DOA5LR: Wet shirt mod (1 Viewer)

RexHarbinger

Potential Patron
(Thanks, fleet.)

mrmojorisin, thank you. Exhibition mode has been mentioned and works well for this. I have to give credit to 3dfapman who was the first to suggest it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dynamicuno

Potential Patron
New outfit! Kasumi school uniform. The preview doesn't look as good as the final product because she wouldn't ever stand facing the light after a fight :/

Fantastic work Rex. Love the new Kasumi. Also love that it works fine with the short skirt mod that mafubo gave us.

Keep up the awesome work.

RexHarbinger

Potential Patron
Finished Ayane, but I'm going to get four finished together then post all four in a pack. That way there isn't any futzing about with multiple versions and files.
Here is a preview of Ayane's outfit to hold you over. I figure I'll have a pack ready by Friday or Saturday...

(edit to remove preview, new pack in original post)

fleet

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
RM Moderator
Content Creator
punchkoala, you really aren't supposed to post your mod in someone else's thread. You can start your own thread for that, if you'd like. I'd really rather you remove it.

mrmojorisin, thank you. Exhibition mode has been mentioned and works well for this. I have to give credit to 3dfapman who was the first to suggest it.

I moved punchkoala's post to a separate topic.
Very respectfully,
fleet (moderator)

RexHarbinger

Potential Patron
Put in a little overtime. Here goes the preview of Honoka. The bust area was particularly small on this texture map, but I did what I could...
Like the last one, this is a before and after picture. Two more to go before I post the pack...

RexHarbinger

Potential Patron
Last preview before the new pack. This one is Lisa, it is her... what do you call this outfit? It's the one where the top looks like a white hoodie but the bottom looks like a harem outfit, only all white rather then colorful. Seriously, I need to know what to call the filename. Name the outfit!
Anyway, it's another case where I don't like the preview pic but love the model in the game. No before and after this time, but a front and back.

ObsidianBlood

Potential Patron
Wow really nice work! I can't wait to see that Lisa mod in game.

The only name I could come up with for it is "belly dancer" or simply "dancer"?
I dunno, if I think of something else I'll let ya know

RexHarbinger

Potential Patron
New pack!

Details are in the original post.
If there are any issues with it (nipple placement, shading, anything), let me know as soon as possible in order for me to fix it.
Also, getting to the end of my list here. There are several ladies that just don't seem to have any wet texture maps. Some outfits you'd expect to have it but don't (like Pai's waitress outfit). I'd rather not modify the regular (dry) texture map for those.
Make take a little longer to get the next pack out if I have to go through each character to find a wet texture, so I'm still looking for suggestions.

Next one I'm working on is Hitomi - 21 - Steampunk.

Edit:
Well, over 700 downloads and no complaints... I guess that's good. I may have the next pack before the weekend's up...

RexHarbinger

Potential Patron
I was halfway done with her gym outfit, but I take requests. Will switch Kokoro to being the School outfit.
I've finished Hitomi's Steampunk outfit and Mila with the Red Coat and White T-shirt. Running a bit behind today due to a massive hangov- I mean head cold. Should have a third pack out tonight or tomorrow morning.
After uploading Pack 2 I even had some time to play the game. Finished the story mode. I like the intuitive play style that lets you pull of great moves without having to practice muscle memory (forward, down, down-forward, I'm looking at you...) Some of the combos are a bit hard and I really haven't gotten the hang of holds.
We are at over 900 downloads of Pack 2 and no complaints? That's cause for celebration, break out the wi-... uh, grape juice. Yeah, that's the ticket.
Note: After the third pack, I don't know how many more packs I will do. I might just take requests (providing I can get four people to make a request). I found a really easy way to dump character textures and can even just dump every texture for a given character. This lets me look through the textures and find which outfits have wet-maps. If I don't get sidetracked by something else shiny, I may just wind up doing every wet-map in the game. But that idea seems over whelming to me right now, so I try not to think about it.

RexHarbinger

Potential Patron
Pack 3 posted in original post!
LeiFang's outfit was by far the hardest one I've had to do. The blue stripes caused no end of difficulty, and the wrinkles, and... well, I did the best I could, because I hadn't done one for LeiFang yet and wanted to do one for each lady with a wet-map.
The textures in the game appear to have been pulled from several generations. Sometimes they have gone back and added supplementary texture maps for details when the old ones were too small. Lots of times, the area for the nipple was so small, I worried about the level of detail on the model. If the texture map only has room for a nipple that is 24 pixels wide, then the normal map, which is half the size, would only have a nipple 12 pixels wide (and that counts the areola). Suffice to say that I wasn't always happy with the results, but you carry on.

I'm likely to do a few more of these. Until I get a request (one that I can do, has to have a wet map), I'm going to do some extra outfits for some characters I've already done. For instance, Helena has a lot of nice outfits, and apparently a slight aversion to bras...

mortanios

Potential Patron
The mod dont work for me. Screenshot_5.jpg

RexHarbinger

Potential Patron
Mortanios,, the wet shirt effect doesn't show up at the beginning of a fight, you haven't gotten them wet yet. Fight for a while (one round fight get them a bit wet, and two round fight are mostly wet) or go to a map with water and get thrown into it (knocked down or an actual throw where you are lying flat in the water).

123do4ateo6

Potential Patron
Those are the best mods for this game, keep up with the good work! ;)

It`s possible to make the panties look wet/transparent over time aswell?

RexHarbinger

Potential Patron
No, I'm afraid not (at least not with any of the costumes I've seen so far). I'm working within the framework of the game. The game already has wet shirts for some of the outfits, although a lot of the time the effect was so subtle you wouldn't even notice it. For example, Christie 03 outfit has a wet map, but the actual texture almost doesn't change at all. I tried making a mod for it, but I wasn't satisfied with the results. For some reason, the right nipple just reflected light weird no matter what I tried, so I doubt I will release that one.

Now, Helena 08 has a wet map, but just for her pants. It might be possible to make it appear she has gone commando, but even so I wouldn't put any details in there, at most, I might have some bush slightly show through. Right now, I'm wholesale dumping each character's maps and looking for anything interesting. I feel like I'm reaching the end of this project. There are some more wet maps I'd like to do, but real life is demanding more of my time for right now. More packs may have to wait for a few days. Maybe next weekend.

I've looked at some of the costume pack DLC's on Steam, but there is no way I'm paying that much for them. Maybe if they get some "Xtreme" price cuts during a steam sale, I might look into them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.