Difficulties with Animtools (1 Viewer)

SasakiKojiro

Potential Patron
Thanks a lot for the info Stun, hey sry for bothering you but, i want to ask you something, i have had some problems with some animtools positions and i dont rly know what to do about it, anytime i use those positions i get those weird bugs, im reading the tutorials but i dont kinda get to know where i should start, can you give me some advice? , thanks a lot.

Attachments

• akame 1.png
    akame 1.png
    340.1 KB · Views: 145
  • akame 2.png
    akame 2.png
    417.2 KB · Views: 143
  • darkness 1.png
    darkness 1.png
    406.8 KB · Views: 146

stuntcock

Content Creator
i have had some problems with some animtools positions and i dont rly know what to do about it
  • Akame1
    • the "protruding bone" problem is inevitable. There is no direct way to fix it.
    • The body anatomy in SDT is incomplete. Hip joints are not properly simulated and the girl doesn't even have a pelvis.
    • You should avoid positions in which the girl will bend over backwards.
    • In this case, you could raise the girl's thighs so that they're parallel with her torso. You can still allow the calves to bend downwards.
  • Akame2
    • it's a hair layering problem.
    • You can apply the hairoverlaypatchV1 mod created by sby; it might fix the problem entirely.
    • Or you could tweak the PNG file itself in order to merge the weird floating bits and put most of the hair onto a single layer.
  • Darkness1
    • "panties clipping through thigh" is a problem caused by layering limitations and weak rigging. Clothes don't properly stretch around the body. A few body parts (such as the iliacus) are simulated in a VERY lazy way, so clothing which passes across this area will often look bad.
    • It's possible to fix the appearance by generating a new import (using the BODY category, or using a Loader mod and injecting sprites onto specific layers). But that's probably moot because ...
    • "weird black gap in the butt" is an anatomy flaw. There's no direct fix available. I briefly tried to fix it, but it involves a lot of effort for a very minor improvement (and so I abandoned the attempt).
    • The girl's buttocks have a bit of surplus arc beyond what is normally seen. During normal gameplay this surplus section disappears into the waist/torso area (as the thigh is extended) and then slides out from behind the torso and becomes visible again (as the thigh is flexed).
    • If there was too much "extra" buttock then it might poke out through her abdomen when the thigh is fully extended. Therefore the amount of extra buttock is limited; @Konashion included enough to cover the range-of-motion available to a kneeling character.
    • If the thigh is fully flexed (e.g. girl's knees colliding with her breasts) then we'll reveal the entire thigh/buttock sprite and begin to expose sprites which are normally "behind" the thigh. This isn't immediately fatal, because the viewer will normally see skin-tone colors of the BACKSIDE and TORSO sprites.
    • Unfortunately, this doesn't work when the girl is wearing thong panties. Most panties draw fabric on the BACKSIDE, so we see large unpleasant sections of black (or white, etc) within an area of skin.
    • Therefore the fix for your Darkness problem is either:
      • reduce the thigh flexion; move the girl's knees further away from her torso
      • OR remove the panties

SasakiKojiro

Potential Patron
  • Akame1
    • the "protruding bone" problem is inevitable. There is no direct way to fix it.
    • The body anatomy in SDT is incomplete. Hip joints are not properly simulated and the girl doesn't even have a pelvis.
    • You should avoid positions in which the girl will bend over backwards.
    • In this case, you could raise the girl's thighs so that they're parallel with her torso. You can still allow the calves to bend downwards.
  • Akame2
    • it's a hair layering problem.
    • You can apply the hairoverlaypatchV1 mod created by sby; it might fix the problem entirely.
    • Or you could tweak the PNG file itself in order to merge the weird floating bits and put most of the hair onto a single layer.
  • Darkness1
    • "panties clipping through thigh" is a problem caused by layering limitations and weak rigging. Clothes don't properly stretch around the body. A few body parts (such as the iliacus) are simulated in a VERY lazy way, so clothing which passes across this area will often look bad.
    • It's possible to fix the appearance by generating a new import (using the BODY category, or using a Loader mod and injecting sprites onto specific layers). But that's probably moot because ...
    • "weird black gap in the butt" is an anatomy flaw. There's no direct fix available. I briefly tried to fix it, but it involves a lot of effort for a very minor improvement (and so I abandoned the attempt).
    • The girl's buttocks have a bit of surplus arc beyond what is normally seen. During normal gameplay this surplus section disappears into the waist/torso area (as the thigh is extended) and then slides out from behind the torso and becomes visible again (as the thigh is flexed).
    • If there was too much "extra" buttock then it might poke out through her abdomen when the thigh is fully extended. Therefore the amount of extra buttock is limited; @Konashion included enough to cover the range-of-motion available to a kneeling character.
    • If the thigh is fully flexed (e.g. girl's knees colliding with her breasts) then we'll reveal the entire thigh/buttock sprite and begin to expose sprites which are normally "behind" the thigh. This isn't immediately fatal, because the viewer will normally see skin-tone colors of the BACKSIDE and TORSO sprites.
    • Unfortunately, this doesn't work when the girl is wearing thong panties. Most panties draw fabric on the BACKSIDE, so we see large unpleasant sections of black (or white, etc) within an area of skin.
    • Therefore the fix for your Darkness problem is either:
      • reduce the thigh flexion; move the girl's knees further away from her torso
      • OR remove the panties
Thanks for the advise men, i edited the position to fix that problem with the prop, now it looks a lot better, onto something else, i have some issues with these two .swf archives, whenever i load it, it becomes impossible to make any adjustments to the girl, like clothes, accesories, body size and some more stuff, ¿there is any way to fix the sdt loader compability error?

Attachments

• akame 3.png
    akame 3.png
    427.8 KB · Views: 112
Last edited by a moderator:

stuntcock

Content Creator
i have some issues with this .swf archive
Where possible, please try to link to the original file instead of re-attaching it. SWF files have weak authorship information. If someone downloads an attached file from a random thread then they often won't know who created it or where to look for similar mods.

If we link them to the source page then they can click the author's name (to find other mods from the same person), click the tags (to find related material), or visit the author's thread (to make suggestions or complain about bugs).

I've edited your post so that it links to the two files you mentioned.

whenever i load it, it becomes impossible to make any adjustments to the girl, like clothes, accesories, body size and some more stuff
That is not an intentional behavior of the mod.

@ModGuy has given us some very reliable programming techniques for SDT modding. By using these techniques, we can create mods which subtly influence the game's behavior, or re-write major sections of game logic. If the modder is careful then their mod will usually have strong compatibility with other mods, it will not make the core SDT game unstable, and it will not impair the user from customizing the game or performing standard gameplay tasks.

RajasGrimes' mods were written before many of these modding techniques became available. They employ risky (or "experimental") code in order to achieve results which we would consider simple and straightforward. If certain interactions occur while the mod is running, its scripts can "throw an error". SDT can partially contain such errors. A faulty script will usually damage the behavior of one gameplay system while allowing others to proceed (here's an example: bad code causes saliva strands to freeze in place). RajasGrimes' mods use a much more general approach; when they encounter an error, most of the game ceases to operate.

There errors are normally hidden from you; you would simply notice that the game has stopped working properly. If you wish to observe the errors then you can download the Flash Player projector content debugger. Please note that SWF errors can very rarely be resolved by a normal user; special tools and knowledge are needed. The debugger is useful if you want to learn AS3 and begin writing your own mods. The debugger allows you to share detailed error information with SDT modders. But it won't directly help you to fix problems which you encounter during normal gameplay, and it will worsen your gameplay experience (because it's slower than the standard player app, and it sometimes shows annoying popup messages). You should not feel as though you're required to use it.

¿there is any way to fix the sdt loader compability error?
Ask for a Revision. The code can't be directly repaired, but the artwork can be extracted and then reassembled into a more "modern" package.

SasakiKojiro

Potential Patron
Ok sry about those files, i dont usually post that much so i kinda need to learn a lot of stuff i will be more careful next time, thanks for your time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.