DOA5:LR HQ Swimwear Normal Maps (1 Viewer)

holdenmcclure

Content Creator
Preview1.jpg
Preview.jpg

About:
This mod aims to improve the quality of the normal maps to add definition to the butt, nipples and occasionally privates of most of the swimwear themed costumes. The effect can range from subtle to very noticeable. Currently for 28 costumes.

Installation:
Place contents of the "normal maps" folder into GeDoSaTo's texture override directory for DOA5:LR, which should be simply referred to as "game". Textures can be adapted to uMod but need to be re-pathed manually for it.

Attachments

HQ_NM_ Swimwear_2.0.7z
9.5 MB · Views: 4,255

Last edited by a moderator:

holdenmcclure

Content Creator
I don't use GeDoSato, so can i only use uMod to add ?

If you don't use GeDoSaTo I'd highly recommend it. It has stronger compatibility with other post processing injectors, and it's more stable. However, if you insist on using uMod, you'd need to find what the filenames are for the corresponding normal map textures and rename them so that uMod will recognize them. GeDoSaTo and uMod don't know the original filenames because they just read them off the RAM instead of from data archives, so they just create a randomized filename.

Y2Ryoko

Potential Patron
Is it possible to use common mods (the ones intended for use in uMod) with GeDoSaTo by also dropping them into the DOA5LR directory? Or would I have to run uMod and GeDoSaTo simultaneously to combine these normal maps with other mods?

holdenmcclure

Content Creator
Is it possible to use common mods (the ones intended for use in uMod) with GeDoSaTo by also dropping them into the DOA5LR directory? Or would I have to run uMod and GeDoSaTo simultaneously to combine these normal maps with other mods?

No. The file names are generated by the program so dropping them in the same directory doesn't work. You'd have to find the filenames appropriate for each injector and use one or the other. I'd REALLY suggest all modders out their for DOALR to seriously consider importing their work over to GeDoSaTo as it's simply a better program.

Sinyu

Potential Patron
For those that want to get this mod to work. Here's a more detailed instruction.

Download GeDoSaTo's latest version. Google it.

Start up the program.
Go to Edit Settings
Hash tag out the resolution you wouldn't be using.
ex.
#renderResolution 3200x1800@60
renderResolution 3840x2160@60
#renderResolution 4480x2520@60
#renderResolution 5120x2880@60
#renderResolution 7680x4320@60

Do a CTRL+F to search for enableTextureOverride

Change false to true

Click on save and close that window screen

Click on Whitelist

and add in this line:

game || Dead or Alive 5 Last Round

Save and Close

click on User Whitelist
and add in this line:

game

Save and Close

Locate where you've installed GeDoSaTo
ex.
C:\GeDoSaTo\
Create a folder in \GeDoSaTo\textures\ and name it game
In this new game folder, create another folder call override
Finally, take the extracted contents from HQ_NM_ Swimwear_2.0.7z (or whatever latest version) in the Normal Maps folder
and move it into the new folder you've created named override
Make sure you don't move the Normal Maps folder into it.
The .dds files need to be in the root folder of override

If you have the .dds files in \GeDoSaTo\textures\game\override\Normal Maps\ you did it wrong.
The .dds files just need to be in \GeDoSaTo\textures\game\override\

Next, create a folder in \GeDoSaTo\config\ and name it game
Then created a file call GeDoSaTo.ini in the new game folder.

You can leave this file blank or you can give it specific settings.
I edited mine so the game would always use this setting before looking at the default settings from config\GeDoSaTo.ini

If you want to give it a fixed setting for DoA5 LR

Go back to the GeDoSaTo program and click on Edit Settings

At the bottom where it say Profile: config\GeDoSaTo.ini - click on the drop down arrow
and find config\game\GeDoSaTo.ini

Then just add in these lines. Change the resolution to whatever you're capable of handling.

presentWidth 0
presentHeight 0
presentHz 60

presentInterval -1

Make sure you're not using any other custom mods such as the mod_resolution.ini fix that uses the D3DX9.DLL file. As it would interfere with loading GeDoSaTo properly.

Then just start up the game and check for results. You'll know GeDoSaTo is working if you see the down sampling message on top of your screen.

Enjoy.

holdenmcclure

Content Creator
For those that want to get this mod to work. Here's a more detailed instruction.

Download GeDoSaTo's latest version. Google it.

Start up the program.
Go to Edit Settings
Hash tag out the resolution you wouldn't be using.
ex.
#renderResolution 3200x1800@60
#renderResolution 4480x2520@60
#renderResolution 5120x2880@60
#renderResolution 7680x4320@60

Do a CTRL+F to search for enableTextureOverride

Change false to true

Click on save and close that window screen

Click on Whitelist

and add in this line:

game || Dead or Alive 5 Last Round

Save and Close

click on User Whitelist
and add in this line:

game

Save and Close

Locate where you've installed GeDoSaTo
ex.
C:\GeDoSaTo\
Create a folder in \GeDoSaTo\textures\ and name it game
In this new game folder, create another folder call override
Finally, take the extracted contents from HQ_NM_ Swimwear_2.0.7z (or whatever latest version) in the Normal Maps folder
and move it into the new folder you've created named override
Make sure you don't move the Normal Maps folder into it.
The .dds files need to be in the root folder of override

If you have the .dds files in \GeDoSaTo\textures\game\override\Normal Maps\ you did it wrong.
The .dds files just need to be in \GeDoSaTo\textures\game\override\

Next, create a folder in \GeDoSaTo\config\ and name it game
Then created a file call GeDoSaTo.ini in the new game folder.

You can leave this file blank or you can give it specific settings.
I edited mine so the game would always use this setting before looking at the default settings from config\GeDoSaTo.ini

If you want to give it a fixed setting for DoA5 LR

Go back to the GeDoSaTo program and click on Edit Settings

At the bottom where it say Profile: config\GeDoSaTo.ini - click on the drop down arrow
and find config\game\GeDoSaTo.ini

Then just add in these lines. Change the resolution to whatever you're capable of handling.

presentWidth 0
presentHeight 0
presentHz 60

presentInterval -1

Make sure you're not using any other custom mods such as the mod_resolution.ini fix that uses the D3DX9.DLL file. As it would interfere with loading GeDoSaTo properly.

Then just start up the game and check for results. You'll know GeDoSaTo is working if you see the down sampling message on top of your screen.

Enjoy.

Thank you for your help.

syfjhz22

Potential Patron
No. The file names are generated by the program so dropping them in the same directory doesn't work. You'd have to find the filenames appropriate for each injector and use one or the other. I'd REALLY suggest all modders out their for DOALR to seriously consider importing their work over to GeDoSaTo as it's simply a better program.
Experienced weird problem when switching one of my mod from uMod to GeDoSaTo...
pO9P3A5.png

Below is edited skin file
3f328547

It looks like a shadow problem because of GeDoSaTo.

Does anyone has any clue of how I could fix it? Thanks a lot!

holdenmcclure

Content Creator
Experienced weird problem when switching one of my mod from uMod to GeDoSaTo...
View attachment 23913

Below is edited skin file
3f328547

It looks like a shadow problem because of GeDoSaTo.

Does anyone has any clue of how I could fix it? Thanks a lot!

You must have done something very strange when you configured your DDS options because I just recompressed it in DDS again and it's fine now.
http://a.pomf.se/owllbu.7z
What's this texture supposed to do anyways? 4mb seems kind of heavy for a 1024 map. Am I missing something here?

syfjhz22

Potential Patron
You must have done something very strange when you configured your DDS options because I just recompressed it in DDS again and it's fine now.
http://a.pomf.se/owllbu.7z
What's this texture supposed to do anyways? 4mb seems kind of heavy for a 1024 map. Am I missing something here?
Really appreciate your help!

I changed nail colour to normal in this map, that's all... >_<

holdenmcclure

Content Creator
I found a problem with GeDoSaTo actually. It seems to not want to dump volume textures such as the skin normal maps. I think it's because volume maps are a DDS function and for some reason GeDoSaTo dumps textures in TGA format? Yet for some reason it reads texture overrides in DDS and PNG. Very nonsensical. If anyone knows how to get GeDoSaTo to dump as DDS I'd appreciate it.

syfjhz22

Potential Patron
I found a problem with GeDoSaTo actually. It seems to not want to dump volume textures such as the skin normal maps. I think it's because volume maps are a DDS function and for some reason GeDoSaTo dumps textures in TGA format? Yet for some reason it reads texture overrides in DDS and PNG. Very nonsensical. If anyone knows how to get GeDoSaTo to dump as DDS I'd appreciate it.
A person at a Chinese forum released a fix for uMod r53 compatible with post processing injectors.

Maybe it's time to switch back to uMod?...

https://mega.co.nz/#!QYsmwShC!ll8BbYq3kMYglE4GKlWvvSJb3HCfUYlN9NHt0FtrtPs

holdenmcclure

Content Creator

Sinyu

Potential Patron
A person at a Chinese forum released a fix for uMod r53 compatible with post processing injectors.

Maybe it's time to switch back to uMod?...

https://mega.co.nz/#!QYsmwShC!ll8BbYq3kMYglE4GKlWvvSJb3HCfUYlN9NHt0FtrtPs

To be honest, I like GeDoSaTo better for loading the textures. It's just easier to just start the program up and know the mods are working. Sure it's a bit troublesome to get it going, but once you have it set up. From then on, all you have to do is just place all the DDS files into the override folder and start the game up to see the changes while having GeDoSaTo running in the background.

Not all this nonsense with uMod:

uMod have too many repeating steps that get annoying. Gotta start uMod up. Start the Game up. Tab out of the game and hit reload on the textures. and/if you have new textures, drag them into uMod and reload them. Tab back into the game to see the changes while getting various performance issues with input lag and what not.

holdenmcclure

Content Creator
To be honest, I like GeDoSaTo better for loading the textures. It's just easier to just start the program up and know the mods are working. Sure it's a bit troublesome to get it going, but once you have it set up. From then on, all you have to do is just place all the DDS files into the override folder and start the game up to see the changes while having GeDoSaTo running in the background.

Not all this nonsense with uMod:

uMod have too many repeating steps that get annoying. Gotta start uMod up. Start the Game up. Tab out of the game and hit reload on the textures. and/if you have new textures, drag them into uMod and reload them. Tab back into the game to see the changes while getting various performance issues with input lag and what not.

I vastly prefer GeDoSaTo as well, but it refuses to dump volume textures and for some reason exports to TGA for some retarded reason, so I guess I'll be switching to uMod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.