DOA5LR: Wet shirt mod (1 Viewer)

Benn82

Potential Patron
I hate all of wet's mod for obvious reason. How the hell less than 60s fighting can make my heroine sweat ? :mad:
But it look so nice if they got wet tho... :p

RexHarbinger

Potential Patron
Um... well, it's hot, and they are very hydrated, and they're under a lot of stress, and it is a very intense workout for such a short period. Um, also, after only 60 seconds they are usually only around 40% wet. After two rounds, maybe 80% (I guess unless the rounds run long).
That's why, to test the outfits, I usually just throw them in the water. It's the quickest way to get the ladies 100% wet (short of Barry Manilow).

RexHarbinger

Potential Patron
Well, I'm working on an all gym outfit pack, but I've run into a bit of a conundrum...
(REDACTED)
Solved it!
Hopefully I still have time to crank out the gym outfit pack this weekend...

Last edited by a moderator:

Benn82

Potential Patron
Are there any trainer/cheat outhere that can make "Wet" state on and off ?
I had searched, but no success. If there's such a cheat, it will be good to all of the 'Wet mods'.

RexHarbinger

Potential Patron
I really don't know about that Degorro82. I'm only working on the textures within the framework of the game rather then changing the rules of the game. It could be possible to replace all of the dry maps with wet maps so that they look wet all the time, but that is beyond the scope of this mod. Also, I kind of like the gradual change from one to the other.

RexHarbinger

Potential Patron
New pack released!
The theme is Gym Outfits.
You may notice that when the shirt is dry, she has hardly any pokies, almost not noticeable unless you are looking for it. But when she gets wet, she has a full nipple stand.
Now these outfits are all fairly similar because, well, sometimes studios are a bit lazy. In fact, I think two of the models share the exact same normal map (same address and everything).
Still looking for some feedback, so let me know what you think.

RexHarbinger

Potential Patron
Thanks, I was wondering when someone would mention that. It started when I accidentally caught one of the first screenshots with her eyes closed, and it looked a lot better then the others with their eyes open. So I took all the rest the same way. Just requires a bit of timing.

Ayriez

Potential Patron
I'm new to the whole modding and uMod scene, and even though I've followed all the guides I've found I still can't get them to work.. everytime I drag and drop the zipped files into uMod and click update and all that, the gals are still not showing off their nipples.

I tried using uMod v1 after this, and found an error when trying to add the files, ie "Could not send to game. Could not find hash, maybe file is not named as *_HASH.dds" and then a bunch of repeats of the file location and that it couldn't find the hash.. please help >.< !

RexHarbinger

Potential Patron
Ayriez:
https://code.google.com/p/texmod/downloads/list
This is where we are downloading uMod from, I wouldn't suggest getting it anywhere else. I think most of us are using V2 r53 or V2 r49. That may be the main problem.
Generally, to reduce crashing, what I do is start the game, add the zip files, exit the game, then restart the game. I think adding or removing the files while it is running increases the chances of crashing. Probably something related to memory allocation.

gvzfans

Potential Patron
marie rose's school uniform please :o

doa5u___marie_rose__school_uniform_wet.jpg

Ayriez

Potential Patron
So, I'll walk you through what I did and let's see what I did wrong..

I downloaded V2 r53, tried to add the game. it worked(?) and then I launched it, but it didn't open another tab or anything.. this confused me so I jumped ship.

I then downloaded V2 r49, added the game.exe, I clicked off Global hook, launched it through steam. I then (after putting the zip files inside umod folder where the example ones were?) dragged and dropped them into the new game tab.. right clicked and updated them all just because, exited the game, relaunched, they were all gone, so I ended up making a template(?), relaunched the game, they were all there so it seemed like something was right, but nothing had changed..

Anymore advice? >__<

RexHarbinger

Potential Patron
gzfans,
I'm sorry, I don't have that outfit. I only have the default outfits and the pre-order DLC pack.

Ayriez,
Sounds like you're very close. I've using V2 r53, I clicked 'Main' + 'Add game', browsed to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Dead or Alive 5 Last Round", added the "game.exe" file, clicked open. Then I made sure that 'Main' + 'Use global hook' had a check mark next to it (not sure if when you say you clicked it off, if you meant you checked it or unchecked it). Then open Steam, 'Library' + Dead or Alive 5 Last Round' + 'Play'. The game should start up and uMod should get a new tab 'game'. Drop the zip files of any uMod mods (or loose texture files) into the bottom half of the screen. The file name of the texture tells uMod where it should go in your game's memory (I think). The Update button is only needed when you change the files while the game is running. Because of how often the game crashes when I click update (not every other time, but still pretty often), I prefer to shut down the game and start it through Steam again. That way the game loads up with the modded texture files.
Note, there are two other ways of using uMod with a game, and not all of them work with each game. With that said, you should only ever use a single method. So don't mess with the d3d9.dll in the uMod directory, and don't use 'Start game through uMod'.
That is about as detailed as I can get, I hope it helps.

RexHarbinger

Potential Patron
I've learned a lot doing these mods, and feel that my technique is much better then when I started, but it is time to begin bringing this to a close.
My next pack will be my last, but best. After I get a few more new outfits done (so there will be some new ones in the last pack), I'm going to go over all my old outfits and redo them with the new method, then release the final pack that contains all of the outfits I've done, only in the new style. Also, some of the textures were losing too much detail when they were saved with the same compression as the original, so for those, they will be uncompressed. I've spotted a few mistakes here and there that I'd like to clean up. And finally, after much research on the internet of wet shirts and no bras :D I think I can make some of them look a bit more realistic.

When I upload the final pack, I'm removing the individual packs. This will simplify loading all of them at once. However, as always, if there are only one or two you want (or even one or two you don't want), they are kept in separate folders inside the zip for your convenience. There is occasional cross talk when DOA5LR reuses textures, but the most this should result in is a character getting the occasional unexpected pokie. Although, I've found that for the very first mod I did, Marie Rose 01, it also modded Marie Rose 04, which was a nice surprise. If you want to keep the original versions (which I don't recommend, but who knows), you should get them before I finish. No rush though, because it is a lot of do-over work and I don't know when I'll be done.

RexHarbinger

Potential Patron
Sorry I haven't been around as much, real life has been kicking my ass. I'm still going through and fixing mistakes I made on my early packs. It will be easier as I go along because I made fewer mistakes (that I've found) on my later packs.

wongthida: No I can't convert it to a DLC pack for a very good reason. I paid for the game, and I can't use DLC packs that I haven't bought from Steam. So I have no way of testing or using any of the DLC pack mods. Also, uMod is nice that it doesn't discriminate against those who bought the game. Now I've heard here and there of some other methods of modding the game (still hooking and inserting) and if any of them give a better user experience then uMod then I might convert it to that.

Kassarc16

Potential Patron
marie rose's school uniform please :o

View attachment 24143
Check out this collection, there's one that should fit nicely.

Very nice, a touch of sexy realism. As for what to release, ANY costume you deem worthy of a wet shirt touch that looks reasonably well and makes sense would be great to have.

Top of my head, Kokoro 7 and Rachel 4. I have versions of those, but Kokoro's crashes the game and Rachel's is see-through right away and getting wet doesn't really change it.

aberrantbank909

Potential Patron
+1 for making the final pack into a dlc, hope someone can do this as well do i hope for hairless versions for the genital area for the costumes , ive also noticed the anal area seems to have been left out , oddly enough

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.