Fiction related feature improvements (1 Viewer)

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
Hey y'all, I know sometimes we get scoped into our areas of interest/concern and don't look too far beyond so I wanted to pose this question in this sub-forum.

I know a few years back I attempted to roll out the resource manager as an additional avenue for posting fiction, but most of you have chosen to continue posting in the forums. I really don't fault anyone for not using the RM to host their written work, particularly since I really botched the roll out and communication pieces of that project.

We've had an influx of dollars to support expansion of features to the site with outside developer work for the next year so I wanted to see if there are any features from other sites or communities you feel could be implemented here to make the process of writing/posting/reading each other's work more enjoyable or streamlined.

One feature I came across from the developer that created the Discord integration features is this:

Let me know if this is a feature you would make use of or feel free to bring up any other pain points here or in the suggestion box forum with recommendations:

HurfBlurf

Supporter (Tier 3)
The feature would be good to have in threads that contain fiction since they tend to attract some answers/discussion. From how I understood this, it'd be possible to circumnavigate those if you just want to read the fiction.

Would it be possible to integrate the RM with the forum in a way that e.g. by using the associated BBCode/Addon, a work of fiction would automatically be mirrored in the RM, chapter by chapter?

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
There's no built-in functionality to mirror forum threads into the RM, although there is an option to automatically create forum threads when a resource is created.

The Thread Chapters add-on I linked is only usable in the first post of a forum thread. I can clarify with the developer if the functionality is available for the RM, but since they didn't mention it specifically as a supported feature, my guess is that it's not supported on the RM without some additional coding since the description calls out specifically it relies on BBCode in combination with template modifications on threads.

This does open up a larger question for me: do you guys see value in the rating/review system in the RM or do you prefer the informal approach of just posting your thoughts and signaling your appreciation with that in combination with the Likes system on the forums?

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
This is another option as well:

This let's the author mark certain posts in a thread as part of a chain and build a TOC like visual and is useful for stories or long running threads in general.

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
Just been tooling around a bit with prefixes and seeing how they look visually. This isn't a permanent change so I'm not asking anyone to go back and prefix all their previous posts.

Any desire for one-dimensional categorization here in terms of prefixes or subforums?

We're implementing some additional tagging functionality on the front-end and back-end the SDT Community has requested so that covers multi-dimensional categorization.

If y'all have any thoughts or suggestion, feel free to post here or the suggestion box.

TheCrimsonRisk

Ryonani Teamster
Just been tooling around a bit with prefixes and seeing how they look visually. This isn't a permanent change so I'm not asking anyone to go back and prefix all their previous posts.

Any desire for one-dimensional categorization here in terms of prefixes or subforums?

We're implementing some additional tagging functionality on the front-end and back-end the SDT Community has requested so that covers multi-dimensional categorization.

If y'all have any thoughts or suggestion, feel free to post here or the suggestion box.
Just noticed the prefixes. Pretty cool!

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.