I've already hit a snag. It seems the program doesn't like to inject files over anything with this original format: DXGI Format R8G8B8A8 UNORM. Now I don't think this affects many things, but I know it affects base Anduin's Golden animation, and as such I cannot change it. Do you know what I might have set up wrong which could solve this issue?

c6222848

Avid Affiliate
Thank you for finding this new program! :D I've actually been giving it a go myself, and I think I've already hit a snag. It seems the program doesn't like to inject files over anything with this original format: DXGI Format R8G8B8A8 UNORM. Now I don't think this affects many things, but I know it affects base Anduin's Golden animation, and as such I cannot change it. Do you know what I might have set up wrong which could solve this issue?
As far as i know, every static card image is of format BC1-UNORM, and every golden animation is of format BC3-UNORM. Besides, in the texture modding tool(where u can dump a specific texture) you can see which format each texture have. Are you sure the original texture is R8G8B8A8? Because if i just copy everything from nudestone it wouldnt work, I need to open it in paint.net and save it to the correct format (BC1 or BC3) to let it inject and work correctly.
Secondly, you might forgot to generate mip maps for the replacement dds. that will cause the image injected to be total black in my case. Try to generate it when replacing the texture

I don't have Anduin's golden animation, but Maiev's golden animation has the format BC3-UNORM for example

You can see that i selected Maiev's animation dds because maiev doesn't have the golden animation she should have.

ALSO 10.1 doesn't crash the game either it seems, and it has better names for everything, so I suggest to work with 10.1 .. I guess

Last edited:

TheCardWielder

Potential Patron
Okay, I'll try the newer version of Special K to see if maybe that might be what's affecting it, but I can assure you that currently, Anduin's golden animations seems to use that odd format. I have got some of the other Heroes with animations to work, such as Tyrande and Maiev, but Anduin just seemed to be oddly formated for his animation. I'll keep you updated if the newer version solves the problem.

PS. I can confirm that Anduin's animation is of that strange format. I tried saving the modified one's mip maps I had in that format to see if that would make it work, but unfortunately, it doesn't seem to. I do remember having to modify a few settings just to get the animation to even be dumped in the first place though. In 0.10.1, it doesn't come up by default, and I've gone through the full list of files the program shows me

Last edited:

Mastah

Potential Patron
I can't even get it to show up but yeah it seems annoying to use as well which motivates me less. I'll keep poking it now and then since it's the only thing we have for now thanks for introducing SpecialK

c6222848

Avid Affiliate
I can't even get it to show up but yeah it seems annoying to use as well which motivates me less. I'll keep poking it now and then since it's the only thing we have for now thanks for introducing SpecialK
follow the tutorial I send, and save the texture in BC1-UNORM with mip maps, did you forgot to create the folder sk_res/inject/textures/hearthstone.exe? or maybe forgot to remove the Compressed_ prefix.
Okay, I'll try the newer version of Special K to see if maybe that might be what's affecting it, but I can assure you that currently, Anduin's golden animations seems to use that odd format. I have got some of the other Heroes with animations to work, such as Tyrande and Maiev, but Anduin just seemed to be oddly formated for his animation. I'll keep you updated if the newer version solves the problem.
Try these animation and see if it replaced the anduin's golden animation, if it doesn't, then IDK.
just throw them into the inject/texture/hearthstone.exe and load the game, you should see changes, afterward, swap it with anduin golden animation to see if it changes anything.
They're R8G8B8A8 with mip maps, works fine on my PC, so i suppose the only thing you need to the mip maps and the format doesn't matter.
Alternatively, Heathstone might not track the texture well for that specific texture, as the tutorial says

and also, the texture that you are already injecting, will NOT show up in that list since it is not a in game texture anymore.
SO if you were trying to inject Anduin golden animation and has it's filename in the inject folder, then the program will NOT load the anduin golden animation dds into the list of used textures

They swaps the animation of premium rexxar and premium jaina as follows:

I have updated my first post with my setting when I save a dds, using paint.net

Attachments

B3E72307.dds
1.3 MB · Views: 153

C2860D6B.dds
1.3 MB · Views: 136

Last edited:

TheCardWielder

Potential Patron
Thank you for the quick reply C c6222848 , I tried out the swapped textures you sent and they worked :D However, further investiagtion showed they are in fact B8G8R8A8 format files, but that's a minor thing. Honestly, I think it might like you said, the golden texture for Anduin just isn't being picked up by the program at all, as I don't even have the modified one in my inject folder and the original still doesn't show up with out some changes to the settings.

All in all, it's a minor thing, that we may be able to fix later on, for now, I think I'll focus on changing what I can with the program, but if we can come up with a potential solution, I am more than happy to test any theories out :)

c6222848

Avid Affiliate
yeah I saved those in B8G8R8A8 just to test if it works xD, and they do. actually any format would do as long as you saved it with mip maps. and as for anduin, I have no way to get the Anduin texture to show in game so I have no way to properly load it.. so you might have to try it out yourself. Try a local install (where you extract the program directly in hearthstone executive folder) and change the setting of unsafeRefCounting, because the setting in global version didn't really work for me. T TheCardWielder

Good luck modding!

Last edited:

Errormacro

Content Creator
Hello Everyone, I also put the program SpecialK, but something I can't do, i dont have "Profile" folder in my programm. can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

c6222848

Avid Affiliate
Hello Everyone, I also put the program SpecialK, but something I can't do, i dont have "Profile" folder in my programm. can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
for the simple installation, just extract SpecialK inside hearthstone.exe folder, and rename SpecialK32.dll to dxgi.dll, then launch the game. setting can be changed in dxgi.ini afterwards

Errormacro

Content Creator
I used a program in development called Special K, and was able to replace the picture in game. however, I need to open the source DDS (from nudestone it was) and rebuild it with mips map super sampling, the result is something like the following:
The first card is just normal Ysera, second card is a successful replacement, and Third card is a failed replacement.
The tool can be downloaded (for now) at:
Kaldaien/SpecialK
I use version 0.10.1. newest version crashes my hearthstone.
some tutorial on installation and activation for hearthstone:
fast foward to Enable for non-Steam games section.
Steam Community :: Guide :: An Unofficial Guide to Special K
tutorial on grabbing and replacing textures:
Steam Community :: Guide :: SpecialK - Dumping and Injecting Textures

Alright euhm people with more time than I do, go and explore! :D, I wouldn't be able to do such a big patch on my own as my study is already exhausting for me. good luck folks!

PS: don't forget to save the texture with mips map generation!

PPS: -force-d3d11!
Thank you very much, you really help) now I know how, incidentally to was better the quality of I reversed the on "R8G8B8A8" for Hi-res

Mastah

Potential Patron
for the simple installation, just extract SpecialK inside hearthstone.exe folder, and rename SpecialK32.dll to dxgi.dll, then launch the game. setting can be changed in dxgi.ini afterwards

I actually got the programs connected because of this tip! The extracting process seems more annoying to work with compared to umod but we'll see... do you have any tips for finding the dds you're looking for? What I'm doing is have it dump everything on the first load, then go through them in live texture view, then go search the ID in the dump folder. Is that the best way to do it? Not sure.. Appreciate any knowledge

Last edited:

zzzerza

Avid Affiliate
I've edited the ini but I still can't seem to get it to dump the textures on load. Not sure why it isn't working. I can manually dump them but it's a pain.

c6222848

Avid Affiliate
I actually got the programs connected because of this tip! The extracting process seems more annoying to work with compared to umod but we'll see... do you have any tips for finding the dds you're looking for? What I'm doing is have it dump everything on the first load, then go through them in live texture view, then go search the ID in the dump folder. Is that the best way to do it? Not sure.. Appreciate any knowledge
I just go to live texture view directly and only dump the ones that i need. select the texture you want to dump and then just press dump to disk. (try to make the window larger if you can't see the texture or the button). but ofc if it's already dumped, the button will be delete dump from disk instead of dumping to disk.

c6222848

Avid Affiliate
I've edited the ini but I still can't seem to get it to dump the textures on load. Not sure why it isn't working. I can manually dump them but it's a pain.
trust me you don't want to auto dump.. you will navigate through all the dds files anyway if you dump it all, because they're not structured and named as in game card name, but they're just random number letter combinations. It didn't work for me in the begin too, then I tried the simpler local installation method(which only activates for hearthstone) and then I can dump it all, look at #151

bradsmybro

Potential Patron
So I have SpecialK running with a local installation and managed to replace textures with what ErrorMacro posted above. But I am having a problem with some of the text. For example when i go to collection my dust total is either blank of shows random letters. This also happens with my gold total. A similar thing happens with my friend list and emotes in game. Is there something I am doing wrong with injecting the textures? The biggest issue is with the gold/dust totals. Since it dont know how to turn SpecialK off I do kinda need to see my gold and dust totals. BlankGold.PNG MageEmote.PNG WarlockEmote.PNG

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.