Guide: How to swap armors in TERA (1 Viewer)

infinity496

Content Creator
It might be possible, but any way that I can think of would sacrifice everything else from 0-18. So for example, to swap 18 for 21 would mean that 0-17 wouldn't display at all.

evogsr

Potential Patron
If I've over looked this, I apologize.

Is is possible to swap armor types say going from leather for castanic male to metal for castanic male? Within the 0-18 range that is.

Grandorg22

Potential Patron
can someone make Screenshot for that Tutorial? Sad i don´t nothing about Hex Editoring and so is don´t know what is to do there. i want have have Highelf Bikini-Skins for the R02 or R16. But i doesn´t work for me and i have noe clue how it´s working.

Thanks for the help.

vas2891

Potential Patron
I've been wrecking my head for the better part of an hour trying to figure out the animation, but the guide and reading the posts just don't explain it well enough.

I've gotten as far as being able to switch the armors around, but the animation is where I'm at a roadblock. My favorite robe armor is R15 for the Elin, thus I want to use it myself on whichever armor I choose. However, its only the animation that's stopping me since it appears to be one of those cases where its in a separate GPK, and for the life of me, I don't know where to go from there. If I can get some real good pointers maybe, I think I can work from there as that is all I really need.

D

Dreadzone

Is this thread still alive :? I tried this out and but ended up with an invisible body on my Sorcerer. I'm wondering if someone figured out how to edit your Weapons and Races for example Disc to Staff or Human to Castanic etc. Sorry if I'm necroing.

T

Thrakon

I am new to this. I have Naduron's De-Censoring 1.5 mod but have no idea where to throw. Could someone give me a step process on how to get this rolling this?

DarkSheba

Potential Patron
Very good tutorial...After I re-read it a few more times, I'll have to give this a try and see how it turns out.

D

DOSnos2

GPK batch renamer

This has nothing to do with animation, but everything to do with skin replacement, to bypass the file verility in the launcher.
goto HappyCloud\Cache\TERA\Client\S1Game\CookedPC\Art_Data\Packages\CH\PC
make a new text document and paste this:

ren "Castanic_F_H.GPK" "Castanic_F_H_base.GPK"
ren "Castanic_F_L.gpk" "Castanic_F_L_base.gpk"
ren "Castanic_F_R.gpk" "Castanic_F_R_base.gpk"
ren "Highelf_F_H.gpk" "Highelf_F_H_base.gpk"
ren "Highelf_F_L.gpk" "Highelf_F_L_base.gpk"
ren "Highelf_F_R.gpk" "Highelf_F_R_base.gpk"
ren "Human_F_H.gpk" "Human_F_H_base.gpk"
ren "Human_F_L.gpk" "Human_F_L_base.gpk"
ren "Human_F_R.gpk" "Human_F_R_base.gpk"
timeout 1
ren "Castanic_F_H_mod.GPK" "Castanic_F_H.GPK"
ren "Castanic_F_L_mod.gpk" "Castanic_F_L.gpk"
ren "Castanic_F_R_mod.gpk" "Castanic_F_R.gpk"
ren "Highelf_F_H_mod.gpk" "Highelf_F_H.gpk"
ren "Highelf_F_L_mod.gpk" "Highelf_F_L.gpk"
ren "Highelf_F_R_mod.gpk" "Highelf_F_R.gpk"
ren "Human_F_H_mod.gpk" "Human_F_H.gpk"
ren "Human_F_L_mod.gpk" "Human_F_L.gpk"
ren "Human_F_R_mod.gpk" "Human_F_R.gpk"
timeout 1

save as TeraModify.bat
execute TeraModify.bat
copy the new .gpk mods into the folder
make a new text document and paste this:

ren "Castanic_F_H.GPK" "Castanic_F_H_mod.GPK"
ren "Castanic_F_L.gpk" "Castanic_F_L_mod.gpk"
ren "Castanic_F_R.gpk" "Castanic_F_R_mod.gpk"
ren "Highelf_F_H.gpk" "Highelf_F_H_mod.gpk"
ren "Highelf_F_L.gpk" "Highelf_F_L_mod.gpk"
ren "Highelf_F_R.gpk" "Highelf_F_R_mod.gpk"
ren "Human_F_H.gpk" "Human_F_H_mod.gpk"
ren "Human_F_L.gpk" "Human_F_L_mod.gpk"
ren "Human_F_R.gpk" "Human_F_R_mod.gpk"
timeout 1
ren "Castanic_F_H_base.GPK" "Castanic_F_H.GPK"
ren "Castanic_F_L_base.gpk" "Castanic_F_L.gpk"
ren "Castanic_F_R_base.gpk" "Castanic_F_R.gpk"
ren "Highelf_F_H_base.gpk" "Highelf_F_H.gpk"
ren "Highelf_F_L_base.gpk" "Highelf_F_L.gpk"
ren "Highelf_F_R_base.gpk" "Highelf_F_R.gpk"
ren "Human_F_H_base.gpk" "Human_F_H.gpk"
ren "Human_F_L_base.gpk" "Human_F_L.gpk"
ren "Human_F_R_base.gpk" "Human_F_R.gpk"
timeout 1
HappyCloud\Cache\TERA\TERA-Launcher.exe

this line HappyCloud\Cache\TERA\TERA-Launcher.exe needs additional drive information, i.e. c:\HappyCloud\Cache\TERA\TERA-Launcher.exe
Save as teraRunLauncher.bat
execute teraRunLauncher.bat
after the launcher is ready , and the play button is green execute TeraModify.bat
play

for subsequent use:
execute teraRunLauncher.bat
after the launcher is ready , and the play button is green execute TeraModify.bat
play

does not include swimsuit. only includes races: human, elf, caustanic

R

rico7

hmmm what ya mean by "HappyCloud\Cache" ? :confused:

i not see any of that

could ya not show a styp by step guide how to do it

i mean i did the bat file and etc but there other stuff not

Last edited by a moderator:

Judas Nanas

Potential Patron
it has been already asked but, anyone knows a way to swap not only armor textures within an armor type, but within different armor types ? i.e. robe to leather ? thx !

infinity496

Content Creator
@evogsr, Judas Nanas
You should be able to do that by simply replacing all the R's, L's, or H's with within the skeleton names using a hex editor and then renaming the file itself. The only issue is that you must replace ALL the type with another. You cannot pick and choose which leather armors remain leather and which will look like heavy armor.

Example:
If you wanted to make High Elf female heavy armor look like light armor, then within HighElf_F_H.gpk...
Replace HighElf_F_H0_Body_Skel -> HighElf_F_L0_Body_Skel
Replace HighElf_F_H0_Hand_Skel -> HighElf_F_L0_Hand_Skel
Replace HighElf_F_H0_Leg_Skel -> HighElf_F_L0_Leg_Skel
Replace HighElf_F_H00_Body_Skel -> HighElf_F_L00_Body_Skel
Replace HighElf_F_H00_Hand_Skel -> HighElf_F_L00_Hand_Skel
Replace HighElf_F_H00_Leg_Skel -> HighElf_F_L00_Leg_Skel
Replace HighElf_F_H01_Body_Skel -> HighElf_F_L01_Body_Skel
Replace HighElf_F_H01_Hand_Skel -> HighElf_F_L01_Hand_Skel
Replace HighElf_F_H01_Leg_Skel -> HighElf_F_L01_Leg_Skel
etc.

Basically, replace anything like "HighElf_F_H*_Skel" with "HighElf_F_L*_Skel" (including the A, B, and C ones, I believe). Then save that file as HighElf_F_L.gpk.

Now High Elf leather armor for females will look just like the corresponding # of the heavy armors. The heavy armors will still look like heavy armor, because we didn't change that file.

Important!
Remember to BACKUP your target GPK first, and DO NOT save changes directly to the edited file, thus overwriting the source GPK.

A

Azengar

Hi everyone.

First of all, thanks a lot for the explanations, it helped me a lot.

Then my problem, everything is working smooth, however I was wondering if it was possible to also swap armor with the late-game sets since there're in other files (for example Castanic_F_L19, _L20, _L21 etc.).

I tried it but it did not seems to work, I noticed that it was maybe because there're not Package indentifiers at the beginning of those files.

Well, that is my question, any answer will be much appreciated and again, thanks for all.

Judas Nanas

Potential Patron
@evogsr, Judas Nanas
You should be able to do that by simply replacing all the R's, L's, or H's with within the skeleton names using a hex editor and then renaming the file itself. The only issue is that you must replace ALL the type with another. You cannot pick and choose which leather armors remain leather and which will look like heavy armor.

yup i already thought about that and tried it, changed all L to H and vice-versa, but strangely, even when i save the package, names go back to default ones...

and this would work only for golden/silver/black template armors as they are the only ones in the same package

M

mcc

Sorry for asking the same question
I am try to swap the Highelf R00 with R16
I've swaped the all the Skel in Highelf_F_R.gpk and leave Bone untouched
Dnd just like Tricks said before. downside skirt always point down.
According to the tutorial now I've to swap the animation to make it work
But I Still can't fugure out what I should swap
I've swap the file names for HighElf_F_Att16_ANI.gpk and HighElf_F_Att00_ANI.gpk
But I don't know what I've to swap in both of these files
I've tried to swap
HighElf_F_Att00_ANI > HighElf_F_Att16_ANI
HighElf_F_Class05_Att00_Anim > HighElf_F_Class05_Att16_Anim
HighElf_F_Class07_Att00_Anim > HighElf_F_Class07_Att16_Anim
HighElf_F_Class08_Att00_Anim > HighElf_F_Class08_Att16_Anim
HighElf_F_R_Share_Att00_Anim > HighElf_F_R_Share_Att16_Anim
HighElf_F_R_Share_Att00_Anim_Level3I > HighElf_F_R_Share_Att16_Anim_Level3I
HighElf_F_R_Share_Att00_Anim_Level3S > HighElf_F_R_Share_Att16_Anim_Level3S
HighElf_F_R_Share_Att00_Anim_Level3T > HighElf_F_R_Share_Att16_Anim_Level3T
and vice vesa
but nothing have changed..
does anyone can tell me exactly what I should swap to make animation correct?

Minoumimi

Potential Patron
im trying to do this with the new maid outfit,
since the pirate set is super cheap i am trying to use it to change all armors to pc_event08
so i could simply change the gpk when wanted, because i have pirate on all my chars..

But i am either simply too stupid too understand which most likely is the case..cause i have a hard time with written tutorials
or is it simply not working for costumes? if not anyone knows of a video for this? would help me alot i can't understand this :3

Every posts in here seems to be related to the game armors L_R_H and not pc_event
so maybe i am just wasting my time on something that doesn't work to start with?
Does it work on outfitter costumes also?

Basically i want PC_event19A to become PC_event08
but i don't see where to change that 02 - 03 value you speak of..

All i got in front of every line is
00 00 00 00 00 10 00 07 00 1B 00 00 00
now i tried changing the 10 into 09 if not tried to 07 into 06 or tried 2B

soo ok...What i am doing is i take pc_event19a out and rename everything to pc_event08 in hex edit
and change the value 10 to 09
Then renamed the pc_event19a File to pc_event08 and game crashes

So then i tried
to Open PC_event08 instead and change everything to pc_event19a without having to rename the gpk
changed value from 10 to 11 or the 07 to 08 both didnt work game crash again
Now i wonder maybe because the 19A is elin only i need to use another elin only pack maybe

or seriously what am i doing wrong...i looks so easy in the tutorial and i am doing i think everything i shoulld be doing..
Hope this thread still active =o
And sorry for being too stupid to understand but i really want to get this going...always so simple but i just dont get it xD

infinity496

Content Creator
You should only need to rename "19a" to "08", placing a null char ("0x00") in place of the "a". Since the strings are null terminated, an extra null won't hurt, but changing the file size (by even 1 byte) will cause the game to crash. In other words, there is no need to adjust the character count in front of the names. Only when you have to grow the names is there a need to adjust that number, and likewise cut out an identical number of bytes somewhere else in the file.

It is possible to swap event costumes. I did this myself, but keep in mind... if there is not a costume with the original names for each of the original costumes in the replacement GPK, then the missing ones will cause people wearing them to become walking heads and possibly crash your game client as well.

From the sound of it anyone using the pirate costume (except Elin) will have no body. You might consider using an alternative costume pack that is a closer match to the one you're replacing it with (i.e. Elin only). It should work however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.