Good flash version to use? (1 Viewer)

songxang

Potential Patron
Hi I wanted to know which version of Flash (or any program used to make vanilla mods) I should use. I'm looking for one that takes up the least amount of hard drive space, but still works well. From what I've looked up, Flash tends to have a lot of features in their newer versions that don't have anything worth using for SDT. Any thoughts?

D

Doomknight

When you say Flash, do you mean the Development Environment or the Player?

If you mean the Development Environment, I'm sure there is freeware versions around or pirate Flash CS5.0 / 5.5 (as those were the ones Konashion had suggested way back when he included Vanilla Import functionality with his Template)

If you mean the Flash Player, try version 10 or 11, if you can find it.

Gameboy739

Vivacious Visitor
Doomknight said:
When you say Flash, do you mean the Development Environment or the Player?

If you mean the Development Environment, I'm sure there is freeware versions around or pirate Flash CS5.0 / 5.5 (as those were the ones Konashion had suggested way back when he included Vanilla Import functionality with his Template)

If you mean the Flash Player, try version 10 or 11, if you can find it.
Never figured out why people like to use the earlier versions of flash player, why is that? Also, what does sa mean at the end of it?

D

Doomknight

I don't know why people suggest version for the standalone player 10 or 11, its just seems to be a common thing suggested by people like Modguy or Sby. So... ask them why they suggest it to get a more full answer.

As I don't know what you are referring to when you say SA, it could possibly stand for "Standalone" if you were implying that SA is at the end of Flash Player.

sby

Content Creator
Coder
i suggest grabbing the latest standalone flash player, not necessarily the 10th or 11th.

they were probably the latest version when people asked which one to grab

toor73

Potential Patron
I don't know why people suggest version for the standalone player 10 or 11
2hpotol.png

vs
154vneb.png

sby

Content Creator
Coder
hmm, maybe i should have put flash player 10 in my modpack then.
the difference in fps does seem to be consistent with about 3-4

edit - gameboy should probably turn down their quality settings and strand shaders if they are getting 11 xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.