disable mods ingame (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter user123
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
U

user123

he guy i have a question!
When I use the loader i can see my current mods if i press P, but can i disable them ingame? :-\

stuntcock

Content Creator
user123 said:
When I use the loader i can see my current mods if i press P
Are you sure? When I press P, I see the Loader-associated UI of a few mods. Most mods have no such UI and are basically invisible.

but can i disable them ingame? :-\
Not really. There's a Reset button but it won't remove everything (because modders can make their proxies immune to Reset, and because most mods don't properly dispose of stuff that they put into memory). In some cases, it wouldn't even make sense to disable a mod on-demand -- what happens if that mod is a prequisite for another mod which appears later in the load order? Would the game just start misbehaving (e.g. dialog lines stop firing, anatomy contorts itself into pretzels, etc)? Or would the Loader need to be aware of these prerequisites (like Fallout ESMs) and disable several items simultaneously?

Just let us know what you're actually trying to do (e.g. "I'm trying to write a mod and I want to be able to unload it so I can quickly test a new version whenever I patch the code" or "I'm trying to build an exhaustive compatibility list for every SDT mod ever made") and we'll try to assist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.