Guide: How to swap armors in TERA (1 Viewer)

Minoumimi

Potential Patron
i seeee =o very helpfull thanks alot =),
i will try using event02 instead for parlor since it is elin only :3
and i will try again using the old leotards see if i can switch them to the new maid event19 since it has all classes has well =)

But only thing i don't quite understand,
i never needed to edit hexes and strings when i created my meshes before so sorry for being a noob :3
but when u say placing a null char in place of the a what exactly do you mean by 0x00?
do you mean that i need to like
for example *30* = 0 , and *41* = A , Does that mean i have to change the *41* to *00* so it becomes a Dot *.* ?

Concubine

Potential Patron
Have been trying to ask this question for a very long time.

As for switching items between GPK files, if I wanted to switch Vehicle_Horse_EXP.gpk with, let's say Vehicle_Horse_Undead.gpk, how would you go about that? Been trying to get this answered forever. Would you just go in and hex edit swap the skel like you did? @ @

F

flindrake

Is there a easy was to change SkyBlue Polka dot Maillot into the new Elin Chamber Miad costume. I tried hex-edit but cant for the life of me figure it out.

otinane

Potential Patron
To swap animations/emotes you will have to use only for example HighElf_F_ANI.gpk? Cause it has some others like HighElf_F_AttA.gpk, HighElf_F_AttB.gpk etc, what are used for?

Ok,if i open the HighElf_F_ANI.gpk i find some AnimSequence files which contains every skill, action etc On the last of them i find AnimSequence for /sit /dance /ride. With right-click -> show hex it gives me the option to change values.

Should i do it from there? Or is there a copy-paste way?

Do i need an extra program other than UT helper?

I want to swap basic emotes/animations among races (imagine a castanic dances like elin etc)

nihimaru

Potential Patron
hello could someone explain to me step by step how to swap elin r17 with elin h00 ? i already swaped/renamed all 3 files Popori_F_H/L with Popori_F_R and done this steps with Popori_F_H ;

write 17 insted of 00 and 00 insted of 17
this will swap folders with meshes

2. Search for entry ( ctrl + f ) Popori_F_R00_Body_Skel, change to Popori_F_Rxx_Body_Skel
search Popori_F_R17_Body_Skel, change to Popori_F_R00_Body_Skel
search Popori_F_Rxx_Body_Skel, change to Popori_F_R17_Body_Skel

3. Search for entry Popori_F_R00_Bone_Skel, change to Popori_F_Rxx_Bone_Skel
search Popori_F_R17_Bone_Skel, change to Popori_F_R00_Bone_Skel
search Popori_F_Rxx_Bone_Skel, change to Popori_F_R17_Bone_Skel

but H00 still remain default model (eaven thou i copied/renamed Popori_F_R over Popori_F_H)

any help would be apriciated

For all who want to have the R17 full nude on Light and Heavy armor, it is possible.

After you have read the swap armor topic, follow this steps :
- Copy and rename the Popori_F_R.gpk into Popori_F_L.gpk or Popori_F_H.gpk
- Open the copied file with a HexEditor
- Replace all occurence of Popori_F_R by Popori_F_L or Popori_F_H

That's all.

Known issue: Graphical bugs with the weapons but it doesn't matter.
[/quote]

i swaped popori_f_H.gpk with popori_f_r.gpk and changed 00 to 17 and 17 to 00 and r00 to h00 and r17 to h17 (and swapped both adresses 00 with 17) in hex but still i have default heavy armor model textures which is somewhat strange coz theres no heavy armor gpk inside the folder how its that eaven possible ? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Firetu

hi all. please tell me? where you can find detailed video guides or text guides to replace anything in anything in tera??? thanks in advance!!!

M

Makotic

Awesome guide! For those who want to know, while following this guide i came across a section in the code where u can break(make invisible) the weapons held on characters while out of combat.

If you search your respective race's .gpk file via hex editor program you'll come across a group of words that reference to the different weapons held by your race's various classes: socket_Axe, socket_Blaster, socket_Lance, socket_Shield, etc. if you overwrite one of the letters in the name of the weapon/shield with a different character>> Blaster -->Blast3r >> then it will make that weapon invisible, though out-of-combat only.

However, i'm not 100% sure this will work with all classes since i've only done it on my lancer, gunner, and berserker. If someone else wants to test this, then that would be great! Thanks for all the help you guys and keep up the good work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.