General questions about online roleplaying (1 Viewer)

DeceptionCircus

Ryonani Teamster
A lot of people here on the forums seem to be experienced roleplayers, but I'm certain there are a lot of people with no previous experience whatsoever as well. The format and rules of play may be either vague or hard to grasp for newcomers. I was hoping people could ask general questions about roleplaying from the more experienced users on this thread.

I personally have notable experience in pen-and-paper RPGs and LARP, but am totally oblivious to online RP. I'll therefore start abusing the thread by presenting a question.

- How do you go on about doing the actual roleplaying? Do you post in a forum thread? Use PMs? Chat? IRC?

I've got some more questions, but I hope this will suffice to get the discussion going. Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to answer.

*edit: Simplified

Last edited by a moderator:

noice1

Potential Patron
The basic way I've gone about it is to communicate (OOC) in private and make a thread (if on a forum). You'll have everything worked out and from there it's just back and forth trading posts. If you want to establish some rules, direction or don't like where it's going, leave it out of thread.

With this RP in particular, I've actually been a little lost myself, but that might be because I've been expecting True Succubus to, you know, get everything rolling for us. I'm sure I misunderstood so I went ahead and made a thread. If I was wrong, at least it's ok, I set it up to be just a prologue that can be independent of City of Supers if needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.