First hair, seeking critique. (1 Viewer)

PrimeEmu16

Potential Patron
Hey guys, just got done with my first hair. I was originally going to do edi due to the fact that I thought no one did her yet but I found out that someone did a fantastic job of it already. So I decided to do the female lead Kat (katherine) Vance from Phillip M. Jackson's sequential art webcomic. I am now starting to work on a few other catgirls to go with an upcoming neko dialogue that im now working on. So please tell me what you think, I am new to this site (and forums in general) so please be kind with your critisicm whether it be positive or negative.
Also if you have a Catgirl you might want to throw at me I'll probably be happy to do it.
Finally, I apologize for the scratchy sketchy look of the hair, Im still not all that used to drawing on a tablet so this whole thing has been a learning experience for me.
Enjoy! :)

Attachments

• KatVance.png
    KatVance.png
    95.7 KB · Views: 1,045
  • screenshot0002.png
    screenshot0002.png
    370.8 KB · Views: 3,562

Maineim

Content Creator
First of all you should erase some of the dirt outside of the hair. (add a plain layer os some color like green to see better).

What software are you using? Maybe there are ways to smooth the drawings (in Gimp for example there is an option in the brush tool)

Zero 7

Content Creator
I think it looks good for your first, so congrats. By the way, which program did you use, when I get done with my pile of work, I'd like to make some imports myself.

PrimeEmu16

Potential Patron
Maineim said:
First of all you should erase some of the dirt outside of the hair. (add a plain layer os some color like green to see better).

What software are you using? Maybe there are ways to smooth the drawings (in Gimp for example there is an option in the brush tool)

By dirt do you mean the black skethy outline..? Im using corell painter eleven so I'll look into seeing if it has a brush tool. Thanks!

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
PrimeEmu16 said:
Maineim said:

By dirt do you mean the black skethy outline..? Im using corell painter eleven so I'll look into seeing if it has a brush tool. Thanks!
Looks pretty good for a first import, look into using the freeform pen tool or something of the equivalent for Corell Painter 11. Freeform pen tool will draw a line like the brush tool, but when you pick up your stylus, it will smooth out the lines.

PrimeEmu16

Potential Patron
yeah so I took some advice and used a softer airbrush and used a feathering technique. This one is much better imo. anyways it's aeris from vgcats. I tried looking for a good background that would suit it. I might just have to make one myself haha.

Attachments

• Aeris.png
    Aeris.png
    145.5 KB · Views: 458
aerisscreenshot
319.2 KB · Views: 987

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.